Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

DGib posted:

explain how anything was good.

ladder match was a snooze fest with a bunch of midcard geeks
orton rollins was boring to nobody's surprise
HHH and sting had a terrible ending but at least it had some nostalgia
women's wrestling is terrible as usual
cena winz lol
undertaker wyatt didn't need to exist at all
rousey is cool
reigns laughing at lesnar beating him up was cringe worthy and lesnar is about the only watchable thing in wwe in years so they take the belt off him to put on a guy who cant talk

tell me how im wrong please

blah blah blah poo poo poo poo poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The angles were all well done and cool, the main event was great. Maybe I'm just spoiled by New Japan and the indies though because the rest just seemed kind of meh

Wyatt/Taker was a lovely match, Sting/HHH was a lovely match that was probably really awesome if you had any interest in seeing the nWo, but I'm so loving sick of those guys that it just sucked. The women's tag was fine, the ladder match was fine but nothing special, Cena/Rusev seemed like an average at best match but maybe that's just because I was expecting more from it. The finish was also trash especially with it being randomly telegraphed by them having Lana throw her shoes into the ring so she could take the bump without dying. (Seriously wtf was that about). Orton/Rollins had a cool finish to an otherwise forgettable Raw quality match.

It's a weird show in that it was way better than I expected and the main event to me definitely made it a very good show, but nothing on the undercard was very interesting and I don't know if there was any single match that I'd ever want to see again.

Oh well, I'll just take it as a positive that despite how lovely WWE has been lately and the fact that I usually only watch 1/3rd of Raw before I turn the channel or fall asleep I still watched this entire show and was into it and the ~wrestlemania experience~

I mostly agree with that, but to me the one thing that helped the show the most was the announcers actually called the matches instead of making GBS threads on everything and goofing off. Really helps getting stuff that would usually be considered mediocre to the next level.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Remember when WWE tried to get a nice-guy rookie called Rocky Maivia over and the audience absolutely hated him?
Yeah, Reigns needs to go mega-heel.

yeah the problem with that is I highly doubt reigns can promo anywhere close to rocks league not to mention they pulled the plug on rocky long before he had the chance to potentially ruin the mainevent at wrestlemania

thats not to say he still cant get over, but hes gonna have a much much harder go of it than the rock

Tr33 fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Mar 30, 2015

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Tato posted:

It's still the best method, lots of people get over as a heel first because they actually get to have a personality and forge a connection with the audience that is maintained even once they switch to the more generic babyface promos. Worked just fine for Rock, Austin, Cena, Daniel Bryan, and plenty of others.

Reigns started as a heel, but he definitely wasn't the guy getting to display his personality, he was just the guy who said "Believe that" at the end of the other two guys giving promos. A solo heel run could be great for him.

they should give it a shot, i mean if nothing else they bought him at least a year to make it happen, hopefully wwe (and the crowd too) will have enough patience to do it right.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

actually things were going as planned until reigns got hurt and halted his development. i dont think anyone really expected reigns to be that far behind by the time he got back, altho the via satellite promos was a decent indicator. but even then satellite promos are dumb anyway so it was at least fair to try to let him make an actual return before saying gently caress it.

• Locked thread