Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just dont know who the gently caress designed the hornet and thought it was fun. the dude is a dick and will float where your shots cant even reach its mouth and all of its attacks are bullshit. youre just hoping it behaves itself and lets you shoot it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The wasp bosses in Metroid Prime suck too. Maybe it was an homage.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i saw a speedrun where the dude glitched the little hornets and then killed the boss in 0.1 seconds

maybe glitching the little hornets give you an attack boost??? (i don't know)

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
btw i loved glitching the enemies that make your firewall weapon huge

the game needed more of those silly glitches

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
I found an enemy that glitches into Missingo. If I remember correctly, it happens with the floating, 2 armed jellyfish dudes that shoot 2 shots at a time, located in the area where you encounter the hallucinations.

Soral
May 30, 2009

has anyone unlocked the secret of those two friendly robots in the zone you hallucinate in. why are they there.... what is their purpose..........

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i saw a speedrun where the dude glitched the little hornets and then killed the boss in 0.1 seconds

maybe glitching the little hornets give you an attack boost??? (i don't know)

yeah if you glitch its babies and make them blow up on its open mouth it will die instantly

a lovely boss with a secret "easy" way to beat it. it is truly an homage to draygon

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I think I got the hornet on the 3rd or 4th try but I admit he would've been a lot harder if I didn't have the lightning gun.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i killed the hornet in one try using the default gun. that boss is really easy and lol if you died to it

Soral
May 30, 2009

in fact, its the most boring and easy boss in the game, including the one that you dont have to do anything to kill

Crumpet
Apr 22, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i just dont know who the gently caress designed the hornet and thought it was fun. the dude is a dick and will float where your shots cant even reach its mouth and all of its attacks are bullshit. youre just hoping it behaves itself and lets you shoot it

the shard gun made this boss really easy by standing on the highest raised area and jumping and shooting constantly. its full auto so you dont even have to mash. the gun's not even hidden, really, it's in edin basically on the way to the boss, and you can see it even when you cant get to it.

Crumpet
Apr 22, 2008

also this game owns and i love the soundtrack. nearing 100% completion (100%ed all the other zones, just started mar-aru), seen 2 secret worlds with nothing but health/damage nodes in which is lame.

my only real gripe is the sorta bullshit damage things do as you enter a zone for the first time, but once you learn how to deal with specific enemies it's not too bad. plus how ridiculously hidden some of the stuff is, jesus christ.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

the hornet is a very unfortunate lovely boss and it's the wall between you and the best part of the game (warping around with the screw attack and sentry warp collecting all the hidden goodies)

the 'screw attack' was actually really really disappointing because i was looking forward to the super cool final movement upgrade and imagining all of these cool possibilities and then it turned out to be 'u can glitch 3 blocks instead of 2 and u break things' which is not cool at all.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

the 'screw attack' was actually really really disappointing because i was looking forward to the super cool final movement upgrade and imagining all of these cool possibilities and then it turned out to be 'u can glitch 3 blocks instead of 2 and u break things' which is not cool at all.

it makes getting around really fast if youre constantly double tapping and i thought it was a fun upgrade. it also butchers every enemy that isn't part of the final areas

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Only problem with the red coat dash was that it needed a double tap to activate, but every other button on the controller is taken up by something so I don't know how you'd fix that. You could map it to L1 I guess.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
map the dash to right stick and put the weapon menu somewhere else

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Antlions posted:

that would make it really good instead of terrible and stupid/lovely

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Antlions posted:

dash is right stick, weapon menu opens by clicking the stick

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

rediscover posted:

Eh, it's basically my main weapon once I get it. Works great on the optional and final boss.

Bobnumerotres posted:

it also butchers every enemy that isn't part of the final areas

I thought it worked great on them too but it was easier to just glitch them and go past to save HP for the bosses.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

that would make it really good instead of terrible and stupid/lovely

it's really not bad im sorry youve never played a fighting game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

i've played lots of fighting games and i like them and think it works well in them. in plat forming games though it ends up frustrating me idk its just a personal thing i think. like i really hated the double-tap dash in castlevania; circle of the moon and it hosed me up a lot. im retarded at games and gay

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

axiom verge is a good game and im going to beat it today

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Machai posted:

dash is right stick, weapon menu opens by clicking the stick

the vita version will be unplayabe without fixing the issue. remote play was non stop weapons menu interruptions

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

rediscover posted:

i've played lots of fighting games and i like them and think it works well in them. in plat forming games though it ends up frustrating me idk its just a personal thing i think. like i really hated the double-tap dash in castlevania; circle of the moon and it hosed me up a lot. im retarded at games and gay

just gotta inch a little closer to the edge of this platform. oh. there i go dashing off again. fun.

rediscover posted:

axiom verge is a good game and im going to beat it today

final area is pretty dang terrible.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

game still owns

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Parallax Scroll posted:

game still owns

it does.

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

Parallax Scroll posted:

game still owns

fact

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Those blue drones are kinda easy once you use a power bomb on them.

be careful glitching the ones before the optional boss or they could end up in there with you.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

It's not awful but I'd rather have a dedicated button for it over double tapping any day of the week.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I wouldn't just throw those around.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

those not-metroids in the next to last zone, when powerbombed, may:
a. turn purple and completely dumb
b. start flashing all sorts of bright colors, become enraged and deal double damage :) :) :) :) :) :)

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 23, 2015

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I kinda abused my drone in difficult areas until I got ahold of the final lab coat. After that... :black101:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

axiom devs please add "start with final labcoat" mode to the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wouldn't just throw those around.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

axiom devs please add "start with final labcoat" mode to the game

I bet this wouldn't be too hard to do with cheat engine

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im totally done with this game.

if they release a sequel or something i would be down as hell.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

im totally done with this game.

if they release a sequel or something i would be down as hell.

a sequel would be sick

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They should release this game on the PC, so I can play it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

They should release this game on the PC, so I can play it.

It is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh. So it is.

• Locked thread