Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

*clicks Auspol thread*

*reads 6 pages of idiots trying to change Graics opinion through personal attacks*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

No one can justify protecting organised religion of any kind for any reason. IMO more religious buildings should be burned.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Lid posted:

You can starts with mosques.

I feel like that is pretty well taken care of at this point and resources could be mroe efficiently utilised on other religions.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Graic Gabtar posted:

Like those loving Buddhists?

Equality is a bitch.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

gently caress off with First Dog. Its poo poo. You're poo poo.

Eat some onions.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Optus cable 100mbps is great, though can get as slow as ADSL speeds during peak periods.

If only there was a way to have 100mbit to each and every house hold.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Literally nothing else happens on the internet but video streaming of (obviously crap) TV shows so therefore spending any money on it is a stupid idea.

- SMH readers.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ban all sport.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I assumed everyone posts from their phone while making GBS threads.

Lord knows it explains the quality of the content.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Graic Gabtar posted:

Burn down all the toilets! Ban all the shits!

How's that?

You're pretty bad at this.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

If I suddenly didn't get paid as much to work weekends I wouldn't bother.

I don't work weekends now, but when I did if there wasn't a massive benefit to it then I told my boss I was busy.

Same with overtime. I'm not doing a second extra work unless the stakes are suddenly raised. If it's that important that it's done right now as I finish work, it's important enough to pay extra for

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Are rotating rosters cool to avoid penalty rates then? I remember a few jobs I had when I was younger where that was the case.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

bowmore posted:

people won't listen, so sometimes you need to think outside the box

its called a canopy :colbert:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

"you have to call in when you are going to be late because we got worried you might have been in a car accident or injured and couldnt get to work! it has nothing to do with the micromanagement to systematically break your spirit so you bend to our every will!"

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ordered Dominos* on Saturday, went to pick it up, they had a sign up 'dear customer please be aware a 10% surcharge applies to all orders placed today due to public holiday'

Its loving Saturday you dumb pricks.

*it wasnt my choice where we ordered because I was asleep

Laserface fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 7, 2015

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Most public holidays are usually family-related days anyway. Like most people, I went to visit family over the long weekend and didnt need to go to cafe or restaurant at all, as we ate at home.

So the demand for these businesses to be open is already lower than normal anyway, its no wonder they cant break even by being open. The popular shops will have the clientele to open for, and the less popular shops can stay shut and save themselves the effort and enjoy the day off.

I have literally no business experience and I can figure this out.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Vladimir Poutine posted:

In place of that sign these days is a sign saying "Thank you for visiting. Your money paid for the following:" and just has a big list of business expenses, including things like wages and superannuation.

And I bet that it finishes off with 100% of your money being put to everything but profits too.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

thatfatkid posted:

It's almost as if liberals are only for a "free market" when it works in their favour.

hosed up if true.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I, Butthole posted:

Quite seriously though what's the process from here? Can iiNet challenge the ruling? Will it rock straight on to punitive damages, or will it be the start of a "three strike" system given the implausible nature (even by the law firm's own blog entry of an IP address not conclusively identifying a person if what I hear's true) of real identification?

If the judge is seriously against speculative damages as a process (and he's following through on that by asking for drafts of the letters to be submitted to him for approval before they're sent out) then how will enforcement even work?

And if worse comes to worse, what's the deal if you do receive one of these notices?

So did you enjoy the movie?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

open24hours posted:

I'm just amazed that they expect people to take them seriously. If an ice taskforce (taskfarce?) is going to solve the ice problem then why did they wait 15 years after ice started to get popular to set it up? Why haven't taskforces been set up to solve other drug problems? Even if it was actually going to work the way they say it will it would still make them look bad.

Why dont they just legalise all drugs and tax them on par with smokes and piss? instant surplus.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Tomberforce posted:

I know some South Africans. I think they might be worse than Australians. I'm trying to decide whether it's worth calling them out, but the idiocy is just too much :sigh:

I would pay money to hear a Saffer pronounce "Debacle."

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

lol how is it 100 years in the making when Gallipoli was like one event?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

hahahaha oh my god, yes mr hockey GST'ing netflix and the app store is going to give you a surplus.

my god, who the gently caress let anybody vote in this country?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Christine Milne looks like a Splicer from Bioshock.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Redwolf posted:

Avshalom could you maybe gently caress right off and just stick to being a worthless toxic cancer in the chat thread.

This. At least Graic is making political arguments.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ive had three or four friends ask me about downloading concerns in the last week. When I tell them about usenet its basically 'holy poo poo how have the media networks not done this themselves' and then 'holy poo poo you can fully automate the entire process?! WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!'

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Can we take the piracy chat out of the ASIO monitored political group plz I like Usenet and dont want it to go away.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Because some of us are old.

its infinitely better.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

You know Grey Imports are a thing and already allow this right?

if it wasnt sold here new you can import it from japan without much hassle.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Pickled Tink posted:

Time for your regular dose of First Dog, commenting on matters that affect absolutely no one of any importance whatsoever:

Feels good man.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

LOL you mean to tell me that minerals we dig out of the ground are a finite resource that is now running out and whats left isnt worth much because nobody wants it?

Yeah right buddy! hah.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Christ almighty this thread is terrible.

Continue replying to trolls though. You're only 2-3 effort posts/kill urselfs away from convincing them to change their views.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

freebooter posted:

I've been living in the UK for a year - is Netflix actually working or is Australia's internet still irredeemably hopeless? Also is there any reason not to just continue illegally downloading as before?

Yes it works

Yes it is

No there isnt.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

With our congested and hosed network it is more beneficial to download something once via piracy, store it on local storage/server and then stream to local devices from there.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

White people PAY MONEY to go to Cambodia. These reffos have it easy.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

hahahahah just loving stop tax concessions for the rich and corporations jesus christ.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

One man goes to Cambodia in a quest to relieve himself of his White guilt and help them become a true first world nation.

Cool loving story bro.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Im glad you guys are continuing to try and convince Negligent to change his lovely opinion! you are so close now! I can feel it in my water.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

This is great. Everyones posting is great. never change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Oh good now that Avshalom is here, we have rounded up all the undesirables and can gas them all at once!

• Locked thread