Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Sting losing to HHH is unforgivable I don't care how much interference there was. The whole match was basically Vince stroking himself while burying the last bit of WCW. The only reason the NWO came out to help Sting was so that DX could "beat" the NWO. Congrats Vince you won, hope your lovely WWE movies start making bank because pro wrestling is as good as dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Onmi posted:

Someone said it felt like "Wrestling isn't Wrestling" in a match, and it DID. Sting was about to beat Triple H and then his putties ran in, and then when they were dealt with he got Shawn Michaels to run in, and then he got a sledge hammer, and he basically cheated his rear end off to get the win and in his mind, he was like "I am the warrior god king rear end kicker"

This match would have been great at the Rumble as a lead up to their Mania match. As a Mania match though it sucked. Sting should have won, and honestly the cheating and muddled finish just seemed like something that the WWE threw in so Sting would do the job for HHH. The Mania match should have been one on one, and ended with HHH taping to the scorpion death lock. If you wanna get the win back later fine, but don't bring in Sting build him up then turn the whole mess into WWE vs WCW with HHH comming out on top.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Mechafunkzilla posted:

If HHH beating Sting made you upset and mad at HHH then...well, mission accomplished. Good stuff.

Thats the problem. It didn't make me mad at HHH, it doesn't make me want to tune in next week to see HHH get whats coming to him. It was supposed to be a one off match, and Sting lost for no real reason other than WWE ego. All that match did was cement in my mind that Vince is a sore winner who still gets off on burying every last piece of WCW. I came away from that match disappointed, that the WWE couldn't be the bigger men for once and give the fans what they wanted to see. Especially since the match devolved into little more than a tongue in cheek fourth wall breaking nostalgia trip.

• Locked thread