Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
:toxx: gonna bring my novel from 40k to 45k, seb and sitting here can confirm cos I shared the doc with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
at about 1200 words in approx an hour or two of combined writing time

big loads of word-spunk being shot irl

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
can't do friday but you all have fun

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Sitting Here posted:

That was like a "what if" scenario, it won't be Friday unless a bunch of people are like "Friday would be best"

which is why I need to know what would be ideal for everyone

here's a what if scenario for you

what if

you didn't suck so bad

makes you think

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
42900 words atm

that's 2900 of the 5000

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

crabrock posted:

i'm at 300 words because of life, but i can also write 10k in a day so I'm not worried about hitting that mark.

I got a new mechanical keyboard and it is so fun to type on. now i just need dat time.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/code-keyboard/code-104-key-mechanical-keyboard-519.html

grats on your leet new keyboard

nice letters on the keys lol

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

crabrock posted:

also lol at martello trying to shame me about having letters on my keyboard, which i assume matters to some people somewhere, but i'd never associate with those people cause they dumb as fuuuuuuuck

worst part is that i never memorized the f keys or those six stupid keys so sometimes i jab blindly at them hoping it's the right one

i mean obviously i know delete but sometimes the other ones gently caress my brain

however, you overpaid because Das makes awesome mechanical keyboards with or without letters and other cool poo poo and they are only 139

namaste

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

sebmojo posted:

I've read my 15k of antipodean cyber punk noir and decided it's basically OK so now I'm all good to start writing tomorrow so that's p good imo

holy gently caress is this bucket list

because if so

holy poo poo :fap:

Sitting Here posted:

But I have to assume the rest of you lot are uselessly chewing cud with a disturbingly vacant look in your eyes.

Prove me wrong :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

sorry some of us have awesome wives who throw surprise 30th birthday parties

but i still wrote like 100 words

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
:swoon:

realtalk pls share the doc with me thanks

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

chthonic bell posted:

Does anyone wanna swap crits? I can't promise anything very in-depth, but I can read your stuff and point out what I like and dislike and what I think works and what I think doesn't.

I'm down but the only problem is I've written 45k words total and it might be kind of tough for you to crit just the last 5000 this month without reading the stuff that comes before. Some of the chapters I've written in the past are after my current efforts but you have to read about 40k to get to the end of my newest stuff. If you're still interested, let me know and I'll PM you a docs link.

So yeah, did my 5000 words for the month. Definitely keeping this up next month.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
53k total by the end of May :toxx:

That's 8000 on top of what I wrote for April.

My ultimate :toxx: is that this novel will be finished, in first draft form, by the birth of my child in the beginning of October.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
i need to change my May toxx

now it's 5000 words again AND i have to finish all the crits for spaceship week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
all of you better be pronouncing that as loo-CHAHN-oh in your heads, cos if not, :italy:

• Locked thread