Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

So with Ted's announcement and the others soon to follow, when will GOP primary season officially be in full swing, May? June?

Im pretty sure that depends on when everybody's book comes out, no need to fake run until there's money in it.

edit: serious answer, basically whenever Jeb announces will be the beginning and end of GOP primary season, everything outside that is delusion / self promotion.

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Apr 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

This might be one of the most important things he's done, as far as my life is concerned (I already have free healthcare). Changing this is going to fundamentally alter how just about every chain business operates, assuming the DoL doesn't leave in a ton of loopholes or whatever.

Yeah, this right here is going to really piss them off. Pretending low-level workers are all managers and making them exempt has been saving these companies a ton of money.

edit

Is that really the best argument they've got? That if their managers can't micromanage then everything will fall apart?

Actually the graphic shows the disconnect between these assholes and reality, their argument is that if they aren't able to exploit managers for more than "100%" of their day it will increase costs. Which seems reasonable to them since exploitation has become common practice but you dont see any upper management members taking on jobs and increasing their roles past "100%" of their work day just to reduce costs to the end customer. As soon as the Applebees CEO starts running janitorial and busing tables after expanding his hours to 12-14 a day in the name of reducing costs to the customer Ill buy this bullshit argument.

Any sane business sees a role that is taking disproportionately more time than other roles and assigns additional labor to it counting it as a normal cost of business. These pricks go the opposite route and want to exploit a single person as much as they can so that money can be applied to, and they expect us to believe this, the customer and not the company gross. Corporate america is lucky I don't have the ability to detonate heads remotely using the power of my brain because I wish nothing but bad things on these pricks.

ed: For those of you counting at home that brings the people I would give remote aneurysms up quite a bit from Meter maids (and probably 90% of all active police to go with that), the TSA and just to lump in probably a good part of the political apparatus.

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 1, 2015

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Hey, your creepy obsession with talking about meter maids really bothers me. Can you cut it out?

I think you have to mention it more than once and once as a self deprecating referential joke for it to be obsession or am I reading this flow chart wrong

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Xibanya posted:

I posted this in the last thread but it was buried under a sea of dorks telling boring 9/11 stories.

Koch brothers caught impersonating randos in order to make it seem like more people hate net neutrality than actually exist:

http://politi.co/1GdSMh7

You can bet this has happened before and they haven't been caught, and you can bet this will happen again. You can also bet that this will never become a major news story and will slowly slide into the memory hole.

The disturbing part is that we will never ever build protections in against ultra wealthy douchebags treating the entire country as their own personal ant farm. Our entire political system is structured in a way that assumes that monetary corruption can not be limitless in scope, the founders just assumed that no one could consolidate that much influence. There is no recourse against the Koch brothers, they can do literally anything they want and they are above punitive damages. As far as the political landscape and thus the landscape of the U.S. is concerned they are god.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

haveblue posted:

I agree, their influence over President Romney has been a disaster for this country.

The Koch brothers prefer to do their damage at the county level and obstruction at the federal level.

crap like this:

quote:

The Colorado chapter of Americans for Prosperity is running television ads to support candidates who will continue the district's current path. AFP is an advocacy group founded by billionaire David Koch that has Tea Party ties. Koch and his brother Charles, co-owners of Koch Industries, have been major contributors to the organization.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24358725/douglas-county-school-board-races-expose-deep-divisions

Is happening all over the country this very second. Stow the sarcasm man its a problem.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Is there a Rainbow Belt?

Something similar to the Rust Belt and Bible Belt.

Yeah, and like a rainbow it starts in the west coast, arches over the entire country and lands somewhere in the northeast.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Cheesus posted:

Do bad Yelp reviews help with this process?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/memories-pizza-walkerton

This is about the most NWS page of pizza reviews I have ever seen.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Chic Fil A still largely caved (or spent more timing hiding its donations to groups like the AFA and others) publicly.

The damage is already done there, they limited their franchise expansion opportunities in quite a few areas with that crap which is long term death for a chain like that. Its going to take long enough to affect them and they are doing well enough right now that most people probably wont associate the two but I would be surprised in 20 years if that is a brand that still exists in any capacity more than say White Castle.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

Like a true rainbow, it starts in San Francisco and arches over middle America until it touches down in New York.

This seems familiar

Fried Chicken posted:

We had 100+ years of "no colored allowed" signs being fine and dandy, I don't see posting a "no gays allowed" sign having any more of an impact.

And as to Chik-fil-a they still saw a robust and continuing bump of support for being anti-gay even if they did stop directly funding anti-gay groups.

Woolworths isn't doing too hot today and they got their fair share of spite shoppers back in the day. Fun Fact, if you buy shoes from Foot Locker you're supporting a legacy of racism. Neat.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

Yelp activism is pretty stupid.

Bigots having to fear for the impact to their wallet is funny. Not that Memories Pizza is going to be seeing a dropoff in the surely massive* tide of tourism money they were receiving in whatever hole they sell grease, 3/4 of the people spamming that yelp wont even remember the name of that place in a week. Hell, I cant remember the name of that bakery that was poo poo talking the administration and had the same thing happen and that got a ton of play. For all I know I could unknowingly buy a muffin there tomorrow, I dont even remember where the stupid thing was.

*ha

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

This is why even Jan Brewer was smart enough to kill this crap in its infancy. Even if they back down now there is going to be billions of damages long term, bigots may be happy to shove chicken sandwiches in their faces but they don't have the monetary capital to enact the kind of destruction that you see when corporate sponsors are worried about having to put their PR people out there. Easier to relocate conferences, games, whatever rather than risk your bottom dollar.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

RevKrule posted:

I just don't understand this. If the bill is just a reproduction of the federal law, why pass it anyway? Don't local laws just inherit the laws above them if there's nothing set?

If you want it in line with the federal version, why not just not pass it, then you're covered under the federal version?

Yes, I understand this was a straight up hate bill the backfired magnificently in their faces

This is what it looks like when the roaches flee for the dark enclave under the refrigerator when the light comes on. He needs a reason for the bill to exist in the first place and it cant be the same reason it exits in Indiana (even though it is) so blame the Feds and hide behind the Feds at the same time and hope no one says anything.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

I work for a company that sells sports swag here in Indianapolis; I learned about it because I heard the boss screaming about it through the wall and googled to see

If Pence doesn't have a quick pen, and by the sounds of it he doesn't or doesn't really care that much, hopefully you can also work for a company that sells sports swag in not Indianapolis as well.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

God I hope a billion biggoted businesses speak out in support of the current bill before the wording is changed and their actions go back to being illegal. Its just ripe for so many life ending massive judgments the second they gently caress up after going on record like that, please please.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

A Winner is Jew posted:

The majority of liberal white people still don't really like black people, it's just that they realize you can't treat them like second class citizens. I mean really, how many liberal white people that you know would be totally cool living in a black neighborhood, or having a black family move in next to them?

Most liberal white people are cool with the gays though so it's way less of an issue.

I can say that Harlem is gentrifying but its mostly other minorities and French people that cant afford to live under 100th rather than american born cookie cutter liberal white folks. There's a small subset of white people that have moved in from other states that realize that rent control knows no skin color and live like kings (Im totally a reverse carpetbagger) but yeah in general the typical liberals are terrified of being up here and cluster together in Brooklyn but not that side of Brooklyn. Racism is alive and well in very political ideology, self awareness or at least the desire to offset their own horrific views with government programs is about the only difference.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

zoux posted:

Paleoconservatives those are the ones that eat only meat and nuts right?

Please don't test my highminded ideals with such a tempting gay joke setup.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Accretionist posted:

One of American politics' greatest ironies. It's ridiculous. You can't reduce teen pregnancies by telling kids contraception doesn't work. That's some white-is-black, up-is-down level batshittery.

Its also the worst sales pitch ever. You have 2 options to try to sell to these horny little bastards.

a. Never have sex even though you want to 24/7 and will spend the next few years thinking of nothing else
b. Have lots of sex, go for it, its fun and just do it, all you have to do is wear this one incredibly cheap and easy to procure thing, it fits in your wallet if you want.

I wonder which will be more effective :ohdear:

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

Memories Pizza has been receiving death, arson, and bomb threats all day and is presently saying they may never open again, thus reminding us all that the real ideology of internet activists is "it's ok when I do it"

Truly they are the Job of the modern day, blessed be their pizza hole.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

How much do you like corn?

in the year 2050 the smell of popcorn has gone from delightful movie treat to hellish gruel substitute. Lets all go to the lobby and get ourselves malnutrition.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Why move? Do the above and claim you were put out of business by the "gay agenda," acquire a few media contracts to defend RFRA, and become a regular talking head.

go too far, say something outwardly racist or even more indefensibly homophobic, lose everything, die irrelevant and broke.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Fox News contributor (whatever their name is), former owner of Memories Pizza has a certain ring to it

You think Fox, purveyor of blonds with exposed legs for 6 months until they are considered old and haggard, are going to put a ugly snaggletoothed religious loose canon on the air? Shes not a man or pretend political rep, she has no future as any kind of figurehead.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Freakazoid_ posted:

I'd like to see what life is like for regular millionaires and their families vs lottery winners, I bet there's quite a bit of overlap.

I don't see why it isn't easy to not spend that pile of money, but I do figure there's some issue with opportunists and how your family reacts. Suddenly I realize why rich people would be such cold hearted assholes.

Regular millionaires blow money just as stupidly but have built in mechanisms already in place to replenish their bank account after the impulse second wine cellar. Until they dont, and then they become po folks and their money filters up into the highest income brackets instead. Eventually like 100 people have all the money, we get sick of it and kill them once the problem has become quantifiable enough to count the number of targets on the back of a public school education and we can start anew.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Bo confuses the right because he is a black Obama that is Portuguese, not Kenyan, confusing their entire belief system. Bad bo, wheres the birth certificate.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

No, its perfectly valid, he was gay at the time (and every time since). How much progress in this country is destroyed by self hating gays that wander into the wrong church?

Luigi Thirty posted:

When you believe that homosexuality is a choice, presumably.

Surely you mean when you want other people to believe that? Self deception is a hell of a drug but the boner dont lie, he knows which way that sucker points and there's no choice in it.

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 6, 2015

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Ted Cruz is very scared of bees aparently

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Anime Curator posted:

Not sure how happy I am about Hillary Clinton almost being unopposed as the Democrat presidential nominee. I mean, I honestly don’t think I want to vote for her. Just gotta see if the Republicans get a reasonable nominee. Otherwise, I’ll probably vote for an independent candidate.

I swear to gently caress if you Nader lovers put another Bush in the White house I will personally murder you one by one.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Why does Rand Paul have Hillary's e-mail server hard drives? Is he allowed to sell government evidence? If not, I'm pretty sure this is a clear case of selling under false pretenses!

No those are totally her server HDDs. IDE... conusmer level.. server HDDs. LIMITED TIME ONLY

Seriously isnt this supposed to have a big ol "NOVELTY ITEM" somewhere on the page or? also, a 100 dollar broken novelty hard drive.... really?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Quidam Viator posted:

douchecanoe.

This seems wildy impractical, the concave surface where you sit would just encourage liquids to spray every witch way, diluting the entire effect of the concentrated stream of cleanliness. I mean, its not like you're going to pack little people into your douche, why would you make this design change? Or to the opposite, why would you make an entire canoe out of a douche, nothing about the design is even the slightest bit seaworthy, we have plenty of reliable seaworthy designs already. Maybe like.. a douche pontoon? But Canoe? Seriously now, this is just horrible planning.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

zoux posted:

Mars Squid.

Wait yeah whats that about liquid brine on Mars?! Like, historical traces or did they find honest to god water based liquid on the surface soaked into the soil now? Because that would be huge, between this and that likely geyser they spotted a few years back things are looking real good for at least isolated water deposits there.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

withak posted:

That may be the worst wearing of a hard hat that I've ever seen.

Seen on left show off the logo, seen on right: Dont gently caress up the hair skull protection is secondary.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Amergin posted:

Or they'll just let the left devolve into a pragmatism versus idealism civil war and laugh gleefully as they watch, as the left has been doing these past few years while the tea partiers and RINOs duke it out.

Part b precludes option a. The GOP is not sitting back and laughing at anyone, they are observing their own internal rifts with abject horror, the quibbles on the left are not even on their radar at the moment.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

PerpetualSelf posted:

Why are americans loving pussies when it comes to anything.

Wah wah a gyrocopter were all gonna die.

If that had been a suicide bomber and had ended up killing all the congressmen that would of only been a improvement. gently caress those turds.

Are you the Dr Lexus from Idiocracy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

:stare:

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly despise Randy any more than I already do.

I read Koch bros, then I read lobbied against special interests, the only other thing I remember is a loud ringing noise and vomiting.

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 16, 2015

• Locked thread