Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Anidav posted:

News Ltd is blaming The Greens NSW victories in weed :drugnerd:

420 vote Greens every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

MiniSune posted:

The treasurers have also agreed to push ahead with plans to apply the GST to goods purchased online from overseas which are valued at less than $1000. 

I thought that the small amount of revenue collected from these purchases would not be enough to cover the cost of administering the tax.

If that's the case, how can they stand behind this and say it's to help improve the budget? The only person it will help is Gerry Harvey and his prehistoric business model.

These will all have to pass the senate, right?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

This was an awesome and informative post, thanks!

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

willus posted:

bird's trike

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Anidav posted:

Watching on the more cost-effective Foxtel Play knocks the quality down to "SD" (it's unclear what the resolution of Foxtel Play's stream actually is, but SD generally refers to less than 720p).

"We have plans to bring HD to [Foxtel Play], but don't have an ETA at the moment", said a Foxtel spokesperson.

See this is the thing, why would you pay to watch anything in standard definition when you can pirate the high definition version? Pay $45 a month for the privilege of having your TV shows look like poo poo, what a great deal. Maybe Foxtel should give up trying to sell a worse product that the dodgy pirated copy. How was this something that wasn't considered when rolling out the Foxtel Play service?

Ditto for most free to air TV, why even bother when it looks like garbage?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Good thing the cops have all their metadata, who knows what could have happened otherwise?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Anzac Day, the most potent symbol of our nationhood

Isn't that literally what Australia Day is supposed to be?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Negligent posted:

If I was offered the same relocation package, which has been reported as cash, free healthcare and accommodation, I would take it. As I've been saying, Cambodia is lovely.

Can we organise this? I'll chip in $50 to send Negligent to Cambodia on the condition that he can't come back.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

TurnbullsNBN.gif

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
We fixed Iraq, and that turned out great for everyone.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Mr Chips posted:

Y'know that 'ANZAC terror plot' that took 200 police to foil? The state are alleging the plan was to run over a copper with car, and maybe stab him.

80-90 people are stabbed to death in Australia every year, and 200+ pedestrians are run down by cars.

Time to lose your poo poo, Australia.

All they had to do was hit a cop on a bike, then nobody would give a poo poo, and they could shrug their shoulders and walk off.

A dude in Perth deliberately rammed a cyclist in a fit of road rage and received a $1500 fine last month. The cyclist could have died.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Murodese posted:

The ABC has been told by a leading member of the right that the move was "stupid" because some of his colleagues would simply defy it. 

What a sick joke. They would abandon the tradition of solidarity that has seen the party stand united to send innocent children to be tortured in offshore detention camps, because THIS is somehow the line in the sand where it is so morally abhorrent to them that they have to break rank.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Just dropping by to mention that I had my FTTH service activated last week.

:smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

open24hours posted:

Because we have a complete and utter lack of imagination in our political class.

It would be nice if they were even pretending to plan for the future, I'd love to see something on this scale for an Australian city. http://www.thetransportpolitic.com/2011/05/27/paris-region-moves-ahead-with-125-miles-of-new-metro-lines/

This really bothers me. There's always a huge debate around implementing infrastructure that other countries have been using successfully for decades. Doesn't matter if it's rail, bicycles, renewable energy, or the internet, there just seems to be a huge resistance against doing anything other than "more of the same". Nobody can imagine the future dividends that this infrastructure could deliver.

gently caress knows how our economy is going to be competitive going into the future.

• Locked thread