Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

Cnidaria posted:

the temple past the surface area has the sickest beats

yeah this is the place i was talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
:lol: There's a metroid level bug in Zi. There's a spot on the far right side of the map where you can teleport through a wall and fall behind one of the doors. It didn't seem to cause a problem at first but the game crashed on me just a couple doors later.

edit:

Just dash through the wall to the left.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 18, 2015

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Soral posted:

yeah this is the place i was talking about

that area was cool

especially the part where the sick beats don't kick in until you go through the locked door to the main area

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Just finished the game on normal. Are there different endings depending on your completion %s ?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i just got past the part where ur sick and hallucinating and you pass out and expositiopn happens. i dont know where to go now bc everything is blocked off by 1 block wide walls and i dont have the presumable 'lets u glitch through walls in midair' item

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the game is good BTW

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

rediscover posted:

i just got past the part where ur sick and hallucinating and you pass out and expositiopn happens. i dont know where to go now bc everything is blocked off by 1 block wide walls and i dont have the presumable 'lets u glitch through walls in midair' item

you get the item you need in that area

it took me awhile to figure out though since i thought the hallucination area had the same layout as the real area which isn't the case for at least a few rooms

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Machai posted:

Just finished the game on normal. Are there different endings depending on your completion %s ?

There is an extra scene if both your map and item% are over 80%

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got lost and started backtracking through the starting areas of the game with way more gear than before. even when i found new secrets there would be another obstacle behind it that i didn't have the item for, and some nasty lategame enemies in those optional areas. i cant wait to go back again once i progress a bit more but i have no idea where to go

this game owns

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also there are a crazy amount of optional upgrades. and not just "+damage +health" kind of stuff but little nice things like extended shotgun/drill range. makes exploring more worthwhile when youre not just hunting for the equivalent of missile expansions, you might actually stumble into a cool upgrade

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Bobnumerotres posted:

also there are a crazy amount of optional upgrades. and not just "+damage +health" kind of stuff but little nice things like extended shotgun/drill range. makes exploring more worthwhile when youre not just hunting for the equivalent of missile expansions, you might actually stumble into a cool upgrade

the game has 24 weapons total, 2 of which no one has found yet which is cool

i want my giant yellow laser though so someone should find it soon

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

Cnidaria posted:

the game has 24 weapons total, 2 of which no one has found yet which is cool

i want my giant yellow laser though so someone should find it soon

from what i understand the scissor beam, heatseeker and orange beam are from the secret world, which has random elements and you only get one of these per save file. I may also be completely wrong.

Soral
May 30, 2009

there are a bunch of possible secret world locations and only a few of them appear in your save file. afaik you aren't even guaranteed to get one of the 3 secret guns. i got 100% item and map collection and i found like 4 secret worlds and all of them just had size upgrades and pieces of heart

Soral
May 30, 2009

sequence breaking tip: you can get the first coat upgrade super early by not saving at all between eribu and getting the basic coat... get the coat then save quit out to get warp back to eribu without needing the grapple. this is pretty much baby's first sequence break but still it's there for you if you want it

Soral
May 30, 2009

i think that doing this makes the grapple completely skippable

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

i was watching my percentages after every few pickups because I was going for 80% and i dont think secret world pickups count to completion

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

it feels like enemies do too much damage but i might just be bad

Soral
May 30, 2009

Antlions posted:

i was watching my percentages after every few pickups because I was going for 80% and i dont think secret world pickups count to completion

they dont

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

it feels like enemies do too much damage but i might just be bad

yeah you really need to be careful even with some health upgrades you'll die in a few hits from anything

but the game also throws you a lot of health pick-ups and if youre really low i think kills are guaranteed to give you health which is nice

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this game is fuckin rad and has a killer soundtrack

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Beat the game last night on Normal. The only thing I'm really disappointed by is that there are very few bosses.

Most of the weapons were rather mediocre as well and I usually just used the short range ones most of the game.

Overall a great game but I just wish there had been about twice as many boss fights.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 18, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got the advanced lab coat that lets you uhh go through walls in midair and this is the best movement upgrade

the game is getting seriously loving hard though and not in a fun way, little tiny enemies that come at you in swarms, can take a ton of hits and knock off big chunks of your health what the gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao i found the game's version of the plasma beam omg

you also eventually get 'power bombs' and just like the gba metroids they will reveal every secret on screen. i have no idea where to go after this upgrade

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 18, 2015

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

you also eventually get 'power bombs' and just like the gba metroids they will reveal every secret on screen. i have no idea where to go after this upgrade

Uh are you talking about the reality distorting ones? Do they take out the drill blocks too?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Uh are you talking about the reality distorting ones? Do they take out the drill blocks too?

they dont, nor reveal them, which is really lame but whatevs

i got what i think is the final upgrade which is a level 3 labcoat that is pretty much the screw attack. the final area is also full of not-metroids

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

the final area is also full of not-metroids

Yeah I noticed that too. Also that labcoat is amazing. I just wish it didn't hurt my thumbs so much.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im backtracking for all the upgrades now. they pull some serious dick moves. i went through a secret area that required the final labcoat, only to run into a dead end. you need to enter a passcode right there in order to re-arrange the walls in the room and make it possible to grab the flamethrower.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I'm not sure how I feel about double tapping to teleport. I keep teleporting on accident and messing up jumps or jumping into enemies and getting hurt. I think assigning it to an actual button would have been better.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Machai posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about double tapping to teleport. I keep teleporting on accident and messing up jumps or jumping into enemies and getting hurt. I think assigning it to an actual button would have been better.

yeah. double tapping the dpad to do precise movements is really frustrating and stresses me out (??) also where do i go after i get hte power bombs.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

yeah. double tapping the dpad to do precise movements is really frustrating and stresses me out (??) also where do i go after i get hte power bombs.

in that same area (outside greenish area), there is a glitchy spot you passed by before you got the power bombs. go back to that for a boss fight and the upgrade youve been waiting for the whole game

that boss is a total dick though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im in the final area of the game and there's a miniboss and let me just say it is insanely loving hard how the hell do you even fight it

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

im in the final area of the game and there's a miniboss and let me just say it is insanely loving hard how the hell do you even fight it

Basically you just shoot him (Shards/Distortion field work well) and air dash through him when he approaches

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 19, 2015

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Basically you just shoot him (Shards/Distortion field work well) and air dash through him when he approaches

yeah this is it, also you can just go through the door behind it without shooting it at all and continue with the level

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

in that same area (outside greenish area), there is a glitchy spot you passed by before you got the power bombs. go back to that for a boss fight and the upgrade youve been waiting for the whole game

that boss is a total dick though

yeah i figured it out. gently caress this hornet bitch. i wish he would stop

Soral
May 30, 2009

there are two puzzles in the final area that require you to corrupt and then not immediately murder the enemies of the area to figure out what to do which is really awesome when you do figure them out but if youre like me and just obsessively murder everything asap it can take a while so gently caress that

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

rediscover posted:

yeah i figured it out. gently caress this hornet bitch. i wish he would stop

I think I just used the lightning gun during the entire fight since it would easily kill the baby hornets. Not sure if you have it though.

Soral
May 30, 2009

tip for the hornet boss: lock position and fire up at a diagonal with the basic weapon for 2 minutes, and then you win

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Soral posted:

tip for the hornet boss: lock position and fire up at a diagonal with the basic weapon for 2 minutes, and then you win

also use the inertial pulse, if you don't have that then use the hypo-atomizer

if you don't have that weapon then lol, the game has 24 weapons so try one of those

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Soral posted:

yeah on normal with minimal health/damage upgrades, he can be damage raced with even a weak weapon like Voraj really easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the hornet is a piece of poo poo

• Locked thread