Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

If you shoot someone you're almost guaranteed to show up in court, so there's your deterrent right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Melthir posted:

What is your opinion of federal law enforcement officers like myself and why.

Gayyyyyy

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Wow that guy sure murdered the gently caress outa that kid. I wonder if he really did have the cops taser and was fleeing with it. Probably get in to big trouble for losing that, do gently caress it, kill the dude so you at least get a lawyer.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

AirCav58 posted:

As long as you take it before it gets logged and entered into evidence it shouldn't be a problem. I easily clear a few extra grand a month this way.

That's simply bush league compared to LeoMarr's side job.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

50 year old man described as "kid" by noted former cop goon professor gremlin

Oh I just assumed cops killed another kid, not my fault the MO changed.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Also the waitresses are 5's but as easy as 2's.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Who doesn't like donuts on their pancakes?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

Hey, beats the guy the local PD didn't fire until he got caught with meth and pot in his cruiser after doing a hit-and-run. Second accident on duty, too, and he's since been picked up from probation methed up high as a kite and is now doing jail time after this happening repeatedly.

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/...bation-problems

Must be nice to get literally All The Second Chances and gently caress up that specatacularly.

Haha we had a local sheriff with this same sort of story. Spent a few nights in the jail named after him, too.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

All carbs are bad

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Just go so you can lecture some loving 7 year old like you're at the end of a G.I. Joe cartoon.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Are you quoting from BSS?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

More riots when they're acquitted. Maybe they did something lovely (I think nickle rides are a little lovely), but there's not enough to convict them.

If it gets in to something like "He didn't commit a crime so the arrest is assault", there could be some big repercussions ten years after when gets to the Supreme Court.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Yea, I've helped load a lot of guys in to the Sheriff's van, I worked in a big city too, there's no way they get convictions. Especially not on those bike nerds.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Skoll posted:

What do you guys do when you have to arrest someone, but then they have to poo poo like RIGHT NOW? Do you guys just watch them as they do their business, make them take a dump/piss in the back of the cruiser, etc?

They can wait, but I never had a take home, so...

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Captain Bravo posted:

"Dispatch, call off the PD. These guys look like pussies, I think we can take them."

Um, that sounds exactly like Denver FD.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Wait, you're a fireman now?

You do know that cops have little to no medical training so when you ask for an evaluation of the scene you get exactly that. We can't call ems without getting asked a thousand questions about the patient. gently caress I don't know that's why I called the FD. Whether they're breathing, walking, talking, or bleeding is about the best you're gonna get.

My answer to "is he x'ing normally" was always "I don't know what he x's like normally"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

You wouldn't be afraid of IA if you didn't have anything to hide.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

That or a knee to the balls.

You just flick their eyeballs, that's the only way I was taught.

Sternum rub for waking up drunks, pinching the poo poo out of the inside of their bicep for females.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Captain Bravo posted:

Oh my god, watching that video is loving surreal. The whole time I was thinking, "Man, that voice sounds familiar... man, that place looks really familiar!"

Turns out, that's the shooting that went down in my town last month. The male officer is a friend of mine, and he was just cleared for shooting. That dude tried to shoplift from Wal-Mart, got caught in the act, so he walked to a nearby restaurant where they found him. The weapon he pulled is a BB gun.

Aww man, that's a bummer. I was hoping he was one of those guys that do those ridiculous close combat draws on YouTube and was just shown how bullshit they all are.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I don't think they will but lol that lawyer getting paaaid.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Christ no wonder you can't hold on to all your lovely colonies.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I make it a rule to never speak German around dogs. Everything the handlers say speak German and I just assumed that every German word means "bite a minority".

I'm white so I'm probably safe, just wanna make sure.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Oh you're being oppressed? Welcome to the club.

*thunk*

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

DA's prejudice is gonna get a murderer off scott free lol.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

frajaq posted:

Watching that Raymond Tensing video. Doesn't police patrols in duos? If yes why didn't his buddy help him handle the situation with the driver

Too busy thinking "No way is he gonna shoot this guy"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

We had a detox van run by a local place that would be run by EMTs. They were way rougher than the EMTs and loved fighting. I've seen them give a few nickle rides, as well. Also one of the girls had one arm and would put a glove on her stump.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Volume posted:

Do cop goons here think legalizing weed would make them better able to deal with real crimes or would it just cause mad max in the streets?

I was a cop in a state that legalized weed and the amount of poo poo that was relieved was ALMOST enough for me not to quit. Legalized weed is a godsend.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Do you toke up with the cool kids after class or what?

No I'm a nerd and thinks it smells gross, I abuse prescription pain killers like all the other responsible adults.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Branis posted:

Still ashamed that I donated to that.

Haha holy poo poo you are one dumb loving redneck.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Also buy your own vest, drat. Sounds like that lady was wearing department issued stuff which usually gives you some weird looking belly ledge.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

JayKay posted:

Too bad that for the majority of teachers, that 3 months is unpaid. :v:

Nope, it's all year round most places, which is kinda dope not wearing pants for like a month and getting paychecks. I'll probably still bag groceries at Safeway in the summer though, for clichés sake.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Also I have two kids. I'm a failure from top to bottom.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Paycheck doesn't coincide with cherry picked stats, time to complain to the union!

DrakeriderCa posted:

wtf how do you even get a $150k/yr pension

Teflon Don posted:

Cop wrong. So what

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

This is stills the drunk thread right? Celebrating a friends birthday and I really miss you guys!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

gently caress that, public education is more like Jesus than cops and I'm nothing if not Godly.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Oh man I must have been really drunk I don't even like Jesus.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I always told people they're supposed to update their license after major weight fluctuations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I happened to use Slav as a pejorative today and was informed that Polacks are indeed Slavic.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Hitting people straight in the loving knees with a baton is pretty satisfying. So are phrases like "I aimed my strike to the meary part of the thigh bjt due to the suspect's continued resistance the baton landed on the outside of the knee, causing the suspect to fall."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Water777 posted:

what kind of shitstorm would you be in if you cuffed a hand to an ankle?

I wrastled with a dude after the first cuff went on who was much bigger and better than me and got cuffed him to a bike rack because it was the closet thing available. Then just chilled until backup came. No disciplinary action so I guess it's okay as long as you articulate!

• Locked thread