Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?
I've made a similar transition myself, quantitative PhD to finance.

How do you manage HR and teambuilding exercises in a positive way for your career? My employer has a lot of focus on team spirit, engagement, networking and "developing leadership skills". I suspect that this is partially because a lot of the organizartion have dull jobs or a high pressure on sales. However, my team loves our primary tasks in statistics/risk management but are a bad fit socially in the corporate culture. So we have some major challenges in
1) The ongoing discussions on team spirit/engagement/networking are detrimental to the motivation of the team.
2) We have almost no influence within the corporation to get poo poo done, especially IT-related. Even for projects with hundreds of millions in savings or serious problems with compliance that risks hundreds of millions in fines.

So I need to manage the corporate culture in a way that is positive for my career without wanting to shot myself. Also the team needs to reposition itself in the organization in a positive way, in a way that fits our team better.

Any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread