Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

USMC503 posted:

I have a 5 millimeter kidney stone.

Fml

Click here.

Its really your best option since you didn't convince the ER doc to just put you down.

For those of you who don't know. A 5mm kidney stone looks like this:

It feels like trying to piss out this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urethral_sounding

Just get the hole big enough and you'll be fine.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

you should turn that lil twink out

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress kidney stones.

Also this goddamn Prince song I woke up with stuck in my head....

I will burn any raspberry berets on sight today.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

gently caress kidney stones.

Also this goddamn Prince song I woke up with stuck in my head....

I will burn any raspberry berets on sight today.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Genocide Tendency posted:

Click here.

Its really your best option since you didn't convince the ER doc to just put you down.

:stare:

Please tell me that drinking five bottles of water a day will spare me from this fate.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

UoI posted:

Please tell me that drinking five bottles of water a day will spare me from this fate.

That, potassium citrate a banana and a can of coke every other day or so helps. I had a 5mm and a 3.5mm at the same time 2 October's back. Doc gave me fluids and a lot of pain killers until I passed it a week later. Ever since then I've adjusted my diet a bit and haven't had an issue since.

But everytime my lower back hurts I have a mild bout of panic praying it isn't another stone

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

UoI posted:

have your kidneys removed and go on dialysis

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I've taken both of your recommendations into considerations and have decided to opt the easy way out.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 2, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Casimir Radon posted:

I had no idea that Scott O'Grady was an idiot until some Vietnam vets starting started talking poo poo about him at a vigil I was at.

Oh yeah. O'Grady is brought up often in SERE school for how much of an idiot he was. Dude came out to meet the rescue forces waving a pistol around.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Got a call from the patient advocate today from the regional office because mine won't be back in town until next week. She's processing my doctor swap, so that's nice.

the ol pump-n-bump
Jul 27, 2004

by Smythe
right now Im taking all online classes but i found out that I qualify for the full BAH allowance for this semester if I go to a tues-thurs 50 min power point class, teacher said on first day she doesnt grade by attendance. 1850 a month son. Quit my DOT regulated job two weeks ago now im smoking chronic on the reg

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

PBRstreetgang posted:

right now Im taking all online classes but i found out that I qualify for the full BAH allowance for this semester if I go to a tues-thurs 50 min power point class, teacher said on first day she doesnt grade by attendance. 1850 a month son. Quit my DOT regulated job two weeks ago now im smoking chronic on the reg

Ya dude all you need is one physical class. How are you just finding this out?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

UoI posted:

Maybe.

The majority of people develop them because of lovely diets/drinking habits or medication (no idea which meds because I had no idea meds could until a doc told me some could).

However there is a suspected hereditary risk. Not sure what the studies are saying now but at one time they believed there was.

There is some fruit/veggie concoction that helps with flushing the entire urinary tract you can make on a Daily basis. But it tastes horrible and apparently makes you piss neon green lava every morning.

Basically just go down to the local church, get saved, and pray you don't get them. That's the best course of prevention.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Do diuretics help? Glass of cranberry juice every day?

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
i'm scared

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Just get one of those princes wands to help gape your pee hole, after that you'll be peeing out kidney stones like a champ

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Genocide Tendency posted:

Click here.

That is terrifying. :staredog:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The pissing out of the stone sucks, but really it isn't nearly as bad as the movement of the stone in the kidney and ureter that sucks more than any other experience. By the time time you're pissing it out, you should on on good pain killers anyway

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The entire concept of sounding terrifies me.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
man you guys haven't ever heard about kidney stones? i heard about them when i was 13 and got hit in the kidney playing football and the doc said it could be kidney stones making me piss blood or something, but all the research i did on those kept me awake for the several nights before we got the results.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

That looks razor sharp with a million points.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I had a freak testicular torsion when I was about 10. That was loving miserable.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
To make this hit home with GiP, here's a bladder stone my sister in law removed from a 3 year old, 9 pound Terrier last year

The stone was so large the bladder had some tissue tearing before they got in. The kidney function had almost stopped entirely by that point. The dog is still alive and doing very well these days I'm told

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

I had a freak testicular torsion when I was about 10. That was loving miserable.

If only the Venture bros were around back then.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Doesn't ibuprofen filter through the kidneys?

How many of us lived on an 800mg 3x/day diet of motrin for seemingly endless stretches of time? Because I haven't had stones since I was at an abusive level of motrin.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

How many of us lived on an 800mg 3x/day diet of motrin for seemingly endless stretches of time? Because I haven't had stones since I was at an abusive level of motrin.

My doc says motrin is actually the best method of non-controlled pain management when you have stones.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Booblord Zagats posted:

My doc says motrin is actually the best method of non-controlled pain management when you have stones.

what is your doctor's rank

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Cole posted:

what is your doctor's rank

Not that kind of doctor. Not really the other kind, either.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

What's the other kind? Squid?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MA-Horus posted:

What's the other kind? Squid?

You could be a doctor like Dr. Phil or a chiropractor.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Or an LMT, the people not smart enough to be chiropractors. They're like the gym teachers of healthcare.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
SIIIIIIICK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJnMQG9ev8

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Needs more jet fuel and steel beams

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

so wait motrin/heavy amounts of ibprofun for months straight is actually beneficial?

I had anal fissures for a time because my diet consisted of sunflower seeds and water, It was pretty loving horrifying and I still worry that I will be in that much pain halfway through a poo poo

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Everything passes through the Kidneys but unlike most meds, Ibuprofen is metabolized by the Kidneys and not the liver. Which isn't a big deal for Kidney Stones, but if you had high end renal failure then I'd advise you not to take Ibuprofen.

large amounts of ibuprofen/motrin or whatever the gently caress NSAID you take will gently caress your gut up/cause G.I bleeding before it destroys your kidneys, unless you have underlying kidney conditions already *kidney stones don't count*

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
some loving dudes tried to steal my tires? i guess? who the gently caress does that in TYOOL 2015? happened while my car was parked at the metro while i was at work. heard a godawful wobble screeching grinding when i started to head home. check my car and i'm missing two lugnuts on one tire and one lugnut on two of them. one of the tires missing one has the other lugnuts at various stages of removal.

hi i'm gonna steal tires or do whatever with a goddamn impact wrench but not have the tools to remove the loving locks lmao

w/e though i've got $0 deductible insurance for vandalism and i drive my car 10mi/week now

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

That guitar flame thrower hnnnng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

That guitar flame thrower hnnnng

:agreed: