Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

sebmojo posted:

OTOH if you want to expand a 1k dome story into 5k that's fine.

I was actually going to ask about this too, since that's kind of the writing project that's been itching at the back of my head. (Well, that and another one that I think would make a decent seed for a novel.) And I'm not too proud to admit I need a little leg up from time to time nudging me from "you know, I should really write a thing" to actually writing a thing.

So hell yeah, I'm in. :toxx: minimum 5,000 words of something mostly new and reasonably shiny by April's end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I can probably hang out in the channel during the 10 PM EST time for a bit, and treat you all to the rousing tale of how I wrote 30 words and then erased them.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm about 1,400 words into a current long-term project that I will stick with til I get distracted by something shiny, and got about 1,600 words combined on stuff I stalled out on but which still totally counts because I wrote it this month so there. So still very much in the running, with two days left. Attainable, I say.

(Not even counting the Thunderdome story I did.)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

There's a ripe opportunity for a cheap shot at the expense of Zack Snyder but I actually liked that movie, so.

Anyway, less slap fighting, more slap writing, sez I.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Project #1 - 4,577 words

Project #2 - 1,001 words

Both very rough, not yet looking for critique on either one, though I suppose I wouldn't freak out if comments happened anyway.

The first thing is completely new. The second thing is based off an old Thunderdome story of mine (or, more specifically, off the very beginning of that story), but it's a substantial expansion.

• Locked thread