Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So this guy seems to think Kansas' trickle-down policies have been an indisputable success:

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/033115-745978-kansas-job-creating-machine-shows-that-tax-cuts-work.htm

Worth mentioning is what was not mentioned: any talk about the magic of tax cuts increasing revenues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

A Winner is Jew posted:

Isn't this the rag that Ramirez does cartoons for?

Yup.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, "Neville Chamberlain got a better deal from Adolf Hitler." ~ Senator Mark Kirk.

Night? It's still only 4 PM in Cali.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Has this been posted? Cause it's glorious:

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/04/watch-pat-buchanan-school-hannity-iran

Hannity's such a twat.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

The only glint of hope I see in that stupid anti-gay pizza gofundme conservative backlash thing is that someone like Joe the Plumber couldn't make a living on his right-wing idiocy and had to get a union job to support himself. :lol:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Stereotype posted:

Joe the Plumber was the weirdest person for the right to latch on to since every single one of the things that made him famous resulted in Democrats looking smarter and more responsible.

Counterpoint: Sarah Palin

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

If Obama works a 'the next six months will be critical' into it I'll bump his presidential ranking above Lincoln.

So he'll be even more hated among Republicans than he already is? :v:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I accept the fact that Cruz may actually be a supremely knowledgeable person (dude did go to Harvard and Princeton, after all) but my problem has always been that none of that poo poo matters when you decide to become a Republican presidential nominee*. I mean, what's the benefit of getting a PhD in geology from MIT if you still happen to be an avowed flat Earther?

*or really just anything related to being a Republican in general

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

Paul Nitze went to Harvard. McGeorge Bundy and Samuel Huntington went to Yale and taught at Harvard. Walt Rostow went to Yale and was a Rhodes Scholar.
Paul Wolfowitz went to Cornell. Rumsfeld went to Princeton. Paul Bremer went to Harvard and Yale.

I'm not sure what an Ivy Leage education actually means but it sure doesn't mean that the person is in any way competent.

What I meant was that most of them are knowledgeable, it's just that they don't give a poo poo about anything they learned.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

And this is supposed to be the jenius of the Republican field:

quote:

[Q]: A third Texas president, L.B.J., created Medicare in the mid-'60s. Your hero Ronald Reagan campaigned vigorously against that, saying it would lead to socialized medicine, would end liberty in the United States. Who was right: L.B.J. or Reagan?

[Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz]: It's not worth tilting at windmills. I don't know. I wasn't alive then.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/04/09/1376698/-Good-news-Ted-Cruz-recuses-self-from-having-opinions-on-anything-that-happened-before-1970

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

Please do not ask Ted Cruz about events prior to 1970.

Also, too, when Ted Cruz was born he was entitled to lifelong socialized medicine, so why should he have to take a position on Medicare?

Yes, let's ignore Mr. Interweb posting the same thing several pages prior.

This isn't the first time you've stolen my glory, Joementum. :mad:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So I think I got a pretty good idea of what the Iran deal consists of, so is it safe to say that Romney's a moron?

quote:

WALLACE: Yes. So, let me ask you a foreign policy question because you've been quite critical of President Obama's negotiation with Iran.

And what I want to ask you is, what's the alternative, if on the one hand you have the deal that the president seems to be working out with the Iranians right now, and on the other hand, you have taking military action to try to degrade or destroy Iran's nuclear infrastructure -- what's the alternative in terms of finding a way to a deal that there's any realistic chance that the Iranian leaders will accept?

ROMNEY: Well, first of all, you have to have effective negotiators and President Obama and John Kerry have been amateur negotiators, have not done the job they should have done.

But the alternative is pretty straight forward, that is to return to put in place more and more crippling, tightening sanctions so that Iran feels more and more pressure and is more willing to come to the bargaining table, willing to give things up as opposed to us going to the bargaining table and giving things up.

Look, the president was saying there's no reason for Iran to have Fordow, for instance, which is developing advanced nuclear technology and plutonium. And he was right. I mean, he drew a red line.

But, you know, there doesn't seem to be a read line the president meets that he is not willing to walk away from. And this is another circumstance where he's walking away from that, just trying to get a deal done and a bad deal is not as good as no deal.

And the right thing to do is to cripple -- cripple them with tougher sanctions, bring them back to the negotiating table six months or year from now and get the kind of agreement that doesn't do what happened with North Korea. Don't forget what we're doing is going down the same path we went with North Korea. North Korea now has a bomb. They also have technology they send to others around the world. This deal that the president has laid out is not the kind of deal that will protect us and protect the world.

1. The U.S. didn't give up anything in this deal and pretty much all concessions were on Iran's part.
2. We already enacted crippling sanctions on Iran, that's why they came to the negotiation table to begin with!
3. If Iran tries to renege on their agreement to be inspected and reduce their uranium (or is it plutonium?) stockpiles, the sanctions go back into place.
4. North Korea got nukes on a Republican president's watch.

Did I get any of that wrong?

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 12, 2015

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I haven't been following this story closely, but Is there any real difference between the supposed deals being done with Clinton Foundation scandal and foreign companies, and any other situation that's been allowed under Citizens United?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

duz posted:

Well the Clinton Foundation is a global charity that does some decent NGO style third world charity work whereas Citizens United has nothing to do with that.

Well what I mean is how Clinton getting money from some corporation(s) any different than any other politician getting donations from other corporations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

quote:

Speaking to members of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the media, Cruz pointedly attacked the president for repeated missed opportunities to lead on race issues since he came into office.

"He's made decisions that I think have inflamed racial tensions -- that have divided us rather than bring us together," the Texas senator said. […]

Cruz could offer no specific examples on what he could do as President to address the tensions among minority communities when he was pressed.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/29/politics/ted-cruz-obama-racial-tensions-election-2016/index.html

Ugh, that video. Cruz is a terrible speaker who thinks of himself as a great speaker.

• Locked thread