Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

This game broke me.
No, it was not the anime ww2 high-school, I'm fairly resilient to :japan: (even if Avan and Cosette could use a brain).
The grind. Oh god the grind. The unit with horribly overpowered potentials and stats finally joined the group. Then I realized I'd have to grind said unit up :suicide:. When broken god-units elicit such a response, you know something in the gameplay is messed up.

Godspeed, and may the RNG god give you the right certificates in a timely manner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

SSNeoman posted:

ahahahaha

One of our main characters is a loving engineer. We're off to a great start :allears:

I forgot, does she generate CP when deployed, like Alicia, Largo and Rosie first game?
I think they removed that, but I'm not so sure.

Nick Buntline posted:

No you don't understand, the ability to repair tanks and remove landmines is a valuable contrihahahahahaha.

The way the devs overestimate engineers is ridicolous. It could be worse, they could have implemented forced engineer mechanics (that actually matter, that is).
I mean, ok, any actual army is going to need support units. This is a game, I want to rip and tear, not deal with logistics.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Senerio posted:

There are only two unit types that matter in this game, and none of our characters, bar Avan technically, are either of them.

Aren't shocktroopers considered good this time around? The division into submaps means a scout can't traverse the whole battlefield in two activations (so they don't invalidate anything non-sniper by default), while small submaps allow shocktroopers to reach anything they need to kill in their first activation and cap a camp while they're at it.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Nick Buntline posted:

Why...why didn't they just not accept them? Is there some quota of anime cliches they had to meet or something?

They're Avan, Colette and a Darcsen. The former two, they probably got the bare minimum in the exams. The latter does not deserve this, but Darcsen.

Brains, for the thing Zeri so wishes anyone else in the class had.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Tae posted:

gently caress YOU

...I mean, here are material items you need to do multiple things like create weapons, make temporarily buffs, and change class. TOTALLY NOT A GRIND AT ALL, NOPE

Oh wait, grind items are specific to characters that were in the mission instead of being a universal currency??? My favorite type of distribution!!!

The item grind is reasonable, it's the merit grind that :suicide:. Fun facts: there are multiple types and tiers of merits, which one you get is a bit RNG, only the MVPs get those.
Now that I think about it, is it possible to edit the save to give 99 of all merits to everyone? I could think about playing this again and I'm fairly sure PSP saves aren't encrypted, even on Vita.
In alternative, psp emulators are a thing now, so I could cheat through that.

Goons at home, don't pick this up if you don't have the means to cheat, the grind will erode your soul.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Tae posted:

There was potential there, just like anything, with a couple changes to give a little leeway before it hits "Peek anime" or whatever. You can hit peek anime all you want as long as you're tonally consistent.

See Persona 4, which is one of the most anime animes that ever animed and it also happens to be really well written.
It's not the clichés, is that it does nothing interesting with them. It's just a collection of random elements with little life of their own, a Frankenstein's monster of pieces badly reanimated by dark :japan: forces.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Tae posted:

The enemy can dodge grenades (though the explosion still does some splashback damage).

:psyduck:
Isn't that the whole loving point of grenades? gently caress dodges, gently caress sandbags, you're eating shrapnel?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Szurumbur posted:

Maybe Dirk is a magic princess?

Nah, he'd be Valkyring without the need of Maxie's cheap knock-off armor if that were the case.

Still, I don't get why Baldren didn't report on a Valkyrie appearing. Lanseal/Cordelia having an actual Valkyrie on active duty is not something that you want to hide, doubly so if it's the second magic princess nuke they have. They know it's the second because they know everything else, so they probably know about Alicia and if they don't have a couple spies tracking her movements they're bloody idiots.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Let's see, going by the cast section in the OP there are about 25 classmates (not counting the main cast) with 3 events each. That's at least 75 events. The number of events already completed: 33; looks like we're not even half finished with them.

You're forgetting that some of those events where from the main plot. :suicide:
I think we're still due another classmate or two, starting from scratch of course. Grind, player, grind :suicide:. Although I may be misremembering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Tae posted:

Is that a goddamn butler?

I reached (at least) this point. I know I did.
Why don't I remember the goddamn butler?

• Locked thread