Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Yesterday I got the results from the latest MRI scan, and the news are really reassuring: No new mets, the highlited lymph node hasn't grown at all; it's either dormant or dead altogether. FFS I am cured. :toot:

Congratulations AWF! :toot:

Now please get your poo poo together. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Hang in there SFB.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I FOUND MY GODDAMN KEYS.
They were hidden in the washing machine, I noticed a weird clanking sound when the drum was spinning, I inspected the contents of the machine and yeah, there they were. I can freely toss them in the garbage now, since I already changed all the locks (which cost me $100).

God. drat. It. :ughh:

I think it's time to get a personal assistant.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

A regular MRI scan, and X-rays of my lungs for some reason. I'm seeing my onco in September. :)

For the first 8 years or so I also got an MRI and chest x-ray. The chest x-ray was to check for lung mets. Eventually they dropped the MRI and went with a chest x-ray and femur x-rays.

And yesterday at my annual checkup I got the all clear and the doc told me that after 13 years I can skip the next 1-2 annual checkups. :toot:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Nice to see the Dating Hostility Squad gnawing upon one another. :allears:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I hope you can get things sorted out for yourself.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I'm happy to hear about your cancer-freeness! :toot:

Also: Surprising how much your neighborhood looks like Winnipeg! :canada:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

"So that the enemy doesn't poop in our toilets" is going to be my standard explanation for all technical issues.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Looks like I got bloody TETANUS from the cat scratch. Yesterday I went to my GP since the wound on my index finger wasn't healing and then got an emergency tetanus shot and some heavy-duty antibiotics, let's just hope that the disease won't grab me by the balls - but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the disease develops fully... and if it does, I'm in for a helluva ride.

I just don't know how do I do it anymore. Everything that could possibly go wrong, in the end, really does end up going wrong. One goon correctly pointed out that I'm the luckiest, and at the same time, the most unlucky guy in Croatia. Well I could certainly live without all those sources of... excitement but I'm not really in a position to choose. :(

I just don't know how the hell do I do it, time and time again. :ughh:

When you recover from your latest brush with death please go out and take pictures of commie architecture. I enjoyed the photos you've posted in the past. All that was missing was Gordon Freeman in the background.

EDIT: I'd be surprised if you got tetanus from a cat scratch. I think it needs to be embedded deeply to get away from oxygen in order to thrive. There are probably many other bugs that would enjoy living in that scratch.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 5, 2017

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I think you're ready for your next career: Life Coach.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I think I've said it before but I have to laugh at how much your photos look like Winnipeg. Those white globe lamps from the 1970s are probably still all over the place.

If I eat at the sandwich bar will I die? :ohdear:

P.S. I don't have your mutant immune system

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I think it's time to take a collection to get you a head-mounted GoPro.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

ASF you are a character in a Neil Stephenson novel.

I'm going to skip to the ending and see if you save the day!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

This GTA DLC looks fantastic! :eyepop:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

By the way, tomorrow is the fourth anniversary of the surgery which saved my life, when they took out one of my balls because of cancer. Man, how time flies! And how well I recovered - racked up 57 kilometers on the bike today. :shobon:

:toot: Congratulations!

I also think you have cleaned up well. :wotwot:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

DO NOT SMOKE THE CHAIR.

OR THE HAMSTER.

:nono:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Smoke the batteries.

(P.S. Do not smoke the batteries!)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

We don't actually know that though. A Croatian D cell could be the size of a car battery, which then raises the question about the size of Croatian vibrators.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Well drat you know what GP docs tell you when they give you a Valium prescription, like, don't take more than three per day or you'll pass out. On the other hand, today I consumed no less than [b]120[b] Valiums and I feel... nothing. Bloody hell, I must be related to Ozzy Osbourne. :ughh:

This is a long shot, but does Croatia offer any sort of meaningful rehab. It would be nice if you didn't have to drink/drug yourself to death.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I really miss having a washer and dryer in my apartment. :(

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

420 SWAGLORD posted:

there is love at the bottom.

New thread title!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

How is their pizza?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

For the love of God get clean and stay that way. Your liver must look like Swiss cheese by now.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

It's not supposed to crunch when you press on it. :(

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Data Graham posted:

He carved CROATIAN into a tree before he went inside

Boo this person.

Booooo! :ghost:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Happy New Year and please don't dump massive quantities of drugs into yourself.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Please have Mr. Weed take a picture of you squatting on one of those toilets and waving at us. Please. Be sober when you do it, though.

You look like an American character actor. It’s driving me crazy that I can’t remember his name. He was always playing psychologists and learned men. He had a big beard, and a bit of a hooked nose. I think that beard looks good on you.

Happy New Year, Fatbeard.

Bob Balaban?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I'm old so I think of him as the guy from Taxi and not so beard-y...