Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Thauros posted:

Nash actually makes perfect sense at least, people forget that Sting was an nWo member although aligned against Hall and Hogan. That's minor imo compared to Sting shaking HHH's hand after having no respect for him going in and only losing thanks to massive bullshit.

That was the dumbest part for me. It's like if you just did one-on-one then fine. But you didn't, you lost to a guy who had to use a weapon against you and call on all his friends so he could cheat. Why are you shaking hands with the guy who screwed you?

Well of course because it's a meta-narrative of WCW vs WWE. We'll screw you, but eventually you'll just shake hands with us and thank us for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

MotU posted:

I thought the laughing was kinda stupid and would have preferred him to have just been a stoic badass. I don't think it really fit with what they've done to him up to this point. His whole "I can and I will" poo poo should have just had him standing up and staring in his face and honestly going more toe to toe with him rather than ragdolled for most of the match then doing a comeback spot. Yeah, I understand the basic babyface formula but Roman shouldn't be the basic babyface. He looks like he is supposed to be an asskicker and that he should be the only one that can stand up to Lesnar on an even level and him getting wrecked up for most of it just made him look like a chump with the gigglefits. It is ironic considering the standard "Gotta make Roman look strong!" joke, but I really don't think he looked strong enough. Resilient I guess, but still thought offensively he needed more

The laughing worked for me because it didn't seem like Roman was being cocky, instead it seemed more like 'I can't believe I'm still in this'. It reads to me more like Roman realising 'Holy poo poo, he's as strong as they say'. This ties in to his reactions later when he's giving the big punches and realises that he might knock him down.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Skeezy posted:

Max Landis actually made a tweet about the match. He made it sound like he was at HQ working with creative on that one or something.

Probably a joke.

He did a pretty good Reddit AMA the other day. He had been invited backstage for the go home show and said that he saw enough of what went on behind the scenes to know that he wouldn't want to work for WWE.

• Locked thread