Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

See, that's how you do a thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Is Prosh usually poo poo?

Oh so very very poo poo.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Murodese posted:

MUYB I feel your posts have taken a turn for the excellent lately

I believe that the post you enjoyed is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Effort posts on why welfare spending is a good thing should not be belittled, even if they do contain an in joke that you are part of.

If you want to increase the calibre of posting in this thread beyond the current status quo, try not to poo poo on people who make good effort posts.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Krazyface posted:

IMO the government should make an asylum-themed buzzfeed ripoff. And an asylum-themed MMO. Maybe an idle-game about how fruitless fleeing your country is.

Would be interesting if someone had a list of programs the government has cut that could be funded by this travesty.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Pudding Space posted:

This is the core failing of the Australian political system on both sides.

*assumes the voice of Jamie from myth busters*

Well there's your problem.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

hi guys hey, hi, hello there, its me, sulla. stop replying to graic. okay thats all, thanks guys, ta, cheers. bye

I'm perfectly OK with the only response telling him to drink his piss.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

You Am I posted:

While not running concentration camps, this Secretary General had a sordid past: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Waldheim

Ftfy

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I will bet real money that when the GST gets raised it will be accompanied by cutting stamp duty.

Which will be fun for the real estate bubble, of course.

You do realise that stamp duty was supposed to be abolished when they brought in the gst, yeah?

Believing that is like believing the lnp will build rail in wa.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

This becomes especially true when it comes to more direct financial things like loans.

What's that? You can afford a 20% deposit? Oh, well, let me wave that mortgage insurance for you, saving you tens of thousands of dollars a year.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Pickled Tink posted:

Why would anyone care what happens to animals when they don't even care about other people? (Poors, mentally ill, refugees, unemployed, etc)

Because, as depressing and incorrect as it is, people believe that cute puppy dogs don't deserve to be beaten and killed, because they did nothing wrong, as opposed to those evil asylum seekers how asked for it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Endman posted:

If WA seceded, they'd be so totally hosed.

I hope they do it.

There is exactly zero chance of succession. Its a desperate gambit by a poo poo government that squandered a once in a life time mining boom and now wants help because, surprisingly, the boom ended.

At best, all WA can hope for is slight changes to how the gst is distributed, like working it out every year, not every three years.

Having said that, its easy to see why Barnett is all aflutter over it, when the lowest an eastern state has been paid is 80ish cents per dollar and WA is looking at less than 30.

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 17, 2015

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

freebooter posted:

Barnett's not an idiot.

You wouldn't believe how much I wished this wasn't true.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

GoldStandardConure posted:

Also landmines and other unexploded ordnance.

And two out of three women *won't* get raped.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

You could say he is being ...... Negligent ... about his posting consistency.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jumpingmanjim posted:

The DLP was deregistered

Hahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahhahahhahahahhahwhhahqhhahhahqjhwjwjhwjwjhahhahahhahhahahhahajhqqhhqhahhahhahahqhqhwhhwhqhhahahahahhahahhahahajahhahahahhahahhahahajahsjajhahahahah

Wait, the dlp or the Democrats?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I miss playing TF2.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Why are you using gender based slurs, given that you must know the threads general opposition to them?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

open24hours posted:

Because we have a complete and utter lack of imagination in our political class.

It would be nice if they were even pretending to plan for the future, I'd love to see something on this scale for an Australian city. http://www.thetransportpolitic.com/2011/05/27/paris-region-moves-ahead-with-125-miles-of-new-metro-lines/

You should look up the WA2.0 plan that Ludlam did. It's quite good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Birb Katter posted:

lol, $20 a week on petrol and $6k for a bike. $0 on petrol and $1k for a bike, you get exercise and burn fat. Oh, you're way less likely to die or end up with a broken spine too. Careful about getting smug because you're not at the top of the smug chain by any means.

I dare you to ride to and from work for all of a Perth summer.

• Locked thread