Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I wouldn't mind a recap post on what ASFB is taking medically and what he wants to gobble down recreationally. All these various drugs are hard to keep track of!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I'm assuming MB's redtext is self-inflicted humor (since they're a mod) and not someone's serious opinion on modding a comedy forum, but it's still pretty off-putting to Kramer into the thread and give a deadline like they're some movie villian about to unleash the World Weather Destroyer.

Lock I could see if you don't like the topic, but why gas? There's a lot of interesting stuff in the thread.

And the "support someone's descent into madness and death via overdose" seems pretty hyperbolic, at least the past few pages have been very clear that we all encourage him to stay clean and continue to improve his mental and physical health, and also not just post about drugs. If someone before that said they want him to continue to abuse drugs or hurt himself, then probate or ban that poster. But why remove the entire thread because of those few posters?

If "support someone's descent into madness and death via overdose" is about him asking for money without mod permission, then edit the posts to remove the info and tell him not to do that anymore. Probate him for breaking the rules if you want. Locking and gassing the whole thread seems to me to be too much of a punishment for a single broken rule.

I really don't know what "rules" for the thread would satisfy you here. If you don't want the thread here, just say that. I personally think the thread should be locked, and maybe goldmined, and he can start another one here (or in TCC or TAT like suggested if you insist on removing SFB from E/N) - but that's just because I think long megathreads discourage new posters from joining in due to feeling like they need to read the whole thing first, not because the whole thread is somehow tainted.

I guess I'm asking what you want threads here in E/N to be? A thread about a goon's struggle with surviving cancer, addiction, poverty, family drama, interspersed with interesting photos, effort posts about a country and place most of us know little about, comedic idiocy, and all the while slowly starting to climb out of the well (we hope) - seems to me like that's a thread for E/N.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Thanks for everything ASF! If you need it there are support threads here and TCC and elsewhere, otherwise post as much or as little as you want!

Take care of yourself and pet a Weedcat for us! :cabot:

Neophyte fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 7, 2019