Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ettin posted:

Feel free to take a run at a red room, I will make arrangements so you will get something neat even if you die.

Pff, now you tell us. Whatever, I'm cool with my new drow bud.

OH poo poo NEW PAGE

Ettin posted:

Yeah. This is going pretty well, all things considered, but I haven't done something like this before and it's clear that with timezones and all this will be at least a few days. So:

With that in mind, I am totally undoing my decision to remove people for inactivity. Aisar, John Dough, sentrygun, Trasson, TurninTrix and Siivola are back in the game! :getin:

Go go go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Ettin posted:

Yeah. This is going pretty well, all things considered, but I haven't done something like this before and it's clear that with timezones and all this will be at least a few days. So:

With that in mind, I am totally undoing my decision to remove people for inactivity. Aisar, John Dough, sentrygun, Trasson, TurninTrix and Siivola are back in the game! :getin:

Feel free to take a run at a red room, I will make arrangements so you will get something neat even if you die.

This works for me because I gotta sleep, unlike my undead alter ego.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

That's great news, because I was already making my post while you were making that post.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
So if we somehow wander into the same general area as another brave adventurer do we form a party at that point?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

So if we somehow wander into the same general area as another brave adventurer do we form a party at that point?

You can if you want! If you don't post about teaming up I'll just assume you're doing your own thing.

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
I've gotta go out of town soon, so I'm out of the line.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Alright! Let me know when you're back though.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I'll have to pick this up in the morning! :shobon:

I'm glad someone is heading for a RED ZONE though. Let's do this! :black101:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Survived my first roll :hfive:

Then again nobody had failed one yet.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yeah, so far we've been kicking this dungeon's rear end. I'm feelin' pretty good about this whole thing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Can I enter the dungeon still? I want to. I know there's a line. I'll stand in it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

It's my understanding that the line will move as soon as some gracious dungeoncrawlers die (or get far enough ahead).

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Attn: Ettin and various dungeoneers, I will be out playing X-Wang for the next [UNKNOWN] hours at my somewhat local gaming store, please do not arbitrarily kill my character or use me to trigger pit traps but if I can't reply during that time you can move on without me. Assuming my and Siivola's characters meet up they can take the lead until I return.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah, so far we've been kicking this dungeon's rear end. I'm feelin' pretty good about this whole thing.

Yeah, I was expecting more failed rolls by now. Let's see how these red rooms turn out! :buddy:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
(Also if you're going to list all your loot you might want to consider sub tags soon :getin:)

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Ettin posted:

Yeah, I was expecting more failed rolls by now. Let's see how these red rooms turn out! :buddy:

Here's hoping for blood

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
With Ettin's approval, I am now throwing something into the prize pool - a fabulous mystery prize for Bloodiest Death, to be awarded for the most entertaining, blood-spattered death in THE DUNGEON. It's a physical object, so you need to be willing to receive a goon-sent package, and I completely, 100% promise that you will not be sent something horrific/dildonic.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I have seen this prize and it is absolutely worth it, by the way.

MaliciousOnion posted:

Still quite drunk, I rudely shout, "What a fuckin' stupid corro- curry- hall! There's too many traps, makes it easy." I begin flipping down the corridor, singing as I go:

"My-my-my-my kung-fu makes me so hard
Makes me say oh my lord
Thank you for blessing me
With a mouth to drink and two hype feet
That's good when you know you're down
A super dope homeboy from the old town
And I'm known as such
And this is a monk - uh - u can't touch"

A shitton of traps: 2d6 8

:sbahj:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
At Xwang, phone posting to ask where me/Siivola can go from here?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
From CAVE JAIL you can head to the Other Ward, then either west into Drowvales or north into uncharted territory (and towards the center).

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

I think I have the dubious honor of loving up for the first time.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

You have opened the gates of failure. Good job.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Bushmeister posted:

I think I have the dubious honor of loving up for the first time.

It is a hard - but necessary - thing. Congratulations.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
By request, this is the uncovered map so far, since you can probably connect most of it anyway:

(It is not to scale, obviously)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ettin posted:

By request, this is the uncovered map so far, since you can probably connect most of it anyway:

(It is not to scale, obviously)

My map revealing compulsion makes me regret not going south. However, spaceship.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

There has been a distinct lack of death in this game. I feel like you're not delivering, Ettin.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

And I'm up!

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

sorry i kind of fell down a bloodborne k-hole and lost most of a day ;w; posted now though~

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Kai Tave just had pretty much the exact idea I had, and knocked it right out of the loving park before I had a chance to fumble it. Thanks, buddy!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I promise to try not to spotlight steal from Sir Aurinkoinen, that just seemed like the most appropriate use of Bryn's talent that's come up so far so I ran with it. Also if you want to use any of my assorted dungeon crap to do something cool feel free.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Guesting at a con, so I'll probably be slow to reply and phone posting when I do.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Sorry for the lack of my own posting, I had things to attend to today. I'll try and squeeze one in before I sleep!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
This weekend hasn't been nice to me. Back on track now, I hope!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

100" = one hundred inches

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Leperflesh posted:

100" = one hundred inches

I've been wondering the same thing, but a 10 foot room full of 10 inch orcs with tiny treasure chests is a fun image.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Is Ye Dungeon still enterable?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I meant 100', you jerks should go metric already :reject:

Jvie posted:

Is Ye Dungeon still enterable?

Technically yes, though people haven't been dying as much as I thought they would so I'm not sure how many people will get in. If I plan something like this again I might make the rules more lethal :v:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ettin posted:

Technically yes, though people haven't been dying as much as I thought they would so I'm not sure how many people will get in. If I plan something like this again I might make the rules more lethal :v:

Its kinda hard to die if you aren't consistently in the danger zone!

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ettin posted:

Your dungeon, your rules. Just saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler