Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Who named the cat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
I was going to say, if she's fat, demanding, and has gorgeous hair, then she's the perfect namesake.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Bobbie, sorry for the semi-spammy avalanche of posts, I'm high and I can only write when I'm high, so why not use an opportunity? :)

Hey, content is content, and you're incredibly coherent right now, so go for it.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
I rinse cans and bottles before putting them in the recycling, so that is actually the least weird thing you do.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Yes, after googling I see that it's a poang chair indeed! Last night I slept in it again. I put a fuzzy blanket over it, the whole thing is more comfortable than my lumpy bed!

I'm going over to Vesna's in the afternoon, once again to repair her computer which is totally hosed because of all the tobacco smoke soot inside, the machine can't breathe; I'll replace a few fans which are totally bunged up and don't spin at all.
Oh, and if Vesna tries to put the move onto me again, I'm seriously going to clock her in the face, y'know, in self defense.

Oh, don't punch her, just use your drug powers to puke on her or crap yourself. Or tickle her if she starts to get handsy, and run away while she's incapacitated. Surely they taught you that stuff in the military.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

I know, and I'm not exactly thrilled about it. Chalk this up for me being a regular on 4chan and encyclopedia dramatica which has become a racist hellhole. Thus my casual racism, even though I'm not hiding butthurt behind those words. But I agree that I really came off as an rear end in a top hat in that post.

Look, if you're tempted to use American slang, throw the word into Google and do a little research first. And if always, when in doubt, leave it out.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I like how A Sweaty Fatbeard's probation for casual racism includes casual racism.

He's Croatian and living in Croatia; the uses and histories of racist terms for African-Americans is unfamiliar to him. It's kinda like when I had to explain why blackface is offensive to my Irish ex-boyfriend and some Scandanavian classmates; if it's not a part of your culture, it's not going to be be to obvious.

Jesus, chill.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Doctor Malaver posted:

With the added bonus of misspelling the national group.

Lol, did I really?

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Doctor Malaver posted:

Yeah, it's Croatian, not Croation. I've seen that a few times online and it's puzzling since that's not a suffix for any nation (no Italions, Americons, Bosnions...).

Huh, I thought I did write Croatian. Welp, I'm a dope. :j:

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Okay, let's chill about that.

Edit: I really can't do anything about old user names, but maybe report them if you think it's problematic.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Aww, Drug Babba thinks of you as her Drug Grandson.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Mill Town posted:

Oh man you can get a sweet clean furnished sunny one-bedroom apartment in Zagreb for 300€ per month.

Even if I only had an $800€/month salary I would save so much per month on booze and drugs compared to Canada I'd come out ahead.

There is going to be there weirdest goddamn exodus from the West to all over the former USSR, like a reverse Cold War situation, only it'll be a bunch of drug addicts and thrill-seeking goons who appreciate the value of a dollar in Eastern Europe, and I, for one, cannot wait to bear witness.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Atlas Hugged posted:

It already happened in East and Southeast Asia when a bunch of people graduated from university between 2000-2010 with meaningless degrees and no desire to live in their parents' basements. And it's been a hell of a ride.

This will be far more weird.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
First of all, I love that Mr. Weed introduced himself as such. Also this video reminds me of learning how to roll spliffs from a European boyfriend, except we were using nail scissors to cut up hash.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Good luck, that poo poo is no joke. I think it may be worth it to check out the recovery thread in the drug subforum. It's good to have mutual support instead of just a bunch of chuckleheads kinda sorta asking-not-asking for crazy drug stories.

In that spirit, if you want to close this thread and/or start a new one, go for it.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
I'm not the sort of person who likes telling other people what to do [pause for laughter], but I don't think it would be terrible if this thread closed. It's been going for an impressive four years and some-odd months, for one thing, and nothing so wonderful can last forever. It also may be time for ASFB to symbolically cut the ties to his substance-abusing behavior, or I don't know, something something clean slate something new patterns, you get the idea.

If you want, ASFB, I'll be happy to gold mine this baby if/when you close it. I would say, let it go dormant and then reopen it as you see fit, but it could slip into the archives, where no one can retrieve it, and this thread is too precious to be lost like that. Besides, you can always start a new thread.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

TTerrible posted:

Protect Bobbie at all costs.

I was really confused by this for a second.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Doctor Malaver posted:

just don't spend it on drugs

lol

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
I love you guys, but I wish you'd read the rules sometimes, re: links to Patreon and the like. I'll let it stand, though.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Toenail fungus is a motherfucker to get rid of, I tried all kinds of medications but even the best of them only have a temporary effect.... while punching holes in my liver, so I basically quit trying to remedy the problem as it doesn't bug me much, actually (even though my toenails look deformed and gross.) :)

You can treat toenail fungus with hydrogen peroxide, white vinegar, and tea tree oil, but you have to be consistent. Like, "two or three months" consistent. But, considering some antibiotics have to be taken for up to twelve weeks, this is better.

Get a disposable nail file, and sand all that grossness off your toe nails, and toss that file out. Soak your feet for twenty minutes a day in a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water every other day. The days you don't use hydrogen peroxide, soak them in a mixture of vinegar and water for twenty minutes. Every day, after you dry your feet off (with a paper towel, so you can throw it out), rub a little tea tree oil into the nails and nail beds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

You know, I actually did all of that, chlorine, hydrogen peroxide, tea tree oil (which smells nice but it useless as a remedy) and nothing helped.

For how long, and how consistently? It literally requires several months to treat nail fungus, like three months for just antibiotics. Topical treatments can take twice as long, but they don't gently caress up your system the way three months of antibiotics do.