Accretionist posted:

From the end of last thread, I thought this deserved more attention:

Article: Texas measure cuts HIV funds, boost abstinence education
From: ABC News
Date: April 1, 2015

An appropriate response.

Awesome.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Press conferences later today probably.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
C-SPAN feed live for non-cable subscribers.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Poor man's Rick Santorum.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So is there an actual chance that the GOP fucks this deal up?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Are members of Congress allowed to introduce legislation that would declare war on a country that the Executive Branch is presently engaged in diplomatic talks with?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

Sure. Congressmen can introduce whatever bill want and say whatever they want in congress, speech and debate clause.

Besides, you know you can be in diplomatic talks with countries that you have declared war on, right?
I meant the kind of diplomatic talks that involve not going to war in the first place.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

The real question is whether there is a veto proof majority in Congress to reimpose the sanctions regime on Iran, which would kill this deal. Probably not, but we'll find out later this year.
...what do you mean probably not??? Don't you mean "hahahaha of course there isn't the GOP could kill this deal but not like that."

  • Locked thread