Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Hi everyone!

I have some thoughts and feelings about this thread, and I would like to give you all the opportunity to suggest New Rules for this thread that don't support someone's descent into madness and death via overdose.

You have 48 hours, after which I will implement the new rules (if they address the above issue) or I will lock and gas this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I can see some of the value in this thread and as such would like to see it survive without feeling like our forum is contributing to someone's inevitable demise. My default is to lock and gas, so I want to see if it's possible to crowdsource a way to save it!

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

WrenP-Complete posted:

I haven't checked with mods/admins about this idea but this thread could be moved to TCC/GWS (probably without the Patreon links), or the OP could start a new version of his thread there. I know I would be happy to have A SWEATY FATBEARD there. :)

Noted, I like this suggestion. I am still all ears for more thoughts on the subject.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Oh you guys :allears:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Thank you for the thoughtful post

The red text was a gift from a poster who apparently does not agree with my approach, and I'm going to enjoy the novelty while it lasts!

New E/N rules updates are in revisions with our new team and will be posted in a sticky soon. They are not a substantial change, but more to add transparency and clarity. This thread falls into the "above our pay grade" category - we are not a crisis clinic or therapy practice, and this OP is in need of real help.

The things you've said are good about the thread are absolutely true, which is why I am curious what we can do to support those elements of the thread without contributing to or enabling someone's decline. The consensus in the mod/admin forum was to gas immediately, but I thought there was something here worth opening the discussion.

I will add "goldmine and encourage OP to create a new thread in a different forum" to the list of suggestions to consider

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I am hoping to get ASF's thoughts for sure, and they are welcome to PM me or email me at MockingBirdMod@gmail.com if they miss this window :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I love this :3:

I will give some time for everyone to say their goodbyes, and then bon voyage to the goldmine