Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Silly, stupid question from a sillh, stupid man: Can entries written for the Thunderdome count? I'm thinking of entering, but I need to know so I can adjust my word pledge accordingly. If they do count, then I need to raise it significantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Not trying to lawyer up, I'm just trying to cut out the temptation to boost my wordcount by adding Thunderdome pieces.

Anyhow, IN LIKE FLYNN, MOTHERFUCKER. :toxx: ME FOR 5K+ BRAND SPANKIN' NEW WORDS. LET BLOOD INK PIXELS ON A SCREEN FLOW! :black101:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Some people need baby steps to write. A lot of wannabe authors freeze at the idea of actually writing their thoughts because of the potential of failure. 5k is a paltry sum, but it's significant enough to get newbies to give it a go.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I think a meetup would be a great idea, actually. I'll try to show up, but my IRC-fu is lacking and I may be working, but it'd be a great way to trade some ideas, jump-start inspiration, and give us a chance to compare dick sizes.

I swing from tree limbs with mine.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Please stop being overly aggressive and going for somebody's throat every time you feel like they need to be taken down a peg or two. It's really ugly and totally unnecessary, and it's not doing you any favors.

You know what else is ugly and unnecessary?

Racism. This world would be much better off without racists.

Also, my wordcount's barely at the 1k mark -- I keep wanting to fiddle with my old story. I was going to write some completely new things but I put away my "main" work at a pivotal moment and it keeps distracting me. :(

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I've got about 635k words written in my story series, so I'm gonna go ahead and make it an even 640 before the month's end. God have mercy on my soul.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I managed to hit my goal of 640k words for my story, and anyone who wants a copy just has to ask. I'm not super-comfortable with posting it publicly just yet -- it needs editing in the worst way -- but I don't mind showing it on a person-to-person basis.

I'd do more, but I'm going through a lot of crap right now -- I have a little under a week to find somewhere to live and it's not leaving me a lot of time or patience to write.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Might I suggest a new thread for editing? Sure, it's one thing to write 5k or 50k or 500k, but that's all just random hunks of marble waiting to be carved. We already have NaNoWriMo -- why not NaNoEdMo instead?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

sebmojo posted:

Do it if you want to, you don't need a permission slip.

I AM CONSTANTLY IN NEED OF VALIDATION OKAY

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I'm loving around with gdocs and it's giving me trouble accepting my upload, but I emailed a copy to RedTonic and anyone who asks for a copy of my manuscript will get one, as long as they don't mind a 5mb/7mb .rtf/.wps file full of the worst, most derivative crap written by man.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Write, you beautiful motherfuckers! Write! If we lose folks like Seb and Crabrock, the CC circlejerk crew will fall apart!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
the worstest story ever told

• Locked thread