Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Queehrmacht rolls through GOPoland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Spaceman Future! posted:

Yeah, and like a rainbow it starts in the west coast, arches over the entire country and lands somewhere in the northeast.

Fire Island.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm planning my wedding with my fiancee and I don't think we've ever been asked what kind of couple we are. I mean we're a straight couple, but when I've called places no one has asked, "are you one of them gay couples?"
So is this pizza place doing that? To every customer? Seems like bad business. "Thank you for calling Memories Pizza, May I take your order, unless your gay?"

I imagine the proprietors of Memories Pizza think all gay people talk like Paul Lynnde.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I would be very surprised if this bill isn't neutered into zero effect or repealed in the upcoming days. I don't think supporters thought that there would be this much backlash.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dad, why did you bring me to a gay pizza parlor?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This has really got to piss off the city as they specifically passed anti-gay discrimination laws.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

The governor of Arkansas ordered the legislature rethink the religious freedom bill BEFORE he signed it? So Arkansas > Indiana now?

What the gently caress is the statutory criteria for "rethinking".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Salon did an overall on the Reid mobster conspiracy theory that some of us were joking about yesterday.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Paleoconservatives those are the ones that eat only meat and nuts right?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Any reason to think that this was anything more than a mischecked box?

That being said, if Hillary had done something similar, oh the fair and balanced reporting that would result.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Petr posted:

ITT white liberals with bellies full of beef, fresh produce, and flavored vitamin water use their smartphones to post about how poo poo life is and how hosed are the middle class.

Hell, we better all shut the gently caress up then.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Get hype yall

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

Will he have a catchy song like his father?

I'm sure they are trying to find one that ironically espouses the exact opposite positions as Rand that will also result in the artist asking for the Paul campaign to stop using the song.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wish I knew what the Dems' was going to look like other than Hillary Hillary Hillary.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gravel Gravy posted:

I love Twitter for its ease in getting people to say stupid things and let it proliferate.

Rubin has the WaPo oped page for that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Judith MIller has a new oped in the WSJ about :qq:

quote:

Years would pass before U.S. soldiers found remnants of some 5,000 inoperable chemical munitions made before the first Gulf War that Saddam claimed to have destroyed. Not until 2014 would the U.S. learn that some of Iraq’s degraded sarin nerve agent was purer than Americans had expected and was sickening Iraqi and American soldiers who had stumbled upon it.

By then, however, most Americans had concluded that no such weapons existed. These were not new chemical arms, to be sure, but Saddam Hussein’s refusal to account for their destruction was among the reasons the White House cited as justification for war.

It's all lolworthy but especially the assertion that degraded chemical weapons that the Bush administration knew about before the fact but determined that they would not be a useful argument in favor of invading Iraq were the WMDs we were after.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uhhhh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

Ah, the "I'm not a liar, I'm just terrible at my job" defense.

It's like she saw all the controversy over the RS piece and was like, hey, you think THAT'S questionable journalism?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah presidential debates aren't really about "good arguments" or "skill".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Continental...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

Well, it comes from the French campagne and only officially got the 'i' in English usage with Samuel Johnson's dictionary in 1755.

For example, Samuel Pepys in his diary of June 28, 1667:

Oh god it's John Kerry all over again.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

Or another famous Presidential candidate from Massachusetts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hjgzXFLcrE

Mon dieu :monocle: 'E is, 'ow you say, une fille 'omme...a ah...."little girly man", n'cest pas?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Conservatives believe that all of our problems are caused by system abuse and government waste because if it turned out that "welfare" programs were actually good and helpful and compassionate then we might have to pay for them and raise taxes :ohdear:

Education is fine!!! You just want to throw money at the problem!!!! Edward James Olmos educated all those kids and he didn't get extra money!!! All teachers should be like that!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Phone posted:

Sorry zoux, you're going to have to pay a fine for saying "raise taxes".

Fines and fees, these are not taxes!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

There seems to be this implicit belief among conservatives that if you defund systems they will magically fix themselves to be more efficient.

The only thing that is not wrong with all government agencies/programs is funding. We need an It's a Wonderful Life Special Operations Team to kidnap conservatives while they sleep and put them in completely immersive VR simulations of the actual world they want to build and the end result of their policies so they can see what hell they would bring.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

I wonder if conservatives will change up the type of cards used for SNAP and WIC benefits soon. In October everyone will have to use chip and signature/pin and they will no longer be able to quickly identify whether the person in front of them is someone just using a debit card or a filthy poor who they can sneer at for buying the decadent heavy syrup variety of canned peaches.

A good work around for this is to assume all minorities are on welfare.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's an idea, what if all the poor people just loving died? Just like, and hear me out, what if they just all loving starved to death and died?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You guys remember in the primaries last cycle when they had a debate and one of the moderators asked "What should these people, without health insurance, do" and some people in the audience yelled out "Let them die". That happened right, that wasn't some satire move I saw?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Wasn't it an actual for real candidate for President of the United States that basically said 'let them die' to wild cheers and applause?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PepQF7G-It0

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's weird how many doctors are rabid rightwingers.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

http://wonkette.com/582060/obama-teaches-republicans-lesson-on-presidenting-for-dummies

Calling out Walker is pretty good, although he should've included the ISIS remark as well.

I disagree because Walker being in a battle of words with Obama raises his national profile.
[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/btN6GjV.png)

He needs to be battling with Rand and Ted Cruz, help them move up the ranks.

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 7, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who's vision of the future is making Anime real?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It broke the Lewinsky stuff and it's been coasting on that cachet since.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The left needs to just loving drop gun control. In addition to polarizing centrists who like guns, it's actively counterproductive, because we need to be arming and training the poor (especially poor minorities). Anyone who wants guns to be banned is forgetting that laws don't apply to our real enemies; it'll just widen the force gap between them and us.

They largely have.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

JT Jag posted:

well regulated militia.

Weird. Did you coin that term? I've never seen it before?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

GG 1960s/1970s Boston:

This guy was just into really ironic and cutting political satire.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Popular Thug Drink posted:

You can also see him zoom in pretty far at the beginning of the clip, which is why the clip is so bouncy and ill-framed.

Someone on reddit did do a bit of stablization though:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I know it's a crime for a citizen in probably all jurisdictions, but is filing a false report as a police officer actually a criminal matter or an administrative one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Only if you can prove without a doubt that the officer knowingly and intentionally filed it as false, which is really hard to do

I mean his partner was standing right there and watched him drop the Taser.

• Locked thread