Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Xibanya posted:

I posted this in the last thread but it was buried under a sea of dorks telling boring 9/11 stories.

Koch brothers caught impersonating randos in order to make it seem like more people hate net neutrality than actually exist:

http://politi.co/1GdSMh7

You can bet this has happened before and they haven't been caught, and you can bet this will happen again. You can also bet that this will never become a major news story and will slowly slide into the memory hole.

This kind of stuff always brings an old Bill Hicks routine to mind, where he was talking about the LAPD cops that beat Rodney King having balls so big they needed a wheelbarrow to carry them around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I thought I'd drop a little local shenanigans here.

Ernie Chambers is north Omaha's Senator, and has been since 1971. He was big in the north Omaha community prior to that, and did a lot to champion civil rights for black Nebraskans.

A few weeks ago, in some committee meeting he said "my ISIS is the police," in response to someone who said, no poo poo, ISIS is a reason to expand gun carry rights in Nebraska. Chambers' response was characteristically Chambers.

He has, if you may gather, not apologized, and in fact doubled down. There's now a ton of weird procedural slapfights going on over this, and I would just recommend the Nebraska Republicans drop it because if anyone knows the legislative arcana, it's Ernie Chambers who is probably going to try to make everyone's lives a living hell until they stop their mad crusade to get him to apologize for something he is clearly never going to apologize for (he in fact just sang in front of the Unicameral and delayed a bunch of bills in retaliation for retaliation against him).

Local politics :downs:

Build a goddamned statue of that man. How have I never heard of him before?

I hope they keep asking him about it forever.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Do the Germans have a word for when something is really insignificant but at the same time deeply satisfying?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ZenVulgarity posted:

The Holocaust

:yikes:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ZenVulgarity posted:

Can't wait for someone to mark 'gay as hell'

No no, it's "Gay? As all hell."

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

CannonFodder posted:

If he was going to that club in the late 90s, he must have met Mahogany.

I imagine he has met a lot of mahogany.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

zoux posted:

Here's an idea, what if all the poor people just loving died? Just like, and hear me out, what if they just all loving starved to death and died?

*debate audience cheers*

efb goddamnit

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Sir Tonk posted:

Great, now Rand Paul is going to win.

I'm a little worried because Bill Kristol appears to have said something that will not turn out to have been wrong. My world is crumbling.

Bring me the latest tweet of Dick Morris, that I may be soothed again.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

anonumos posted:

The gays live in Hollywood, Wilton Manors, and West Palm. They only visit Key West now; it is inhabited by the aforementioned Parrotheads. In many ways Key West has gone way downhill...

That's because everyone with half a brain has noticed that Duval St. is going to be ankle-deep by 2050. Hell, it already is when a storm blusters through once a week. One time I got caught out in it and was simply forced (forced, I tell you) to remain in an all-you-can-eat crab leg buffet for two hours.

It turns out I can eat several pounds of crab legs when the pressure is on.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Of course this thread talks for multiple pages about the wife and her perfectly irrelevant prenatal needs instead of, you know, the cop who just murdered a guy in high definition.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Gas thread, ban everyone.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rygar201 posted:

This gimmick would own, someone do it

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

chitoryu12 posted:

I read someone making a point about all the "Women can't lead our country! What if she gets on her period and nukes Russia?" misogyny by pointing out that during menstruation, women's hormones are at their closest to the typical male levels. As such, using their logic, post-menopausal women like Hilary Clinton are the only people suitable to govern the United States.

:thurman:

What a rich soufflé of misogyny and myopia awaits us. I can hardly contain my glee.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

BougieBitch posted:

Get the guy who beat Dark Souls with a Rock Band controller on the phone, we need to save the world :911:

Pics or it didn't happen.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

:vince:

I think I'm changing my vote for next November.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

CheesyDog posted:

Accelerationism is premised on encouraging the GOP to be so openly spiteful and horrible that they completely alienate the American voting public; thus there is no sounder strategy for an accelerationist than supporting Hillary Clinton because the GOP will throw every nasty bit of misogyny and vitriol they have at her up to the point of ripping of their own dicks to have one last thing to fling.

Men are only 47% of the electorate (there's that number again!) so I am all in favor of some rank misogyny driving a few percentage points' worth of women to the Democratic total.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Amergin posted:

Or they'll just let the left devolve into a pragmatism versus idealism civil war and laugh gleefully as they watch, as the left has been doing these past few years while the tea partiers and RINOs duke it out.

Amergin posted:

past few years

Oh, I think we've been gnawing at our own limbs far longer than that. At least since the 19th century, give or take.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Amergin posted:

Progressivism is constantly trying to throw things at problems, usually money. Conservatism is thinking twice before you throw those things and trying to find out exactly who is throwing what for how much cost and at whom.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

withak posted:

"Birac Uboma" has one "O", "Marco Rubio" has two.

edit: See also the number of As: Worst Anagram Ever

Good God that is a horrific attempt at an anagram. A shame because it would have been a Sensible Chuckle if it had worked.

Marco Bubia.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ReidRansom posted:

Not gonna happen. I firmly believe in a big crunch.

Nope. You can trust me, I'm a cosmologist. Lambda's going to win.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rincewinds posted:

Can mischlinges poor people become Honorary Americans under his purity rules?

Edit: It's fake, it is a satirical page. If it hadn't been, I think even some things are too much for republicans, at least when it can hurt elections.

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/Satire-strikes-again-Dont-trust-everything-you-read-online-idaho-news-288879671.html

I don't know about you guys, but Poe's Law was in full effect for me. I had no trouble believing that Otter would say those things, no trouble at all. "Par for the course" is the phrase that comes to mind.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

drakegrim posted:

every race is racist, i have seen more racism in the black community, but i have meet a lot of great black Americans as well.

If anything, Asians have more right to be racist... they clearly look much different then everyone else, and they where enslaved longer then every race combined and treated like poo poo.

We got one, Paw! Fetch the shovel, careful it don't bite ye!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Zelder posted:

Actually nope, Amergin just said that racism in the past doesn't count. We can only talk about present day racism, because the incredibly racist legacies of actions and parties don't count.

Also it's much harder to find racist/bigoted quotes from present-day conservatives.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Zelder posted:

I call my white friend a cracker jokingly from time to time, and we laugh, but he would never ever call me a friend of the family because I'd rightly beat his rear end.

It's impossible to hurt someone's feelings by calling them a cracker, it's just too silly.

It's almost as if bigotry draws its strength solely from institutionalized and culturally-entrenched racism. I wonder if anyone has ever had this thought before.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

JT Jag posted:

Death to America is basically how they say "good morning" over there.

I mean, not to put too fine a point on it, but having your socially-responsible democracy overthrown by foreign entities, to be replaced by a monarchy that wasn't strong enough to hold off theocratic goons without the help of those same foreign entities, I can see how that would engender a bit of lasting animosity.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I can't even stand Scalia when he's writing tepid praise of a woman who is a thousand times better on her worst day than he is on his best.

I'm sorry, I know I say that a lot, it's like a compulsion for me and I don't feel right until I've gotten it off my chest.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Joementum posted:

45 years ago today.

Three Men And A Baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Amergin posted:

There's a reason you're kept in the ghetto.

I think you've been doing this so long that you actually think this way now. You might want to watch that.

• Locked thread