Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
5k Angel Romance or die :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
Carrot: Custom Avatar gift certificate for anyone registered in this thread by April 15 who finishes their novel (draft ok) or submits a short. Must also make your :toxx: obviously.

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
Starting count for me was 17,488. I wrote 29 words today :lol:... but I wasn't trying to write any, just reading back through my rough draft and made a few changes.

I still like my rough draft, at least.... I nearly cried with relief.

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"

angel opportunity posted:

good job everyone, take 100 steps today and also maybe tomorrow and soon enough you have walked one li

the longest journey starts with 100 words of angels doing it

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
I told my parents I would write 10k words this week lol

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"

Sitting Here posted:

We've officially checked in with Capntastic, Dr. K, Entenzahn, Chthonic Bell, killfast37, twist, red tonic, morning bell, crabrock and of course me. What's everyone else doing? Well I know Systran is writing MLP fanfic, and Muffin has put words toward his short story for Beneath Ceaseless skies. But I have to assume the rest of you lot are uselessly chewing cud with a disturbingly vacant look in your eyes.

Prove me wrong :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

~4k in the past two weeks, for a total of 21.5k (over 1/3 complete 1st draft, in theory!)

Worked out a few of the problems we discussed in the chat, too. Most importantly "why doesn't she just go to one of the 50+ small presses in NYC"

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
I finished my 5k words, woo!

So few words :(

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
Are we going to have a new thread for May?

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"

angel opportunity posted:

Okay I can't believe I'm doing this effort poo poo, but I'm posting the signup list and I will be updating this post with people who have proven their wordcounts. You can PM me or post your google doc link into the thread. I don't want to post my email address here though. If you don't prove you did what you toxxed for by Hawaii time or whatever the latest time zone is, I will report to the mods that you failed and you will get banned.

It's your responsibility to prove you didn't gently caress up, not mine to hunt you down. Don't be late.

You can also just join IRC in #longwalk and show me there

How would you even know if we wrote the words this month anyway? It's honor system already.

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"

crabrock posted:

yeah, or i could just tell you i failed/succeeded and you could trust me because I'm an adult and I don't lie about stupid poo poo.

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
Also, angel opportunity, you pubbed a thing, so let me know if you want a gift certificate for a new avatar.

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
5k angel romance, so no dying

Dr. Kloctopussy posted:

Starting count for me was 17,488.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"

ravenkult posted:

I wrote a short called ''A Devil Lay Here'' which I just sent to Fantasy & Science Fiction, 2300 words.
My TD entry for Wizard week was 1200 or so.
My TD entry for this week came out to 1500 words.

Link available to anyone who wants it, catch me on IRC.

Anyone who submits a story has the option of claiming a gift cert. for a new custom title. PM me if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"

Sitting Here posted:

I just copied my work into its own doc for accuracy's sake.

I got thrown off by judging Thunderdome's wizard apocalypse. For May, I'm trying to write 9K (7K of short story, 2K minimum novel words), and my goal is to establish better writing habits by getting up earlier and writing at least an hour before noon every day.

I've been dawdling on this so long, I'm learning the value of just writing past scenes that don't feel quite right. So far, leaving myself comments in google docs where I want to change things is working out okay. At least I'm moving forward instead of tinkering.

Excited for next month :twisted:

I don't know how you people live without writing scenes like

quote:

Michael had to admit to himself that he wasn’t sure. Romantic love was, generally speaking, strictly outside the purview of Heaven and the attendant angels. Love prayers fell on deaf ears. But the way people talked about it certainly made it seem good.
“What about —QUOTE SOME SHAKESPEARE”
“Oh please, what about —QUOTE SOME CONTRADICTORY SHAKESPEARE”
“Okay, what about — QUOTE SOME BYRON. (A “draft” version of a Byron poem that was changed later<—god I hope this exists)
The girl raised an eyebrow. “You prefer the draft version?”
“What?”
“The final lines are XXYYXXYY. You quoted his draft. He changed it.”

• Locked thread