Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

Carecat posted:

Good news, you got covered by Scott Manley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pChmQz6FpR0
I blame him for my purchase! :)

Was in my wish list anyway, came in here after watching his video and learning it has goons in the development team sealed the deal for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
Have one star system with 100 planets and the rest of space is empty.

Played a game recently, NPC (that had taken over a few other empires and had them as vassals) declared war on me, I had a loving huge military compared to them and asked them to surrender and they said no, had star destroying ships that popped a few stars and wouldn't you know it they surrendered pretty drat quickly!

Any plans for Dyson spheres and planetary engines on those?
... can you move a ringworld with one? Hmm... I may need to try that.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life

Star Ruler 2: In the Wake of the Herald posted:

Certain types of resources can be sent back to your home galaxy by exporting them to one of your Beacons. The pressures from those resources will then slowly build up Support points on your beacon, and you can spend this Support on a number of useful benefits for your beacons and empire

Playing as the Heralds and I appear to be missing something. How and what do I export via beacon? I'd really like to upgrade my beacons and get more of them.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life

Bremen posted:

You just export a planet's resource to the beacon.

q_k posted:

If you hover over the different projects you can see they require ore, defense support, tech support, or power support. Those are generated by a resource which produces that pressure type except for ore. You transfer it over to the gate by either dragging and dropping it from the planet producing it, or click on the planet, and right click on the gate and it should give you the option to export to the gate.
Found it because of these posts, thanks! Click planet -> right-click bacon.

What about fleet management? Is there a way to see all your fleets on one screen like there is with planets?

Also, being able to remove/collapse all of the inputs and outputs of planets on the planet tab would be very nice. So would being able to scroll left and right on that tab, as would being able to set up a default/global setting for planets and ships to autobuy support.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life

Doodmons posted:

supports that are size 250
... that would totally make my computer not want to kill itself when I am playing. 30+ planets with thousand of defense points and giant fleets of sub-10 supports makes my game almost stop motion (IF I COULD PRESS THE drat PAUSE BUTTON ANYWAY)

Although there is something absolutely MAGICAL about putting a bacon and a ringworld in another faction's home system, making that ring just the gun and missile base (not at home, can't check), building up (and transferring) massive low cost support fleets to the ringworld, annexing all their other systems and then deccing the faction. My record time to surrender was under 3 minutes.

• Locked thread