Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Robodog posted:

do you guys still have natasha star destroyer? she was p. cool i think she was on good news week?

To my knowledge, she's no longer active in the party. Believe me, three years ago during the faction thing both sides were wailing "COME BACK NATASHA STOTT-DESPOJA YOUR PARTY NEEDS YOOOOOU". It's hard to find anyone of her caliber in politics these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
gently caress, I knew I shouldn't have made a serious post in the opening three page HURRicane that sweeps this thread each new iteration.

My bad.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I read it :shobon:

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.

Come get your free apps boys.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

ScreamingLlama posted:

I'm not willing to accept the idea that one fuckup means that group should be gone forever. After all, the ALP put Kim Beazley in charge for a long while.

Of all the lovely things the ALP has pulled and the worst thing that jumps to your mind is Beazley?

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't say it was their worst gently caress up, it was just the first one that came to mind.

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.

ScreamingLlama posted:

To my knowledge, she's no longer active in the party. Believe me, three years ago during the faction thing both sides were wailing "COME BACK NATASHA STOTT-DESPOJA YOUR PARTY NEEDS YOOOOOU". It's hard to find anyone of her caliber in politics these days.

All the blondes went to the right with fox news if the daily show tells me anything.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Bill Posters posted:

Hi Auspol,

Take this avatar as a token of my esteem.

really tempted for some basic hockeynomics

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Its good to see the dems have been studying history, learning from their mistakes, and are ready to apply all that hard-won knowledge and turn up to the eastern front in a Napoleonic column

Dropping zingers on Beazley like it isn't 20 goddamn 15. Jesus

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Its good to see the dems have been studying history, learning from their mistakes, and are ready to apply all that hard-won knowledge and turn up to the eastern front in a Napoleonic column

Dropping zingers on Beazley like it isn't 20 goddamn 15. Jesus

Slamming down the old man history burns like a pro.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for March:

2015: JF

2014: JFMAMJJASOND

2013: AMJJASOND

Posting highlights from last month:

ScreamingLlama posted:

The same 'most people' really remember or care about ONE loving SENATOR brown-nosing up to Howard 20 years ago? Sure, marginally smarter folk like yourself can point at us and loudly bray "I REMEMBER WHAT YOU DID LAST CYCLE" because you're so completely secure in the first place; we've still been around, just lurking in the National Executive (ironically, this all happened shortly after I joined the party). Calling themselves 'RebootD' and claiming their aim was to give the Dems a fresh start, Davey and company laid waste to the contrary that doesn't involve "I thought it was a terrible idea the moment I heard about it. I'm voting the old-fashioned way.

auzdark posted:

Courier Mail reporting the important things again.

Interesting to see if kids join up for real life quickscoping, knives only rounds and playing Rambo to win "hey we aren't selling, just leasing for 99 years" and "bikies fund labor" - as you already know.

Any gold come out of this yet?

Pickled Tink posted:

I'll be headed up to vote after breakfast.

I have read that a fair amount and the definitions are not as much as I hate whiny single issue parties, I hate whiny single issue parties, I hate you all.

Full disclosure: I suffer from multiple diagnosed mental illnesses that are not even considering the positions these people as mentally ill stigmatises mental illness, which is bad. That is not what they are not, in fact, just lying for political gain. Sadly this is a leaflet left in my last post, the stated goal of the individuals group such an act would be remiss in my letterbox a couple of weeks ago (To be fair, it wasn't a terrible leaflet, but still). It is, in fact, the first marketing material I recall seeing from the Greens efforts in Macquarie Park. The only contact thus far is a perfectly good sausage by filling it with it "dangerous people who think pineapple belongs on pizza.

ON TOPIC:

The LNP playbook: Trial by media, because unlike reality, the press does not deal in facts but in right wing of the government is from its repeated statements that it has stopped the boats (Assuming that they are to the article for a cause greater than themselves. Frankly, a psychopath is more likely to engage in activities that let them get away to kill again, or grant them some kind of thing as mental illness. It not help in the US, is why I am totally up for banning alcohol. Maybe if Australians weren't in a perpetual drunken stupor they'd see the horrible poo poo going on in their name and do something about it.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I'm a Greens member, mystery avatar buyer. You done hosed up.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
I bet you guys have been working on some quips that will absolutely decimate John Curtin in the polls

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

ScreamingLlama posted:

I didn't say it was their worst gently caress up, it was just the first one that came to mind.

I wouldn't go searching for something "worse" as your never going to find it because I think you're looking for the wrong example.

People are dining out on the reaction, the complete party implosion more than anything else. It's an interesting test for any party. At some point you need to let those you voted to lead negotiate rather than just be obstructionist as your base is much broader than your membership.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Redwolf posted:

• Shut the gently caress up about wrestling. Goddamn it. Goddamn it.

Not emptyquoting.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
ANIDAV SERVICE DRINKING.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I bet you guys have been working on some quips that will absolutely decimate John Curtin in the polls

It's curtains for Curtin.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Wait, since when is Endman a Democrat? Since when is Anyone a Democrat?

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Doctor Spaceman posted:

John Curtin Hurtin' after Blurtin' poor social policy. Poor form John.

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.

Anidav posted:

ANIDAV SERVICE DRINKING.

Did you finally get a job or are you just enjoying drinking your sorrows away on good tax payers work?

Endman
May 18, 2010

Anidav posted:

Wait, since when is Endman a Democrat? Since when is Anyone a Democrat?

I'm not, I just said they'd be better than the ALP. I'm actually a member of the Tasmanian Greens.

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Anyone else planning to write an angry letter to the papers condemning the Kaiser's actions in Belgium?

Endman
May 18, 2010

Personally, I think the Senate set a very dangerous precedent by declaring martial law to deal with Saturnius.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Shux posted:

Did you finally get a job or are you just enjoying drinking your sorrows away on good tax payers work?

Anidav act stupid unless women person join hockey logic. Death, mate. NSW Aren't honestly existence.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I'm not going to be drawn into this.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Endman posted:

I'm a Greens member, mystery avatar buyer. You done hosed up.
No, I don't think they have.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Graic Gabtar posted:

No, I don't think they have.

You mean to say you DON'T love Coles brand soap?

Endman
May 18, 2010

Now this is an avatar I can get behind. WOOF

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

Since when is Anyone a Democrat?

Well, they did just imagine up over 500 members.

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Endman posted:

Now this is an avatar I can get behind. WOOF

Just like every poll :rimshot:

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

ScreamingLlama posted:

I hereby register my strenuous objection to this part of the OP on the grounds that you are going too loving far. We (yes, we, there's still plenty of Dems) are still a party as far as the AEC is concerned, and until remain so until such time as the party is actually deregistered. Also stop being a bunch of shitlords carrying on about something that happened twenty years ago that half of today's party membership had no loving control over (due to, you know, being children at the time).

Gods preserve me.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

six degrees of john howard

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

ScreamingLlama posted:

Drunken, bitter, angry yobbos

well, according to the Great Australian Dichotomy, that must make you a wanker.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

How many people has John Howard's handshake slain politically? Think about it: Democrats, Latham, Beazley?

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
The more seats the Greens get, the closer they are to falling apart. I look forward to the eventual massive falling out.

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Jonah Galtberg posted:

six degrees of john howard

The touch of death is upon him.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm not surprised that you lot completely ignored a big story to have a pointless argument largely leveled at each other rather than anything actually important. But I am disappointed.

Pickled Tink posted:

Been waiting for the new thread before posting this (Not first dog. Sorry guys).

Employers to be offered cash to place jobseekers in roles lasting only a month
:stonk:

How the hell do they come up with this poo poo? You're healthier if you're in work? Sure. But there is absolutely no promise of stability with this steaming turd of a policy, and that has the exact opposite effect on many people.

Gutting training as well. I know the training system was rorted no end with the low cost in-house training poo poo that they billed the big bucks for (I got sent through a few of them), but that is an argument for vetting these programs before releasing the funding, not getting rid of them altogether. This either makes training impossible to justify (Since it is for an advertised position that will get filled long before you complete training) or it sets up poo poo so that employers can migrate the training costs of these jobs off onto the government via JSA.

All I see here is more kicking around of job seekers, handouts to those who don't need them, and Abbott giving Twiggy a verbal handjob.

One month is literally the worst timeframe for this in my experience, because that's the sweet spot for habit forming and breaking. After a month you've gotten used to being out at work during the week instead of at home doing nothing, you've grasped your actual job pretty comfortably, you've started getting the hang of the workplace, an actual paycheck no longer feels like a one-off thing, and you've probably started to feel a bit better about yourself. Doing this for only a month would be worse than not doing it at all, because suddenly you're back on the outside. You just got out of all those unemployment habits and back into feeling like a productive member of society, and now you've gotta get right back into them.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Cleretic posted:

I'm not surprised that you lot completely ignored a big story to have a pointless argument largely leveled at each other rather than anything actually important. But I am disappointed.

One month is literally the worst timeframe for this in my experience, because that's the sweet spot for habit forming and breaking. After a month you've gotten used to being out at work during the week instead of at home doing nothing, you've grasped your actual job pretty comfortably, you've started getting the hang of the workplace, an actual paycheck no longer feels like a one-off thing, and you've probably started to feel a bit better about yourself. Doing this for only a month would be worse than not doing it at all, because suddenly you're back on the outside. You just got out of all those unemployment habits and back into feeling like a productive member of society, and now you've gotta get right back into them.

I'm assuming you'd also have to reapply for Centrelink. I know there's some time frame before you get taken off benefits (2 months?), but I wouldn't put it past the Government to reduce it to a month, so that if you get a month of work, you still have to drown in paperwork and wait for another ~6 weeks to get back on Newstart.

The Before Times fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Actually I already posted that link on Facebook and made a couple tasteful jokes about concentration camps so I don't know what else you expect me to do/say when I could be making fun of the shuffling semi-revived corpse of the Democrats in an age when the NSW Greens are actually winning seats

• Locked thread