Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

BurgerQuest posted:

I always wanted to send money to a Croatian prince. Please send my lottery winnings soon.

Thank you buddy! I wish something nice would happen to you, like if you find a box of kittens. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Just make a loot box company for Soviet Eastern European swag

Sweet I got a boom box

Oh gently caress I got uranium

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
I love you guys, but I wish you'd read the rules sometimes, re: links to Patreon and the like. I'll let it stand, though.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Just make a loot box company for Soviet Eastern European swag

Sweet I got a boom box

Oh gently caress I got uranium

Is this a nuclear powered boom box? I bet it has trubo bass.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Bobbie Wickham posted:

I love you guys, but I wish you'd read the rules sometimes, re: links to Patreon and the like. I'll let it stand, though.

Eh, whoops. Now I guess I'll be banned if I post anywhere else away from this thread. Maybe you could add a Sooper-Seekrit exception to the rule because I'm poor and I really need all the cash coins I can get :)

By the way, I'm preparing a super awesome package with cool Croatian stuff to a certain forums poster who rarely posts in this thread but has a been great moral support through IM. :)

Once again, I'm sorry for overlooking the "no panhandling" rule, you have no idea how sorry I am. :(

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

And I just want to mention that some people have far worse things in their avatars than me. :haw:

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Here, have a video I took last night, it's a walking tour of my doghouse apartment and I'm :siren: speaking in engrish in it for the first time :siren: so you'll finally have something to comment :haw:

Named it "commieblock Kramer" because that's exactly what I am. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZURQ6kAqOA

Fire away! :haw:

What was in the plastic carry box that you swiftly panned over without comment at 4:50, is it Serbian? Does it work too?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Tortuga posted:

What was in the plastic carry box that you swiftly panned over without comment at 4:50, is it Serbian? Does it work too?

Ahh, that's my ISKRA power drill from Slovenia, then-Yugoslavia - it's over 40 years old but it still works great. My grandpa's brother was some sort of mini-boss at the factory, and he picked up this suitcase set for free because it had a factory defect - the plastic insulation on the mains cable would rot and crumble into pieces only after a few months, and the factory management was aware of this problem, that's why they gave the whole set away for peanuts (or even for free, I'm not sure.) I replaced the mains cable and ended up with a brand new power drill! :)

Now that we're on drilling, I'm using the power drill to sand away my freakishly thick toenails; they're so thick from fungus that there are no scissors or clippers in the world that can go through that. I got the idea while watching that "dumb and dumber" movie and figured that although they were joking, that it can't be all bad so I adopted the practice to everyone's benefit. :haw:

Toenail fungus is a motherfucker to get rid of, I tried all kinds of medications but even the best of them only have a temporary effect.... while punching holes in my liver, so I basically quit trying to remedy the problem as it doesn't bug me much, actually (even though my toenails look deformed and gross.) :)

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Also your apartment looks like a pretty standard unit for Korea, Taiwan, or Thailand in my experience.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Ahh, that's my ISKRA power drill from Slovenia, then-Yugoslavia - it's over 40 years old but it still works great. My grandpa's brother was some sort of mini-boss at the factory, and he picked up this suitcase set for free because it had a factory defect - the plastic insulation on the mains cable would rot and crumble into pieces only after a few months, and the factory management was aware of this problem, that's why they gave the whole set away for peanuts (or even for free, I'm not sure.) I replaced the mains cable and ended up with a brand new power drill! :)

Now that we're on drilling, I'm using the power drill to sand away my freakishly thick toenails; they're so thick from fungus that there are no scissors or clippers in the world that can go through that. I got the idea while watching that "dumb and dumber" movie and figured that although they were joking, that it can't be all bad so I adopted the practice to everyone's benefit. :haw:

Toenail fungus is a motherfucker to get rid of, I tried all kinds of medications but even the best of them only have a temporary effect.... while punching holes in my liver, so I basically quit trying to remedy the problem as it doesn't bug me much, actually (even though my toenails look deformed and gross.) :)

Lol! So that makes you Lloyd Božić?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Booger Presley posted:

Lol! So that makes you Lloyd Božić?

Hey, I never said I was a smart guy. Besides, let's be realistic here, there's no way to shorten my goddamn toenails if you're not using some sort of power tool. :D

And there's quite a story about my toenails, I'll tell you in the morning when I pull myself a bit.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Hey, I never said I was a smart guy. Besides, let's be realistic here, there's no way to shorten my goddamn toenails if you're not using some sort of power tool. :D

And there's quite a story about my toenails, I'll tell you in the morning when I pull myself a bit.

Actually, I'm going to say it here and now. Back in the day, some twenty years ago, I had a bizzarre manifesto webpage detailing my often-difficult life with ingrown toenails and the resulting hideous infections. I was surprised to see that archive.org spidered all of it for us to gloat about in the distant future (which is now.)

I of course wrote under a pseudonym, and the archived site is here, though it's gross on any level imaginable: http://web.archive.org/web/20050308093953/http://bing.20m.com/toenails/index.htm

Also do note how much my English has improved in the past twenty years. :) Too bad that nobody makes hilarious manifesto pages anymore :(

This website was in fact what brought me to SA: somebody linked my retarded website to Portal of Evil (remember it?) and I became a regular there. One of the websites they had linked on their front page was Something Awful, and that's what brought me here. So that's my story. :)

I'll be glad to answer any questions. :)

(by the way, is it distasteful if I ask the readers to become my patrons here? I'm all new to this stuff and I yet don't know the do-s and don't-s.) :)

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Actually, I'm going to say it here and now. Back in the day, some twenty years ago, I had a bizzarre manifesto webpage detailing my often-difficult life with ingrown toenails and the resulting hideous infections. I was surprised to see that archive.org spidered all of it for us to gloat about in the distant future (which is now.)

I of course wrote under a pseudonym, and the archived site is here, though it's gross on any level imaginable: http://web.archive.org/web/20050308093953/http://bing.20m.com/toenails/index.htm

Also do note how much my English has improved in the past twenty years. :) Too bad that nobody makes hilarious manifesto pages anymore :(

This website was in fact what brought me to SA: somebody linked my retarded website to Portal of Evil (remember it?) and I became a regular there. One of the websites they had linked on their front page was Something Awful, and that's what brought me here. So that's my story. :)

I'll be glad to answer any questions. :)

(by the way, is it distasteful if I ask the readers to become my patrons here? I'm all new to this stuff and I yet don't know the do-s and don't-s.) :)

Lol, the hits just keep on coming. God bless the Wayback Machine.

You already asked us to become your patrons. You were chastised for it, and given a pass.

I would prefer to just send you money directly in the mail along with any other neat stuff I have laying around. I have mentioned this numerous times, but I don’t know how to get your address because I don’t have private messages.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Lol, the hits just keep on coming. God bless the Wayback Machine.

You already asked us to become your patrons. You were chastised for it, and given a pass.

I would prefer to just send you money directly in the mail along with any other neat stuff I have laying around. I have mentioned this numerous times, but I don’t know how to get your address because I don’t have private messages.

Nah buddy, just send some money over to PayPal, it's going to be appreciated. :)
https://www.paypal.me/fatbeardo

Your loose change is going to be more than appreciated. Like, err got a cigarette buddy? :)

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
You have been given a pass from Bobbie Wickham as moderator of this amazing thread for the panhandling, but I wouldn't push it much more than what you have good buddy. Sure, you are only asking for a couple bucks for a pack of smokes or a 2 litre bottle of cat piss beer, and nothing like the thousands that got that hot dog stand funded from GBS, but don't take it too far, would be a shame to see you banned all for the sake of a smoke.

Is it easy to set up a P.O Box in Croatia?

I'm sure if you got yourself one of them and it didn't cost a lot to maintain then you'd have a bunch of us from all over the globe willing to send you random trinkets from the modern era that would more than make up for the cost of the box itself.

A P.O. Box would net you some random stuff from around the world from your 'fans' rather than straight up asking for e-cash, and you could even do some un-boxing videos so we can see your reaction to getting gifts of 1st world novelties from internet strangers!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

He's received a few packs over the years and shipping has always been outrageously expensive, like more than 3 times the value of everything inside.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Did you get that show in Croatia? I loved it when I was a kid.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

spankmeister posted:

This was one of the best ones IMO :)

By the way, I set up my old "ingrown toenails horror" webpage so you can all gloat at the horrible, horrible things that can happen to your toes and toenails. the link is here: http://fatbeard.epizy.com/toenails/index.html

I'm going to hit the sack, over and out :)

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

...and of course, no Slav neighborhood is complete without a mountain of junk just stewing there on the street corner. :)

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

And finally, have a link to the updated website about my toenails, called "Ingrown toenails horror!"

http://fatbeard.epizy.com/toenails/

It contains all kinds of gross pictures but it's well worth the read. I also fixed up my engrish a bit. :)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

...and of course, no Slav neighborhood is complete without a mountain of junk just stewing there on the street corner. :)

So many questions.

Does it ever go away? :ohdear:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

AlbieQuirky posted:

So many questions.

It's the trash equivalent of a perpetual stew.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AlbieQuirky posted:

So many questions.

It should eventually, but Zagreb's waste management and collection agency is incredibly underfunded and inefficient soooo...

It's a pretty recent phenomenon, until some time ago city was relatively clean but then funds got diverted from waste collection to building grandiose water fountains and monuments to war criminals.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

So many questions.

The city council collects all the physically large and unwieldy junk for free. The procedure is as following, you fill out a form on the city council's webpage, and a few weeks later they call you and say something like "our truck will be there on Thursday 8AM." Then you take all of your junk to the street corner the night before, and the following morning the truck will come and pick everything up. Well, that's how it goes in theory. The heap of junk in the picture started out as a few old kitchen cabinets which nobody came to pick up as something obviously went wrong and well, the cabinets stayed there to this day, though they've been stewing there for at least two weeks. To add an insult to an injury, now other tenants piled up their own junk onto the already sizable heap, seizing the opportunity to get themselves rid of the junk without the hassle of setting up an appointment with the city sanitation workers. :haw:

Somebody WILL eventually pick up all the junk, as well as a mountain of cinderblocks somebody tossed in the corner of one of my towers. Christ, the rednecks I'm living with. :ughh:

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

spankmeister posted:

Confirming we also got this in Finland.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Taking a sander to your toenails is definitely Pat & Mat energy

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

You can treat toenail fungus with hydrogen peroxide, white vinegar, and tea tree oil, but you have to be consistent. Like, "two or three months" consistent. But, considering some antibiotics have to be taken for up to twelve weeks, this is better.

Get a disposable nail file, and sand all that grossness off your toe nails, and toss that file out. Soak your feet for twenty minutes a day in a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water every other day. The days you don't use hydrogen peroxide, soak them in a mixture of vinegar and water for twenty minutes. Every day, after you dry your feet off (with a paper towel, so you can throw it out), rub a little tea tree oil into the nails and nail beds.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Bobbie Wickham posted:

You can treat toenail fungus with hydrogen peroxide, white vinegar, and tea tree oil, but you have to be consistent. Like, "two or three months" consistent. But, considering some antibiotics have to be taken for up to twelve weeks, this is better.

Get a disposable nail file, and sand all that grossness off your toe nails, and toss that file out. Soak your feet for twenty minutes a day in a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water every other day. The days you don't use hydrogen peroxide, soak them in a mixture of vinegar and water for twenty minutes. Every day, after you dry your feet off (with a paper towel, so you can throw it out), rub a little tea tree oil into the nails and nail beds.

You know, I actually did all of that, chlorine, hydrogen peroxide, tea tree oil (which smells nice but it useless as a remedy) and nothing helped. I've come to terms that I'll have old man toenails for the rest of my life. And when I need to clip my toenails, which I do once a year, I use a power drill with a sander - it's much faster than a file, which is also something I used in the past. :)

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

You know, I actually did all of that, chlorine, hydrogen peroxide, tea tree oil (which smells nice but it useless as a remedy) and nothing helped. I've come to terms that I'll have old man toenails for the rest of my life. And when I need to clip my toenails, which I do once a year, I use a power drill with a sander - it's much faster than a file, which is also something I used in the past. :)

See a doctor about it. I had a toenail fungus and tried to treat it myself with over-the-counter stuff and nothing worked. My doctor gave me one pill that stopped it cold.

Toenails grow slowly, though, and it's been taken several years for the toenail to return to something normal-looking.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

You know, I actually did all of that, chlorine, hydrogen peroxide, tea tree oil (which smells nice but it useless as a remedy) and nothing helped.

For how long, and how consistently? It literally requires several months to treat nail fungus, like three months for just antibiotics. Topical treatments can take twice as long, but they don't gently caress up your system the way three months of antibiotics do.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Deteriorata posted:

See a doctor about it. I had a toenail fungus and tried to treat it myself with over-the-counter stuff and nothing worked. My doctor gave me one pill that stopped it cold.

Toenails grow slowly, though, and it's been taken several years for the toenail to return to something normal-looking.

Tried Itraconazole, healthy nail started growing from it but the growth of the toenail was so stunted and slow that fungi spread to the healthy new portion of the nail. I called it quits then.

Bobbie Wickham posted:

For how long, and how consistently? It literally requires several months to treat nail fungus, like three months for just antibiotics. Topical treatments can take twice as long, but they don't gently caress up your system the way three months of antibiotics do.

I did the peroxide-tea tree oil thing for around a year, no improvement. Well, I guess I'll just have old man toenails for the rest of my life. :D

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

I'm sending a package to America, to my buddy Caleb in Indiana. I put lots of various balkan things inside, I wonder how the guy will react to cemetery vodka and Pelinkovac. :D

Also, it's been four months since my seizure on the street. As luck would have it, and I mean bad luck, it just had to happen on the stairs. My bud Igor who was with me, said that I kneeled on the stairs and started shaking like crazy while holding onto the railing. I can somehow predict when I'm about to have a seizure, a few seconds before the event I already know what's gonna happen - that's why I haven't collapsed, but instead kneeled and said "give me a minute".

This is the goddamn scar on my knee, it's probably going to stay there indefinitely, reminding me that too many funny pills can result in a biiiig crap.

I'm gonna be very active tommorrow, because I'll be romping around with the post office, and I'll take many pictures. C'mon, become my patron, your five poxy dollars can mean the world to me. :)

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

It's been so long that I've forgotten what your underlying diagnosis is for your seizures (if you've talked about it, don't mean to pry).

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I'm sending a package to America, to my buddy Caleb in Indiana. I put lots of various balkan things inside, I wonder how the guy will react to cemetery vodka and Pelinkovac. :D

I had a group of Australians swear that Pelinkovac Antique is the greatest thing they have ever tasted and even tried to import the thing.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Ah yes, the noted connoisseur culture of Australia

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if we're already drunk, everything is the best thing

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Gervasius posted:

I had a group of Australians swear that Pelinkovac Antique is the greatest thing they have ever tasted and even tried to import the thing.

You know what's actually the best thing about Pelinkovac? The name is derived from the croatian name for wormwood, which is "pelin". Russians have an oddly fitting name for wormwood, it's "Chernobyl". So this drink is in all reality a vodka distillate mixed with woodworm macerate and tons of sticky sugar, and when you realize what it is, you're also going to realize you're basically drinking "Chernobyl candy vodka". :haw:

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

I also need to add that Pelinkovac is also sold in large 1 Liter bottles but they're quite problematic in their essence and I never buy them anymore. Why? Since Pelinkovac is so sweet and smooth, you'll be downing shots like a hero and you won't have a problem chugging down a whole bottle in one sitting. Then you'd attempt to stand up and then you'd realize you've just downed a whole goddamn liter of vodka, have fun puking on the cat and passing out in the back yard :haw:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

that doesn't sound like fun at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

some questions.

1: do you have a social worker, case worker, or someone else to help you coordinate care and make sure you're getting the support you need
- if yes, do you tell them the truth about how your life is going?
- if yes, are they doing a lovely job because of the general state of health and social services in Croatia?
- if no, when will you get a new social worker/case worker?

2: how long has your most recent "I'm going to take my drugs AS PRESCRIBED and NOT ABUSE THEM" era lasted?
- how long have previous terms lasted?
- are the terms getting longer, shorter, or staying the same?

I've read this thread for a long time and in some aspects you're in a better place than you were, but still whenever the thread goes quiet for more than a couple of days I wonder if it's because you've OD'd or died. and that's not normal!!!