Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Inferior posted:

Cosette mewls "Sorry!" whenever she kills someone, despite being a soldier in soldier school in a war-torn country in 1937. The most anime.

She is a Medic (the game calls it engineer, but seriously, she's a Medic) for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The real difference between a normal Gallian college and Lanseal Military Academy will be aptly demonstrated in what I believe is the next animated cutscene.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Lack of permadeath also opens up the avenue of being suicidal with your troops.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Trying to equate a nuclear bomb to a living person really muddies the issue, of course.

VC1 was really bad about trying to communicate its morals and/or themes.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yeah, it'd be real nice if you could have Cosette start along another class line...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It also has a beach episode for a black ops/penal legion group.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Jarde is one of the few things that is actually less anime in regards to its VC1 counterpart.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I remember liking Brixham's voicework for this game.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Poil posted:

Sorry, I don't get the reference at all. :saddowns:

Google 'Sweeney Todd.'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Francis posted:

I still don't understand why you'd expect anything better from the Gallian Army as depicted in VC1.

Well they do turn out star-quality officer material every once in a while.

Said world-class officers are immediately sent to penal legions, of course.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

One match a month sounds like a terrible way to hold a tournament.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dodging in Valkyria Chronicles is really, really silly. We've not even seen the worst of it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

David Corbett posted:

So this is the part where they really, really wanted to name them Zabi, isn't it?

E: Well, they managed to outdo to world's dumbest star fort by locating themselves in a castle perched on the side of a cliff. This would have been a good defensive position about 500 years before the game's time frame. Now it's just an artillery target.

But we're the good guys, and good guys don't bombard defenceless forts like that.

Besides it's a priceless historical monument and destroying it would make the queen sad.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

quote:

Gihren Zabi of Gundam Origins

We're never going to escape the Zabi allusions, are we?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

A Valkyria is pretty much the hot poo poo of the current setting so it stands to reason everyone would be scrambling to reproduce that kind of power ASAP.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Even the 'normal' Valkyrian lances are pretty much useless as actual melee weapons unless you want to use the in a cavalry charge or something. Good thing their owners can shoot giant lasers from them.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I lack the words to communicate how much I hate Vicky Baytear.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think it's that a devout Yggdist like Audrey might be concerned about a true-blue Valkyria fighting against them.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hey at least her travelling attire isn't quite as bad as her combat gear.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Crap, the rebels have starting equipping their soldiers with Windamium.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Senerio posted:

The best part of that mission, and the reason I will never forget Baldren Gassenarl's name is the voice clip he has when he uses any order:

Every. Time. He. Does. Anything.

Liam O'Brien chewing scenery never does get old.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

So is it at all possible to defeat the named commanders that are showing up now if you grinded a ton/cheated? I assume nothing significant happens but I'm wondering if the game will even let you hurt them.

Yes you can, and you earn Medals for beating bosses earlier than you're supposed to.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I honestly wouldn't mind the anime highschool stuff half as much if the game was more tonally consistent.

I don't think it's a spoiler at this point to say that the upcoming Yuell mission is going to deal with Cosette backstory and the issue of her parents being murdered. Meanwhile she plays matchmaker for a classmate.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Imca isn't superpowered.

I think.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The whole Yuell arc is an exercise in stupidity.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Honestly? Avan is just following in Welkin's proud footsteps where if a guy makes an argument you don't like but can't refute, you just hit him .

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

... Well

That Geirolul sure is an awesome looking tank, huh guys?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Remember what Cosette's room looked like earlier? That was a brief clue hinting at her colour blindness.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Vario is absurd enough I can't help but love him.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tae posted:

People are affected by the art pages which go into way-too-much detail about breast sizes and swimsuit availability, to the point that Franca has small breasts because they already have others with big breasts was a mandate.

I dunno man, if anyone thinks the Persona 4 girls weren't designed specifically to hit specific appeal-points or whatever you call it they're probably just fooling themselves.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

what's wrong with home-schooling

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I like Noel's hat a lot.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Marion is part of the nobility, so it stands to reason that she never had any real opportunity to interact with Darcsens until she came to Lanseal. And, well, her 2 Darcsen classmates would only serve to reinforce her prejudices initially.

Dropping the racism would probably just be part of living close to Darcsens for a while and realizing they're not all like what she imagined.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Because you really want to name you super secret special project after a place dead warriors end up in.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

"Maybe I should have discussed my plans with my family at some point and made sure they were ok with it before moving ahead.

... Too late now, I guess. Blargh."

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Clarste posted:

No one dares question the crazy guy who just shot his own father.

Well in Mobile Suit Gundam when Gihren did the same daddy-killing stunt Kycilia nodded thoughtfully and promptly shot him in the back of his head.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also I recall seeing concept artwork somewhere where the inner thigh of Selveria's pants are exposed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

VC2 is beautiful

• Locked thread