Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

What if I shave off my beard?

Do it! What's the worst that can happen, waiting a few months for it to grow back?

Personally I can't wait for the beard trend to go away. Why dudes wanna hide their handsomeness under a layer of hair, I don't get it. One of my coworkers had quite the beard going on, he trimmed it down super short and now he looks completely different, in a positive way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Okay! I shaved
Is this better or worse than before?

So that's what was hiding under there 🙂

This just my opinion, I think more conservative sideburns would be worth a try. But if they're your thing and you'd be more comfortable keeping them, maybe try a little shorter and closer trimmed. E: which you did. Looking good!

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Atlas Hugged posted:

I think Carrie Fisher used it indirectly to treat her drug problems and swore by it. She suffered from a host of mental issues (all probably stemming from or causing her drug addictions) and claimed it was the only thing keeping her stable. She also died of a drug overdose so your mileage may vary.

She was bipolar and it can be used to treat that. The drug problems were caused by self-medicating her illness - which unfortunately is not uncommon.

Recently I had a patient go through a course of ECT. They went from a person in the throes of a manic episode that lasted months (which included assaults on staff and other patients, literal dickwaving, and pooping on the floor) to someone you could have brief pleasant conversations with.

ASF I think you meant they had you in four point restraints. Hogtied is with your hands and feet behind your back. OTOH, it's probably not an unlikely scenario after some of the stuff you just mentioned.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Gassing this long running thread that gives a look into someone's life in a country most of us never will visit is an overreaction. Goldmine or leave it alone, please and thank you.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Goonspeed, ASF :hellyeah: