Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

:toxx: 7,500 words. It's just barely enough to qualify as a Novelette, and more than enough to make me uncomfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wait, you can do that? I wrote like a thousand words, then threw half of 'em away, rewrote five hundred more, and don't like reading them either.

Maybe I'll just stick to writing the interesting bits as they pop into my head then arrange them into some kind of vaguely-chronological order on the 30th. Semi-short stories don't need that frivolous stuff like context and logical progression, right?

On a related note, how kosher is it to hit the word count by the deadline but not have a complete story? Are we talking savory no-one-else-is-forced-to-read-it brisket, or overcooked and difficult-to-swallow pork chop?

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

2166 + 2080 + 3288 = 7,534, and that's good enough for me. Not that any of them went anywhere, but that wasn't the point. The point was to go on a journey of self discovery, and man did I learn.

Don't crit Wizard Week. Holy hell was that draining.

On the flip side, tonight's quiet, undirected 1K of words were strangely satisfying. I might do this writing thing again sometime.

• Locked thread