Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Here are some pics I snapped today. I went out to find me a ciggy and decided to bring my camera along because goons seem to have a boner for bomb shelters.

Yes, we need more pics to educate ignorant goons on the charms of Lijepa Nasa!

And don't tell me "ciggy" meant a discarded cigarette butt in this case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Last thread you were bragging how you sold the apartment and got 52000 euros for it and here, every time you post, you try to make it sound like you're the poorest fucker in Croatia and only your unrivaled resourcefulness keeps you alive.
What gives?

Disclaimer:

The above statement in no way implicates that you should stop posting about your adventures. Never thought such a soap opera could come out of Croatia . Makes me feel proud.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Shadow0 posted:

I missed a lot of these characters' introductions as well. Can we get like a recap episode or something? I'm especially confused about the dad.

Dad the dad was a tenant in one of his apartments. He was unemployed and thus struggling to come up with rent money since he had a family to feed. He eventually moved out but was owing ASF in unpaid rents. While living somewhere else, he divorced. Him and ASF met somewhere by chance and Dad decided to be a decent human being and pay off all the arrears on his (now defunct) rent. What a guy!

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Get Waldo on maprotiline so he can start looking for a job.That's where the money comes from. Also, your neighbours should feel better now they're not woken by flushing toilet at ungodly hours.
But seriously, I'm happy you found some good poo poo to handle your lovely problems. :lol:

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
While economically Croatia is in dumps, it has a relaxed, laid-back atmosphere. If nothing else, you could always go sight-seeing.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
ASF, how many spoiled western goons can you squeeze in 25 square metres? They need to learn how it feels to live in tight spaces.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Who would have thought Fatty's gloomy and depressive thread would turn into a tourist destination sales pitch? So proud Croatia can cater to all sorts. Fatty, you're doing God's work here, sonny.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

What's gonna happen if I brush my teeth with toothpaste from 1992? This toothpaste obviously came from Uncle Bruno's massive stash of stupid poo poo, but I think that this toothpaste may actually be okay. Any thoughts before I start using this stuff for real?

That toothpaste probably deteriorated back into components it was made of. Donate to some school's chemistry classes so they can study it.
(Use only if you are OK with the possibility of getting third-degree chemical burns in your mouth.)

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

C. Everett Koop posted:

It's like you want him to die in some kind of horrible accident or something.

Not sure if you noticed, but ASF is kinda hard to kill.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
I just had a sense of déjà vu. Is this Anne's first time as a shining beacon of righteousness smiting all the riff-raff in SA's GBS of all places?

ASF: Samo naprijed!

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Sonny, take care of yourself. Keep us posted with tales from this "looneybin" (but not at your expense).

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Doctor Malaver posted:

Did you sleep for three days straight or something? It takes time for beans to go from freshly made to spoiled.

"Sleep" is the word Beardo uses to describe "being knocked out unconscious while those sweet, sweet opioids course through my ravaged body".

Who's the doggo lady and why do you know she has a dildo?

steady fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Feb 3, 2018

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Here, I'm gonna share a Youtube ad for my Property C apartment (which went to the lady with the puppy.) There is no english translation so far, but apart from a few jokes ("upon catching my reflection in a mirror; I said woah look a me, I'm pretty like a painting, I should be hung on the wall") the monologue is rather dry and not really worth the translation effort. Just to let you know what you can get in Croatia for 240 euros (utilities not included.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjA7kNzVAAY

Why no rug?! It would really tie the room together. (On the other hand....dog would probably ruin it anyway).

Man, it tells you how tiny a place is when a single room contains a bed and the washing machine...

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Can your tenants pay rent in Pregabalin pills now and how many per month?

Also, more photos of old (ex-YU) junk if possible...

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Last Sunday Mr Weed and I went to the flea market and of course, paid a visit to the Drug Dealing Baba. We bought two packs of trams and a few packs of valiums - didn't want to overdo the drug thing because both he and I have cleaned up entirely.

Much to our surprise, both Mr Weed and I were totally sick in the aftermath of our drug binge.

I'll be going to the flea market again tomorrow. I will pay a visit to Drug Dealing Baba, but I'll only buy a few packs of valiums while leaving tramadol the hell alone - it just isn't a part of my world anymore.

So...Baba's drugs made you violently sick because who the gently caress knows what she sold you (my bet is on expired horse steroids) buuuuut... IT DOESN'T MATTER, MAN! Baba has more goodies waiting, gotta try them all!
Sense of self-preservation, where did it go?

On the other hand...YOLO, I guess.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Is... is this literal, or a euphemism for Mr Weed cheating on his bodybuilder wife?

And if it's literal, then what the actual gently caress?

I think we already established that ASF's friends are not exactly the type who conform to social norms. In good ol' U.S. of A. we'd classify them as typical trailer-park denizens.
But yeah...ASF, we'll need some clarification here. Where was the muscle lady at this particular point in time?

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

I bought a new radio last sunday, and by 'new' I mean it's from 1976 but it is in a surprisingly good shape and it works, too. I'll have to replace a few electrolytic capacitors that have dried up, causing a feeble bass response, but that's a quickie. Don't tell my doc that my weekend release was spent by getting high as poo poo on meds, and then on Sunday I got myself sorted out, went out late at night, took the bus to the neighboring town to pick up the drat radio. God bless the satellite navigation, the guy lives in a quiet back street and it was like 11pm when I got there. And the guy was fascinated when I managed to cram a wooden Iskra savica in my army duffel bag I stole back in '02, would have lost him a bet he said.

That's EI and Iskra so far. Now RIZ (or did you already get one?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

That Dang Lizard posted:

A friend of mine has just been to Croatia, the pictures from Krka national park look amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKfupO4ZzPs

Beardo will come back, don't you worry.