Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Les Affaires posted:

The vast majority of that 30% is the pension though isn't it?

Pension and "families"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

quote:

Of the 196 victims killed in 2010-12 by an offender with whom they shared a domestic relationship, 38 per cent were male according to the Australian Institute of Criminology.

Leaving out the fact that most of those were victims killing their abusers.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Big Willy Style posted:

They can do it. Casual work sucks like that and it is bullshit but they can do it. However as a casual employee you can say you are available to work and turn them down when it comes to it. You can even just not show up to your shift without even letting them know you arent and they can't dock your pay or anything. Its a two way street that way but but the power balance is totally out of wack. Don't expect to get shifts from them if you do. I work full time hours in a casual job and my work tries to tell me I need to bring in sick notes if I have a day off (I dont get sick pay) and that I have to give a months notice and get management approval to take 'holidays'(which I dont get because I am casual). I just tell them I am unavailable to work in both scenarios and dont jump through their hoops for them because I have money saved and have been doing it for nearly 2 years now and they havent done anything about it.

FWIW you can take action in these sorts of situations. If they employ in a full-time situation but call it casual you can take action to have yourself employed in a full-time position and be backpayed for anything you may have been entitled too.

Whether it's worth it to you or not is another question.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Breetai posted:

On that note, what has been the major delay in getting content distribution services to Australia, and why is it that we seem to pay an Australia Tax on digital items that are far cheaper everywhere else?

They need content to stream first, which was locked down by other entities, and our infrastructure isn't great. Netflix has put a visible strain on things in the days after launch.

We pay more because we're willing to pay more. Australia has always had higher pricing across the board and it's simply seen as a case that the market will bare it.

Of course there's been notable efforts to prevent us from obtaining from cheaper sources. Remember the Libs NBN gutting policy is likely down to Murdock influence.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

open24hours posted:

I think a foreign effort to 'educate' the Indonesians would backfire. Changes like this have to come from within to be credible.

The Four Corners story on them suggested there wasn't a lot of support for the death penalty for foreigners amongst the public for fear of a backlash in tourism.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Might not mean much these days with other communication, but an ambassador is a countries representative, it severs high level communications between the countries.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Anyone with ties to print media fellates real estate as it's pretty much the only ad revenue they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Les Affaires posted:

The Barnaby Joyce quote strikes me as odd. On the one hand it points to his being against the death penalty, but on the other he's asking for a debate about it.

Is he faking his opposition to the death penalty because of his position? Or does he want to use debate to convince those who are for the death penalty of the reasons why it's a bad thing?

Or is his opposition flexible and prone to being convinced otherwise?

He's hedging his bets so he can have a foot in both camps. Just like how most politicians are of course in favour of marriage equality and would love to do something about it but we have to respect the bigots.

• Locked thread