Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
LOL Big Show got his elimination back haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The whole DX/nWo thing was so loving bad because THEY DIDN'T TURN ON STING I mean come the gently caress on. A stupid handshake to put over HHH? My immersion is ruined by the lack of someone, anyone, brutally turning on Sting. What the hell, it's like they didn't watch any NWA or WCW at all

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Roman Reigns is not looking very strong so far

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Ok, I'm usually negative and in that vein the rest of Mania loving SUUUUCKED but that main event was awesome. Lesnar looked great, they made Reigns look tough albeit only able to cope with Lesnar given a lucky break/Lesnar loving with him, and we get the belt off the guy who can't work every show and it's not Reigns.

The only bad part is we'll probably be getting 20 minute promos of HHH putting over Rollins every Raw for the next 3 months

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The angles were all well done and cool, the main event was great. Maybe I'm just spoiled by New Japan and the indies though because the rest just seemed kind of meh

Wyatt/Taker was a lovely match, Sting/HHH was a lovely match that was probably really awesome if you had any interest in seeing the nWo, but I'm so loving sick of those guys that it just sucked. The women's tag was fine, the ladder match was fine but nothing special, Cena/Rusev seemed like an average at best match but maybe that's just because I was expecting more from it. The finish was also trash especially with it being randomly telegraphed by them having Lana throw her shoes into the ring so she could take the bump without dying. (Seriously wtf was that about). Orton/Rollins had a cool finish to an otherwise forgettable Raw quality match.

It's a weird show in that it was way better than I expected and the main event to me definitely made it a very good show, but nothing on the undercard was very interesting and I don't know if there was any single match that I'd ever want to see again.

Oh well, I'll just take it as a positive that despite how lovely WWE has been lately and the fact that I usually only watch 1/3rd of Raw before I turn the channel or fall asleep I still watched this entire show and was into it and the ~wrestlemania experience~

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Tr33 posted:

I mostly agree with that, but to me the one thing that helped the show the most was the announcers actually called the matches instead of making GBS threads on everything and goofing off. Really helps getting stuff that would usually be considered mediocre to the next level.

Yeah, the presentation was really good overall. The entrances were cool, the announcing was actually good, the video packages were good.

Everything about the show was legitimately awesome except that at least for me personally the main event was the only match that I actually cared about or thought was particularly interesting in the ring

edit: I have to take that back partially if only because HHH's entrance was probably the funniest/worst thing ever. But I guess that actually made it kind of awesome...

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

freud mayweather posted:

I just caught up. Did everyone see that horseshit HHH entrance where they used iMovie and a Lifetouch backdrop to try to make a retired governor look intimidating? Or the stumpy robot t-rex arms they glued to HHH's shoulder pads? Great times at the Wrestlemania.

yeah that was so loving bad that it actually circled around to the point where it completely owned

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Roman Reigns looked like John Cena who will NEVER GIVE UP which I'm quite sure was the plan/idea. It was done very well.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I just thought the HHH/Sting match was more of the clique + friends forming an unbroken circle created by them all sucking each others' dicks for 20 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Extreme0 posted:

I wanted Shockmaster to trip up Kevin Nash and Nash selling that he tore his quad because of it.

Well, he did pretend that he tore his quad while selling, which was probably the highlight of the match

• Locked thread