Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I had forgotten how messed up the Terry Schiavo situation was. I happened to catch Maddow last night who was comparing Jeb Bush's involvement in the Schiavo case to Mike Pence's current situation.

I was not as tuned in politically when that thing went down but in retrospect it seems pretty gross. It also seems like the epitome of government getting involved in peoples personal lives. I'd like to think that situation that would ruin any shot Jeb would have at the presidency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

lamentable dustman posted:

Update on Todd Kincannon (former South Carolina GOP head and douche bag) story from last months thread. He was arrested for criminal domestic violence while they are working on kidnapping charge.

http://www.wistv.com/story/28734435/attorney-former-sc-gop-chair-arrested-on-cdv-complaint

So it seems he is a crazy as he seems to be on twitter...weird.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Shear Modulus posted:

Guys I'm super far behind in the thread but can someone who's more knowledgeable of the circumstances help me figure out something that's baffling me about the latest murder-by-cop? In the video how the hell do the cops not see the guy that's filming them? It looks like he's just across the street and he moves all over the place.

It seems the shooter may not have seen him until he the partner showed up and even if he saw the guy filming before then the shooter was still finishing up his handcuffing and evidence tampering so he couldn't have done much. The filmer was on the other side of a fence and there are lots of trees so it seems he could have kind of hid behind trees while still filming. I think once the other officer arrived they were too wrapped up in the moment to try to harass the guy filming.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Trabisnikof posted:

I prefer to use the 2009 example where NYPD had an officer involuntarily committed as suicidal because he had recorded corruption in his precinct: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Schoolcraft

Adrian was lucky his dad used to be a cop and had the connections to find out where he Adrian had been involuntary committed to, otherwise he might have been gone for good.

If you have not listened to the This American Life podcast about this you should do it. The recording of when Adrian's superior pays him a visit at home is absolutely chilling.

Here's the link, it's the 2nd Act: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/414/right-to-remain-silent

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
His wife and child having health insurance until the child is born is the least of my concerns with this story, in fact I'm glad they still have coverage. They didn't murder anyone.

• Locked thread