Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I know I'm in the line of people wanting to escape from GOON MOUNTAIN, but imma also offer prizes:

First five people out of the dungeon get a copy of everything I publish through DriveThru. Whether they want it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I'm not in line for Goon Mountain but I'll also offer up a free pdf of everything I've published on Drivethru (yes, all one product) for the first five out.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Those are great prizes! If people could also offer consolation prizes for people who make funny posts but die that would be cool though. :buddy:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
(Also ningyou and gnarlyhotep have entered the dungeon!)

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
I will strategically enter the dungeon late, and therefore be able to crawl over the corpses of the previous explorers to reach the goal!

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

DigitalRaven posted:

I know I'm in the line of people wanting to escape from GOON MOUNTAIN, but imma also offer prizes:

First five people out of the dungeon get a copy of everything I publish through DriveThru. Whether they want it or not.

potatocubed posted:

I'm not in line for Goon Mountain but I'll also offer up a free pdf of everything I've published on Drivethru (yes, all one product) for the first five out.
poo poo just got real

shame I'm entrant #50 or something

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
It's been a while and I'm still waiting on a lot of posts, so pretty soon I'm going to start cycling new goons in. This is a one-day challenge, not a play-by-post where you can post once a week! You snooze, you lose.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Already more fun than D&D Next so far. Chuffed to see the return of CRAG HACK though.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Already more fun than D&D Next so far. Chuffed to see the return of CRAG HACK though.

KRAG HACK is the hero TG deserves.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

kingcom posted:

KRAG HACK is the hero TG deserves.

Sad but true.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I want in(side a monster's stomach).

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

I want to die alone and unmourned have funtastic adventures in the dungeon!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Somebody listen to the game designer avatar so Ettin has to type out the entire thing.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
> ENTER THE DRAGON

> I MEAN THE DUNGEON

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Posting another entrance soon! Remember to roll dice if you're not explicitly using your Cool Thing!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ettin posted:

Posting another entrance soon! Remember to roll dice if you're not explicitly using your Cool Thing!

I would like to Ask The GM if I should maybe choose a less ambiguous cool thing or if I should just exploit the hell out of it ride this train all the way to the station as long as I can.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

I would like to Ask The GM if I should maybe choose a less ambiguous cool thing or if I should just exploit the hell out of it ride this train all the way to the station as long as I can.

Go for it, but mention your Cool Thing so I know you're using it!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ettin posted:

Go for it, but mention your Cool Thing so I know you're using it!

Cool, well I rolled anyway and succeeded so BRING IT ON DM!

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

i too wonder if my cool thing is too vaguely worded to be okay

should i not be a pope who is also an anime

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Anime pope seems a lot less ambiguous to me for what it's worth.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Ummm... I took IS LOUD. I think your all fine.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yeah but you're loud all the time, that's as unambiguous as it gets. Krag Hack is gonna 100% no-hit-run this dungeon.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah but you're loud all the time, that's as unambiguous as it gets. Krag Hack is gonna 100% no-hit-run this dungeon.

Krag can dodge roll for days.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

kingcom posted:

Krag can dodge roll for days.

Hey Dark Souls is my gimmick give it back

Ettin posted:

For the first post we're not explicitly doing anything right? Or do I need to do a thing other than >listen to wizard

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Viva Miriya, I posted right after you but snuck you in with an edit. :buddy:

GruntyThrst posted:

For the first post we're not explicitly doing anything right? Or do I need to do a thing other than >listen to wizard

Not if you don't want to, it's pretty much "this is my character and this is how they feel about this bullshit" and then on to the next area.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
By "passes right through plant matter" do you mean "harmlessly" or "oh god get a mop?"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Harmlessly!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Of course.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Ettin posted:

:frogsiren: Aisar, John Dough, sentrygun, Trasson, TurninTrix and Siivola weren't able to post, so I've moved them to the current back of the queue to speed things up. Tagging in Bushmeister, blakyoshi, Roach Warehouse, Elfface, and DigitalRaven!

Posting this here so when the queue inevitably swings back around here these guys can get back in. I might let this run a little longer and be a little more lenient on people who can't make it depending on how fast goons escape the dungeon though.

New goons, check the second post for your room assignments! :getin:

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
i went to work and missed the gold, guess i'll settle for dollars

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

This is an awesome thing and I wish I wasn't busy.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Edited in a post for King Wyrlack!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Let's see how many dick jokes I can cram into a single character (with some overt homoeroticism as per a JoJo character)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Xelkelvos posted:

Let's see how many dick jokes I can cram into a single character (with some overt homoeroticism as per a JoJo character)

pretty sure that coxwains only yell at dudes to tell them how to pull

but you know

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

pretty sure that coxwains only yell at dudes to tell them how to pull

but you know

They yell at dudes to make full, hard strokes the proper way.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm glad I at least got to mug some racist mushroom people and get baked while playing Street Fighter with a drow ranger before Ettin had to step out, so far this is easily better than many of my actual face-to-face gaming experiences have been.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Xelkelvos posted:

They yell at dudes to make full, hard strokes the proper way.

there ya go

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Ettin posted:

Edited in a post for King Wyrlack!

Freakin cool! I am really enjoying this so far. Unfortunately I have to go pass out now so if you could put me in a bag of holding or something overnight some other goon can take my spot. I hope to get back into the action tomorrow!

:greenangel:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

Freakin cool! I am really enjoying this so far. Unfortunately I have to go pass out now so if you could put me in a bag of holding or something overnight some other goon can take my spot. I hope to get back into the action tomorrow!

:greenangel:

This thing it going to end up lasting a week or something at this rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

This thing it going to end up lasting a week or something at this rate.

Yeah. This is going pretty well, all things considered, but I haven't done something like this before and it's clear that with timezones and all this will be at least a few days. So:

With that in mind, I am totally undoing my decision to remove people for inactivity. Aisar, John Dough, sentrygun, Trasson, TurninTrix and Siivola are back in the game! :getin:

Feel free to take a run at a red room, I will make arrangements so you will get something neat even if you die.

• Locked thread