Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMvkkqxs8m0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

That loving Sned posted:

Project M (Melee style)

Brawl

E: This is how they should actually look:

are you a furry or what.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That loving Sned posted:

Project M (Melee style)

Brawl

E: This is how they should actually look:

Oh no I feel you dude. They ruined it. His slightly pink scarf is red now, and his jacket has some gray parts instead of just white.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i thought fox had a robot leg

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

god i hate project m

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

god i hate project m

you've already proven you have bad game opinions, you don't have to shove it in our collective face

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Duck McCloud

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

god i hate project m

Suck my dick.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
if you think about it, Bucky O hare was just a star fox rip off.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Evil Eagle posted:

Duck McCloud

Nailed it

Dude has a snout in 64 and melee

Dude has a duck bill in brawl

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

zen death robot posted:

What about the style updates bothers you exactly? I feel like we're about to have a breakthrough here.

Larry Parrish posted:

Oh no I feel you dude. They ruined it. His slightly pink scarf is red now, and his jacket has some gray parts instead of just white.

codenameFANGIO posted:

It is extremely hosed up that those boots are red now I guess

is there some sort of joke or something where everybody's ignoring that he used to look like a fox and now he looks closer to donald duck

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
*head doubles in size, replaces snout with beak* lol his scarf is a different color guys!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the joke is it's not a big deal that they changed how he looks because he's star fox and nobody cares

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mabels big day posted:

the joke is it's not a big deal that they changed how he looks because he's star fox and nobody cares

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The only people who give a poo poo about Star Fox design or canon are the Star Fox Adventures writing team.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

The only people who give a poo poo about Star Fox design or canon are the Star Fox Adventures writing team.

Was the A-button mashing minigame that you had to do in the Dino Village legitimately broken or am I just bad at that crap, because I tried to beat that thing 5 different times over the course of about 3 years and I never could.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Was the A-button mashing minigame that you had to do in the Dino Village legitimately broken or am I just bad at that crap, because I tried to beat that thing 5 different times over the course of about 3 years and I never could.
Never played it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Never played it.

Lucky, that game is horrible.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Lucky, that game is horrible.
Isn't it just lovely Zelda?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Isn't it just lovely Zelda?

Yeah with bad voice acting and talking dinosaurs. Also they added a sexy blue fox.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just got Star Fox 3D from club nintendo. The voices are good.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

adventures had its moments, but it was mostly really loving bad

assault would have been really good if the on-foot sections played more like battlefront and less like whatever clunky piece of poo poo they came up with

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

adventures was the first star fox game i played lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only star fox game I ever played was adventures and so until I realized it was actually a space combat game I thought everyone who claimed to like it was extremely retarded.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

star fox 64 is the only actual good game in the series and instead of just basically releasing more level packs of that with prettier graphics they went out of their way to introduce all kinds of retarded mechanics

assault starts off as 64 but better and then all the sudden you're on foot and you control like a tank

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Where's the star Fox game where you hold a wiimote vertical like a proper flight stick?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SeXReX posted:

Where's the star Fox game where you hold a wiimote vertical like a proper flight stick?

Where's the star Fox game where you shake a wiimote to jerk off your cool animal friends

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Why the gently caress didn't they just najke more sf64 Christ

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

nintendo was afraid of just making the same game over and over even though that's all anyone wants

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

nintendo was afraid of just making the same game over and over
I don't believe this for one second.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

link between worlds was basically a big level pack for link to the past with better visuals and it's the best zelda i've played since majoras mask

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Minish Cap was Link to the Past with better combat, and if they hadn't hosed it up with a bunch of talky bits it would be much better remembered.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Minish Cap was Link to the Past with better combat, and if they hadn't hosed it up with a bunch of talky bits it would be much better remembered.

ive only ever played it on an emulator with fast forward, im just now realizing that god it did have a lot of loving text for no reason

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Bobnumerotres posted:

link between worlds was basically a big level pack for link to the past with better visuals and it's the best zelda i've played since majoras mask

Four Swords Adventure is a love letter to 2D zelda games and is still fun without 3 friends, game boy advances and link cables despite what the nintendo hardware marketing department would lead you to believe.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Bobnumerotres posted:

nintendo was afraid of just making the same game over and over even though that's all anyone wants

Uhh. We are talking about Nintendo still, right?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive only ever played it on an emulator with fast forward, im just now realizing that god it did have a lot of loving text for no reason
Yeah. I love it and am a huge Minish Cap apologist but holy god.

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also if it had twice as many dungeons, and if the items were better.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

Also if it had twice as many dungeons, and if the items were better.
Yeah but imagine how many dungeons you could add if you removed all the dialogue and the stuff with the town.

Dec 26, 2012

Four more, I reckon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

Four more, I reckon.

• Locked thread