Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

schmarson posted:

In France on April Fools' Day, the French would tape paper fish to the backs of their victims as a prank. When they discover the fish, the prankster would exclaim, "Poisson d'Avril!" or "April Fish!" Just thought you'd like to know!

In Finnish, when you've successfully pranked someone on April Fools', you'd chant (loosely translated) "aprilled, aprilled, eat herring, drink muddy water!" I wonder how many countries have fish in their April pranks?
I love how your goldfish seems to glow btw.

So for the longest time I thought that the pic I used as ref here (taken on our holiday) was taken at Scarlet Monastery.

I was kindly informed that the place is actually called The Abbey.
The Scarlet Monastery is a WoW raid. :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Combining my love of baby chickens with the architecture theme:

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

I love that you wrote it as "sammich" :3:

Haha! This is so adorable! I wanna boop that little nose, you did such a good job on it.

As for me.. HARPIES IN SPAAAACE!

This is what happens when you buy a spaceship from another species and need to get going real quick.
Tear out the seats and put your butt on the floor.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

..the hell, man?

I love that hairdo :allears: and I hope your family drama has settled down.

People in the UK could not understand my fascination with back alleys. We don't get weird little dark alleys growing moss and full of secret doors that no-one uses.

There's also chickens 'cause argh blargh buildings are a pain to draw on their own.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

This is freaking great. Old-style wrasslin', you nailed the greek feel (even without the dongs)

I forget where I stole this pic from, but what a glorified treehouse of a building, I want to live in it forever :allears:

This was my 20 mins of work today. Blerp.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Hey you forgot the most important part of a sun bear, here I helped:

(I'm really sorry)

Buildings? Nah man, dragons. DRAGONS.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
So who wouldn't want to own a huge chicken with their weird concrete house?

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

All animals should be more green. It looks like it wants to eat my face though :ohdear:

I love your classic hatch shading here.

I drew a battlechicken! :black101:

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Feeling super mature today.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Pick posted:

~just gay anime things~

I was gonna say "the world needs more gay anime things" but that's not really true. It's just me who needs more gay anime things.

I love the very fine shading you've got on the face, I wish you would've extended that to the hair. I also dig the victorienesque style.

bitmap posted:

A dumb tree for an idiot by an idiot. I hate it but I'm outta time.

No no no shhh shhh shhh no hate now only pink, soft lumpy plumpy love. :lovewcc: I would bounce on that tree any day.

Someone in the chicken thread wanted to see West Side Story but with chickens.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

:stwoon:
I'm so happy to see this. It is glorious.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Oh yeah, artsy *scroll* artsy *scroll* and then:

dong.

Elves have, like, 20 six-packs, right?

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

neonnoodle posted:

I'm working on a written tutorial about digital coloring and I wanted to get some folks who wouldn't mind submitting pieces for critique as part of the explanation. It could be old stuff that you hate or things you want help with or whatever.

You're gonna have too many Gallants from this lot; check out this one for a nice Goofus:

It's 13 years old, and showcases all the pitfalls of a first-time digital painter very well. After pretty much only watercolours it was freaking great to have all those bright sweet colours and I want them ALL HERE. There were no line-width controlling features back then, or I couldn't get them to work. Pressure sensitivity only "told" the program how dark it should make the colour, so I didn't get the variance and freedom in the linework I wanted. I didn't know how to work layers very well, so it's obvious backgrounds make a small "stop" near the character. Shading with pretty much only black. Only using the digital paintbrush for that extra blobby soft colouring that leaves everything shapeless! Leaving the background with "holes" in when I didn't give them a background colour, showing white through. Not knowing a goddamn thing about colour theory, I tried to capture the feel I wanted with the colour scheme alone, didn't even think I might want to consider stuff like lighting or colour perspective or anything. A good bad example.

I still struggle with colours 'cause they're all so pretty.

Also, Humboldt Squid? I love your paprika-baby aaaah it makes me feel fuzzy inside. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Aaaaaa I love this! "Son we're old money and you're gonna grow up to be a lawyer like your dad!" "No dad pls I'm tired of this poo poo" :yayclod:

• Locked thread