Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
As a Dutch person, I'd like to both laugh at you guys and offer you a sincere apology. Our most (in)famous politician, Geert Wilders, is going to visit your fair country to (presumably) throw some oil on several fires.

What brings Wilders to the States, you ask? Well, he was invited!

By whom, you ask? By Louie Gohmert and Steve King, of course!

From Geert's own little blog, I bolded the most hilarious/unbelievable part.

quote:

Geert Wilders MP, leader of the Dutch Party for Freedom (PVV), will hold two speeches in Washington DC in late April for members of the US Congress.

On Wednesday April 29th, he will speak at a reception offered to him by Congressman Louie Gohmert (R, TX).
That same day, he speaks at the invitation of Congressman Steve King (R, IA) at the breakfast meeting of members of the US Congress belonging to the renowned Conservative Opportunity Society, a group founded in 1984 by Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Wilders: "I feel deeply honored by the invitations. In my speeches I will warn my American colleagues of the dangers of Islamization."

After his visit to Washington, Geert Wilders travels to Garland, Texas, where on May 3rd he will give a speech and award a prize of $10,000 for the best Muhammad cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Isn't this guy super racist? Is there some smoking gun of blatant racism that Americans might not know about that could be spread around to shame Gohmert and King?

Just right off the bat, I don't think Gohmert and King know the meaning of the word shame.

As for Wilders, he is good friends with Pamela Gellar and Ayaan Hirshi Ali. And he is honored about being invited by Gohmert and King. What's that saying about 'the company you keep'?

Wilders always claims his crusade (heh) is against Islam, not any particular race. However, after an election last year, he did accidentally let his inside voice take over for a second.

He asked his xenophobic supporters if they wanted 'more or fewer Moroccans in the country'. Being the bigoted pricks they are, they started chanting 'fewer, fewer, fewer' at the top of their lungs. He replied by saying "then we're going to make that happen" (even though he can't, but what do the rubes know...?).

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

(Primary) Quote of the day: "I wish her well in this race and I look forward to being able to stay well away from it.” - John Kerry, on Clintons entry into the presidential race.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Joementum posted:

Y'all should follow more government Flickr and Instagram accounts.

Who's the lady in anaphylactic shock?

richardfun fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Apr 16, 2015

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Everblight posted:

Literally every other country combined has less Naval power than the US.

My favorite semi-'Murrca fact is that the largest air force in the world is the USAF (big surprise), but the second-largest air force is the US Navy.

Not that I don't trust you, but do you have a source for that little nugget?

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Joementum posted:

My favorite part of the WHCD was every shot of Wolf Blitzer not laughing on C-SPAN.

Too bad they got a thoroughly unfunny comedian this year. I felt like even the jokes that sounded like they'd read good on paper landed flat because of the delivery.

I rewatched the Joel McHale one afterwards. Now that was a funny set.

Wolf Blitzer refused to laugh in that one too.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, "Winning GOP message: Against anarchy & chaos, at home & abroad. Cheney-Giuliani 2016 probably too much to hope for...But if not them, who?" ~ Bill Kristol.

I know this is a high bar to clear, but that might be the most ludicrous idea Bill Kristol has ever had.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Joementum posted:

Yeah, but we should be clear that if those kids ate Obama for lunch, Joe Biden would be President, via the process described in the 25th amendment, so Obama was lying to them.

Obama lied, children('s dreams) died.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

UberJew posted:

Honestly the reconstruction amendments were such a dramatic change of form and nature of the US government that it wouldn't be unreasonable to point to 1870 or so and say that's the start of continuous government, but I think that still leaves it as one of the oldest governments.

The Netherlands would like a word with you. We've had our current system (constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary democracy) since 1814.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Joementum posted:

You just need to see all the clues, man. Then it becomes obvious what's really going on.

Clogs? I didn't know my government was secretly pulling the strings in the White House.

Good, we never should've sold New York. All of North America could've been ours! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Joementum posted:

Not in the White House, but Members of Congress did hear from a representative of your government yesterday.

Ho ho ho, not our government. Parliament, and nobody except his own party members want to have much to do with him.

He released a statement a while back saying he was proud and honoured to be invited by his hosts. Louie Gohmert invited him.

And he had a date with Pamela Geller too. :negative:

• Locked thread