Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
After a recent game of Twilight Imperium, I had a hankering for a space 4X and found this in my steam library. Must have been from a bundle or something. I almost completely overlooked it, and wasn't really expecting much when I installed it.

While playing the tutorial, I said out loud "Oh this is bad rear end!" at least 3 times. Now I just wish I'd looked into this thread earlier.
My first game ended horribly as these games usually do for me, but I was impressed enough to immediately buy the expansion even though I'm incredibly broke and shouldn't spend money. It was mostly trading card money anyway.

I haven't had time to dig in yet, but my only wish so far is for dual monitor support. The tab based interface just begs for it. I instinctively tried to pull tabs over to the other monitor as if they were chrome tabs. I wasn't exactly disappointed or surprised when that didn't work, but if it did, I'd probably jump and clap. I'm sure there's a good reason so few devs implement support for multiple monitors. Maybe it just takes too much development time for a feature only a small portion of players would use, and I can see this is a pretty small team. I find myself wishing for it in most 4X games I play, though and this one especially...the tabs just make it seem so obvious that I did poke around the options a bit to see if it had been implemented, but didn't find anything. This isn't really a complaint, and I've already dedicated way too many words to it. It just would have been icing.

Digression aside, I just wanted to chime in to say wow, great game. I can't wait to really learn it, then try to convince my friends to pick it up so we can give Invasion a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I also felt bad for getting this in the killer 8 bundle when I read about it, but bought the expansion and convinced a friend to buy it as well so my guilt is abated.

• Locked thread