Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

CherryCola posted:

Holy gently caress dude, that sounds brutal. But so glad you're alive! Shock therapy sounds like...not a thing you're supposed to use for detox though!?!

I think ASF means "cold turkey" and is getting idioms confused or something, because yeah literal shock therapy as in when they stick electrodes to you and zap your brain sounds like some barbaric Victorian-era idea of how to detox somebody and I don't think Croatia is THAT bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

take the moon posted:

your country's mental health system sounds medieval

Croatia's mental health system sounds like it has sufficiently funded and comfortable hospitals that try and help people actually get better which might as well be Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism compared to the US lol

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Do not listen to anything Ceasar Milan says beyond maybe super basic things like "this is what a dog that is angry looks like" but even that's tainted by his other bullshit. For those who don't know, he has zero formal training or schooling in how dogs actually work and has just invented his own crazy fake dog psychology, and his "training" is literally just physically and emotionally abusing the dog until they're a broken mess that "defers" to him because it's scared shitless, not actually building a rapport with the dog.

Dogs really aren't that hard to figure out, bring them food until they trust you, and don't mess with them when they're angry or corner them if they're scared. If a dog is angry or scared it will let you know and you will pick up on it, they co-evolved with humans and know how to communicate with us.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

This video is extremely calming and also makes me want to smoke a bowl and get a cat

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lol $130 a year for top-tier insurance that just straight covers all the meds and hospitals and stuff, no copay :d2a:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

This is the only thread I actually follow in E/N so I'm not intimately familiar with the recent child abuser/demodding incident but my impression is definitely that this feels like an overreaction to it. There's not a lot that has to be done imo, I think regardless Fatbeard shouldn't get any more exceptions and catch the usual consequences of a probe or whatever if they do a racism or ask for money in a no-money-asking zone, but that's about it. Move it to TCC if you want, TCC's a cool place full of cool people and has done some growing up since 10 years ago (who hasn't).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

spankmeister posted:

Best of luck to you ASF! I enjoyed your stories a great deal.