Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bitcoin bastard posted:

I am curious, are there like 4 different photographers they are looking at?

Probably yea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Completely absurd, but also understandable. It's what the Republicans were promising their constituents they would do and lo, they did it. An excellent reflection on the priorities of that party.

Pretty much, it was dumb but they spent so much time saying "WE'RE GONNA DO IT JUST WATCH" they kinda had to. That's why they've been more cagey about saying the I word with Obama.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sorus posted:

Yeah, because the best way to deal with the people killing you is to make them angry.

Yea they were JUST about to stop killing people until this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil_Greven posted:

Reminder that this poo poo happened even to white people all across the country during the Occupy movement, and nobody seemed to give a poo poo then.

Are you loving kidding me? When that dude maced a row of white kids who were cuffed it was universally condemned even by people on the right except for the most terrible shitbags. The general violence was also condemned heavily. People gave way more a poo poo about some trust fund Maoist getting his tent kicked over than this poo poo. Plus it wasn't used as an example for how white people, on the whole, are just filthy monkey people who need to learn their place.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Khisanth Magus posted:

I love all the people talking about Japan whitewashing what happened in ww2 because it's not like we live in a country that has always done it's best to whitewash and pretend it really want as bad as some people say for things like our treatment of the native Americans, slavery, internment camps for japanese-americans in ww2, and all the other crap that we as a nation have done that we do our best to ignore or pretend it wasn't that bad, and that is how it is passed on to the next generation. Is Japan different because they didn't win and only the victors get to rewrite history?

Except for the fact that while we have plenty of shitbags who say 'ya know slavery wasn't that bad' but still teach that yes we enslaved black people. This is pretty different from an active government denial of multiple war crimes including poo poo like 'comfort women' who's children never saw any acknowledgement or compensation because of this.

• Locked thread