Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more

Anne Whateley posted:

this was in reference to the big red title complete with swastika that someone had bought MB at the time

ah, well yes i agree that was excessive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I am hoping to get ASF's thoughts for sure, and they are welcome to PM me or email me at MockingBirdMod@gmail.com if they miss this window :hfive:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Super Serious Suggestion:

Move this thread to Pet Island so ASF can post cat pictures for that strange furred cat creacher.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

This cat:

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

And now something extremely cute. Bobbie.

Pawsies and a tummy!

Ears!

And finally, the picture of yours truly with her, massaging magic into Queen Bobbie's butt.

Calypso
Sep 28, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Please do not gas or close. If anything, move it. I understand the alarm after what happened with CD, but this is totally different. The only one he’s harming is himself, and actually a lot of that is somewhat understandable after all he’s been through. It’s interesting and informative.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I wish I had seen the CD thread when it was live, because I clocked his first mention of abuse very early on. Unfortunately, I came to it after it had been locked.

It really sucks because I just went through six months with a student exactly like his oldest son, same diagnoses and everything, and since I've already gone through one abuse investigation this year with THAT kid...yeah.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I'm not an e/n regular by any stretch, but I think there's no need to gas or even move this thread. It's one of the few threads on the entire forums at the moment that actually exemplifies why something awful is great. It would be a shame to see it go.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

This is the only thread I actually follow in E/N so I'm not intimately familiar with the recent child abuser/demodding incident but my impression is definitely that this feels like an overreaction to it. There's not a lot that has to be done imo, I think regardless Fatbeard shouldn't get any more exceptions and catch the usual consequences of a probe or whatever if they do a racism or ask for money in a no-money-asking zone, but that's about it. Move it to TCC if you want, TCC's a cool place full of cool people and has done some growing up since 10 years ago (who hasn't).

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
So, what was that incident? Is anyone still making Awfulpedia entries?

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Doctor Malaver posted:

So, what was that incident? Is anyone still making Awfulpedia entries?

There’s an 18 page thread in QCS that is closed now and a thread in E/N with GET PARENTING HELP in the title. The tl:dr would be former E/N mod Bobbie Wickham allowed a child abuser to continue posting for 16 pages and solicit advice on how to avoid CPS.

That being said, ASF is not even close to that level of a shitshow. He is an adult who has been through a lot and just likes shooting the poo poo with a few posters in this thread. Yes, he does abuse prescription drugs, but w/e. I sincerely believe he sometimes overplays some of the stuff for comedic effect. He is not suicidal nor does he do extremely dangerous poo poo like he used to. Leave ASF alone.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
You know guys, this thread has definitely run its course. I figured the other day that I'm engaging in antisocial behavior just so I'd have something to write about, even though at the moment my life is more or less back on track. The patreon money bumming was the icing on the cake, I don't know what I was thinking at the moment but a few days later it struck me just how negatively it reflects not just upon me, but upon the whole thread. I even stopped posting elsewhere on the forums but in this thread, which takes away the joy of posting, it feels like a chore that needs to be done. As far as the drugs are concerned, I'm just smoking weed these days and I'm sticking to my therapy. In a way I didn't want to disappoint people who have enjoyed my drug-fueled antics of yesteryear and thought that this should keep on ad infinitum. Another thing is that I apparently chose Chris Chan, of all the people, as my role model in life, despite being head and shoulders over him.

The patreon money, all eight dollars, was reinvested in the new-old avatar without the bumming link. It was an embarrassment from day one, because I don't feel I'm entitled to other people's hard earned money, however small the sum is. And this welfare money I'm getting invokes similar feelings in me, an unending stream of embarrassment because once again, I don't feel I'm entitled to other people's money, despite being crippled both physically and mentally.

I would like this thread to be closed because it's been going on for a preposterously long time and it's become a massive burden and moreover, it's egging me to do stupid poo poo I inevitably regret later. So lock/gas/goldmine, do as you please, just remove it from the active forums because while I admit that this was once a great thread, it has long since jumped the shark.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
That was a lucid post. Be well and don't visit drug Baba again.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Goonspeed to one of my favorite threads ever. See ya around the forums, ASF.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
F

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Be well, ASF! Thanks for all you’ve shared, and no kidding please consider posting photos of your wanderings around Croatia. It’s genuinely fascinating.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

End of an era. Thanks for the good times, ASF. I hope everything goes well for you and wish you the best!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Take care of yourself, ASF! Thank you for the pictures...you are a wonderful tour guide.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Be well ASF & good luck to you

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Goonspeed, ASF :hellyeah:

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Thanks for everything ASF! If you need it there are support threads here and TCC and elsewhere, otherwise post as much or as little as you want!

Take care of yourself and pet a Weedcat for us! :cabot:

Neophyte fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 7, 2019

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Be well, ASF

(For future reference, CWC uses she/her pronouns.)

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I love this :3:

I will give some time for everyone to say their goodbyes, and then bon voyage to the goldmine

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I lurked a long time and enjoyed every minute of it... you’re awesome man.

Good luck, ASF!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Best of luck to you ASF! I enjoyed your stories a great deal.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I really enjoyed reading this thread over the years, thanks ASF!

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
thanks asf. if you want to join a discord of cool, supportive ppl pm me for a link

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I really enjoyed reading this thread over the years, thanks ASF!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

spankmeister posted:

Best of luck to you ASF! I enjoyed your stories a great deal.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Calypso
Sep 28, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for your stories and pictures. I’ll miss this thread.

Toxteth OGrady
May 28, 2013
Thank you for the stories, I too will miss this thread. Please look after yourself, you seem like a nice bloke

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Take care, ASF. I've enjoyed your stories for many years.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
This thread has been a wild ride. Stay safe fatbeard.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How many E/N threads end like this I ask you.

It’s like we finally beat the end boss

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.
I've read the entire thread and think it should be goldmined. I use "cooking a chair" as a too high reference now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I use it as a stand-in for “keep loving that chicken”.

Keep cooking that chair, ASF.