Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Can you move in with any of your former tenants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I love wandering around early in the mornings like that, it's relaxing. Cool buildings and stuff.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Twenty Four posted:

In a previous post it was mentioned 26 cans/bottles will trade/recycle for a beer. I saw this picture and was pretty sure how many would be there. I immagine untouched trash bins with more bottles being walked past and ignored because it only takes 26 for a beer, and beer time is now. I enjoy this thread.

I remember that in Israel specifically beer bottles have a huge deposit so it only takes a few to get a beer. Other bottles there have regular lovely deposits.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Yeah I feel the same. If some goon gets lost around Zagreb, they can feel free to come over and crash at my place (PROTIP: bribe me with a 2L bomb of beer and I'll show you lots of weird, non-touristy places in the town.) Renting a bicycle seems to be a pretty good way to see the town.

I have a few friends who have told me that Zagreb needs to be first on my list of places to visit in Europe, and they could never really articulate why really. Certain people just seem to fall in love with it.

Koreans go everywhere, I saw several buses of them in Ankara, where I did not see many other foreigners at all. Not much reason to go there unless you are a Turkish history buff, I don't think.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

To be fair, I think the part of the country's charm is that it's a very friendly place. If you're visiting Croatia, I'd say that you could get a kick out of mingling with the locals. Towards that end, the wrong way to experience Croatia is flying in by airplane, and then booking a room in an oversized, sterile hotel. What you should do instead, is to go around by bus and then rent out a room or an apartment from the locals - this way, you get to experience personal hospitality and what's even better, it's actually cheaper to rent a room from a local Croat than paying to stay at the hotel. Many people on the coast professionally rent out their houses to tourists.

Yeah, one guy I know who loves the place has distant relatives there I think who always greet him like a long lost brother or something. I hope to visit someday myself.