Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

:toxx: for 10k words this month.

I'm writing a self-help book for people with splinters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

So have you actually managed to finish anything yet or are you still getting sad halfway through, trashing the whole thing and sulkily starting an entirely new project or what

Please stop being overly aggressive and going for somebody's throat every time you feel like they need to be taken down a peg or two. It's really ugly and totally unnecessary, and it's not doing you any favors.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

is that.... a child drinking beer? :O

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

angel opportunity posted:

good job everyone, take 100 steps today and also maybe tomorrow and soon enough you have walked one li

you are literally a dog's butthole. i bet your cute dog just sniffs you all day long being like "who is that." when you write a story it looks like poop. everytime u try to hold a pen it just goes up into you, because you are a butthole.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

I'll come if systran isn't

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

how's your loving space simulator browser-based game that doesn't even have Newtonian physics going? you piece of poo poo? i bet you gave up on it

:cry:

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

#thunderdome on synirc is where most people actually hang out and talk

#longwalk exists but is so far rarely used...mostly just people who are already in #thunderdome idling and never talking

So have you actually managed to grow any hair yet or are you still getting sad about being bald, shaving the whole thing and sulkily looking into the mirror or what

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

actually, all the hair on my dick is gone, which rules because it makes my small dick look larger without razor bumps

what about you fatass? you lose any dick fat to make your micropenis visible?

5,411 words right now, what about you? how is twiceFAIL going? was the character 'scabs' based on your mom? was the loving tree bitch your sexual fantasy because you could pollinate it or whatever the gently caress trees do instead of using your useless loving dick on it?

oh sorry i don't have all day to write since my job actually matters and I'm not just sitting around all day waiting for my life to end.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

i'm at 300 words because of life, but i can also write 10k in a day so I'm not worried about hitting that mark.

I got a new mechanical keyboard and it is so fun to type on. now i just need dat time.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/code-keyboard/code-104-key-mechanical-keyboard-519.html

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

HELLO I WROTE 2K WORDS TODAY JUST SO YOU KNOW

also lol at martello trying to shame me about having letters on my keyboard, which i assume matters to some people somewhere, but i'd never associate with those people cause they dumb as fuuuuuuuck

edit: I hate everything i've written today.

edit2: 3,000 words today for a total of 3.4k

crabrock fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 12, 2015

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

man, writing a little bit, even if it's only once every few weeks, really adds up after a while.

I am definitely looking to increase my productivity though. I started a new schedule today that I'm hoping works out: get up at 7am, go running, think about what i'm going to write while I run, come back and write until 9, then go to work.

Day 1, check.

that huge climb in the beginning is the summer before Ph.D. :(

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

No, just my Google spreadsheet where i keep track of my writing. I don't use any fancy writing programs.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Martello posted:

however, you overpaid because Das makes awesome mechanical keyboards with or without letters and other cool poo poo and they are only 139

oh no, $11 for the keyboard I wanted.

All those keyboards looked like loving 2 fast 2 furious up in that poo poo and i was like not on paul walker's grave will i buy one of those

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

here, just save as a copy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18o4RHuR2GPr2s_q2C3yFa9c_5N1tsYS14Ap8VHlP72w/edit?usp=sharing

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

sebmojo posted:

i am at 532/5000 and going strong

i'm at 4.5/10k lol

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Okay how am I supposed to check everyone's word count? Post Google docs here if you've got them. Admit if you've failed or plan to fail.

gently caress you i got 3 days

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

yeah, or i could just tell you i failed/succeeded and you could trust me because I'm an adult and I don't lie about stupid poo poo.

god i hope i can find time to write.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Everyone in Write About Dragons was an "adult" that regularly failed to meet deadlines and goals!!!

yeah, but they didn't lie about it and try to say they met the goal.

If i fail the goal, which is entirely likely, I will tell you failed it. If not I will take a screenshot of my wordcounts/document titles spread over several documents, but I don't feel like sending out a bunch of unpolished chapters from my unfinished novel, and other people are in the same boat. The thread says how we show we completed it is up to us.

I get you wanna go to ban town on people who didn't do their goal, but saying they have to adhere to your strict rule and show you all their work is overboard, especially when the OP stated we could show we got our wordcount however we wanted. I toxxed to write a certain amount, not to send somebody my document.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

omg you're still gonna get to get hella people banned

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

i will "prove" it by showing you my wordcounts. showing you the actual words proves nothing, as you said before somebody could just cheat it.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Started a new novel project:

chapter1:

chapter2:

chapter3:

chapter4 (incomplete):

2817+2542+3042+1686=10,087

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Sitting Here posted:

establish better writing habits by getting up earlier and writing at least an hour before noon every day.

I did this for several days, and they were my best writing days. I'll see how i can do in may. I have a really really really busy schedule, so i'll probably toxx for the min and hope to overachieve.

• Locked thread