Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah all right. Need some practice writing longer stuff.

:toxx: for 4k by midnight EST, April 30th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Lets make it a cool 5k then you bastards.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

sebmojo posted:

He's very old don't taunt the aged :coolfish:

Says the fogey that forgot to add me to the signup list.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

sebmojo posted:

your mum is a signup list

Make sure you ask one of the nursing home attendants to set an alarm clock so you can wake up on April 29th and write five thousand words.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I think that's a great idea. Juggling all the time zones might be a hassle, so there might have to be two "sessions" or something, but it'd be nice to give everyone that needs it a little kick in the rear end.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Yo, serious question: anybody know any good mags currently taking open submissions? Looking for 3-4K, paid obviously much better than unpaid. I'm tossing up Clarkesworld or Terraform for this month but I'll take other suggestions.

http://thegrinder.diabolicalplots.com/

You can sort by wordcount, paying or non-paying (also pro, semi-pro, and token payment levels), genre, etc. I don't think it tells you which markets are actively open for subs, but you can whittle down a list of prospects and then just go to their website and check.

edit: Also, I'm an east coaster, but I can pretty much make any time in the afternoon / night work.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Lemme post this now, before I forget:

• Locked thread