Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Tae posted:

What do they do otherwise? Clean up mines, repair sandbags, still have long-range offense in Grenades, have a Blast suit, and also they have a giant loving shield...that deflects all interception attacks. They are the closest to having unlimited HP if you angle the shield right, though their AP isn't the greatest. If nothing else, they are great Camp capture characters by getting to a place healthy and chucking a grenade to move an enemy out of the way.

I really miss having mine clearers that could move farther than the tank, fortunatly mines haven't shown up very often as far as I've gotten in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

SSNeoman posted:

Watch as it suddenly turns out to be some Railgun thing, where they're not the worst, they just have latent powers that are not prevalent (because the protagonist is there see)

When your cast makes that of Index/Railgun look competent...

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

BioMe posted:

...Why would Soviet Germany agree to give any hostages to Switzerland again?

Probably had something to do with the politics of getting their army and the corpse of a prince back.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

OddObserver posted:

They can't seem to make up their mind whether it's the oldest academy or the only one (in which case, what point is there in technically correct labelling as oldest? Unless they mean there wasn't an older one that got closed or something).

The old academy building is the tiny castle with its own moat in one the points of the star.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Aiming at the feet of super dodgy baddies still works, doesn't it?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I just promoted Alexis and fed them all to his sword.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

You know, given the idiots in charge of the Galian Military, this makes perfect sense. See, somebody smart wouldn't trust Class G with the Duchess, but, because Class G is here, clearly it's some unimportant target.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Agean90 posted:

hmm yes the only black person in the class is a caveman and the mc thinks the holocaust is no big deal

I stopped playing this shortly after the goofy armor guys showed up, which is good because the game seems to be getting even more hilaribad with every story update.

Given how dumb/ignorant Avan is, he may not even know it happened.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Francis posted:

what the gently caress

this is not the true vc2 experience

where is your pride as an lper, man

He accidentally clipped it with Avan's sword.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Male.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

theshim posted:

The best part of Bloodthirsty is her line when it activates. It's just this amused "Heh. Cute. I can take you all! :black101:"

My biggest problem with Bloodthirsty is that it always procs after she's just finished murdering everything with the flamethrower and there's nobody left to hit with it.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

She's also sadly the only woman on the force not named Rosie, Alicia, or Aika who had a personality past "Let me tell you how much I hate the Darcsens/empire." Not that being a terrible singer and person all around is a good personality, but she was enthusiastic about it.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Tae is eventually going to be reduced to a force of all engineers and Avan as a lancer.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I think skits that don't show anything new about the characters can be skipped.

*Avan is asleep/eating something
<CharA> I certainly am a [trait].
<CharB> That <CharA> what a [trait].
*Avan says something ignorant.

can be skipped, but

<CharA> I'm a [trait] because [event] happened.

might have some worth.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

He's a fencer, that bullet did, like, three points of damage, tops.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

BioMe posted:

Regardless, "database culture" is a pretty dumb fancy way of saying "cliche".

... Perhaps the word you are looking for is trope? You didn't honestly think I'd link to that, did you?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Mehuyael posted:

For some reason Noel's face looks wrong to me. I always get the creeps when looking at her.

Human eyes are supposed to be in line with the top attachment of their ears. Noel's are above them and there's a huge gap between her eyes and her nose.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Hopeford posted:

I seriously hate Melissa. I strongly dislike when fiction tries to pass off stalking as funny or cute. Maybe I'm just an overly sensitive baby but I'm always like "Ehhhh this is seriously uncomfortable."

Also as an aside, is it me or is Avan way more bearable when he's in plot scenes than during random skits? I mean his personality is still the same but he's way less annoying(to me, at least) when he's reacting to the plot as opposed to some attempt at comedy. I kind of don't even mind his character like that.

Oooh right that's what it does, thanks. Yeah that's really useful on some maps. And yeah I don't get why the game even allows for troops that are already promoted to keep getting certificates. If not for that, even the grinding would be a lot more bearable.

Because you might decide that you don't actually want that guy to be a mobile mortar and want to change his class to something else in the same tree.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Ikasuhito posted:

I know its already been hammered half to death about the piss poor pacing, but I have to add my two cents.

I cant tell where we are in the context of the story, we could be half way through or the next update could be the finale and I wouldn't be surprised.

We've been introduced to, but haven't take out any of the enemy generals, so we're somewhere in the middle of the story, but if the Dirk reveal and Juliana's death signal the begining of the middle or the start of the end, I've got no idea. In a better game there'd be a huge tone shift here, but character quests mean that wacky school hijinx will continue until the end of the game.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

So, if Valkur are Newtypes, does that make lances funnels? ... And I guess the V2s are cybernewtypes.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

It feels like she's supposed to the same archetype as Kaolla Su from Love Hina: wild dark skinned girl who's good with machines (I wonder if Vicky had the Kansai accent in the original), but she utterly lacks any charm.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Glazius posted:

I swear, these potentials and orders seem like they were made for the last game's maps, not this game's maps.

These units too, who really cares if a a fencer or a mauler can't run very far if all the maps are tiny and crampt?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

This update brought to you by the :rolldice: and :catdrugs:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I know this is the wrong thing to notice with an ending that bad, but why is Alixis in the wrong uniform in that group shot?

Anyway thanks for suffering through this for us, I don't think I'll ever finish it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

In a better written game Dirk was a real person who died during the program and his crazy dad just replaced him and told the brainwashed Leon to never take his helmet off.

• Locked thread