Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Equine Don posted:

Aren't you sheriff of some tiny rear end town though?

Sheriff's departments are county, not city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Equine Don posted:

Our Sheriff serves papers and nothing more. I live in an rear end backwards county so idk

They should deal with all rural crimes or crimes in towns without municipal police departments

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

shortspecialbus posted:

If you pull someone over who has a CCW and they're up front and polite about the whole thing, are you more likely to give them a ticket? Someone suggested the cop would be sufficiently upset about the whole thing that they would be more likely to give you a ticket, but my impression was more that they probably wouldn't even take the firearm unless they had a reason to, and wouldn't be more inclined to demand a search or whatever.

Having a ccw has no relevance on whether they get a ticket or not from me.

I do ask everyone I stop if they have a weapon in the car. But I have to phrase it as "without reaching for it, do you have any weapons in the car?"

If I don't say it like that I end up with "Durrrr I sure do *reaches for colt python stuffed between the seat and center console*

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

We respond to a bunch of calls we have no business responding to as well:

9 yr old refuses to go to school
Bit by a stray cat I was petting
Cat ran over in the road
Neighbor blew leaves in my yard
Someone dumped trash on the side of the road
Barking dogs
Neighbor is having a birthday party for his 6 year old on a Saturday at 2 pm and the music is too loud!

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Korgan posted:

How often does poo poo like this happen to you blokes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJbk9zjBjY8

Also was there anything that cop could/should have done to calm down the drunk arseholes or is this kind of situation just hosed from the get go

Looks like a typical weekend really. I would have simply told the lady she was intoxicated and no longer wanted in the business and she needed to leave immediately. The second she started to back talk I would have told her she was under arrest for public intoxication and put her in cuffs. Then I would have proceeded to hook everyone else who was drunk and wanted to get involved.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

That's why you apply a blood choke. "I can't breathe!" Oh yes you can but you're about to go out anyway.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I competed in judo and jiujitsu for about 15 years. I find judo is a good to be pretty practical in police work. I'm not a very big guy, I'm 5'9 and 180 lbs and I love throwing the poo poo of people that have 100 lbs on me. Verbal skills are by far the most important thing to learn though. I absolutely love to fight but I'll do everything I can to talk my way out of it first though.... Well most of the time at least.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I love that "best cop shows" is like the most debated topic of these two threads.

There is no debate, its Reno 911 and Southlabd

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

http://m.ksl.com/index/story/sid/31772096?mobile_direct=y

Sounds like possible suicide by cop based on his Facebook posts leading up to it.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

We like to take all the dildos we find during a warrant and line them up and turn them on. If you get enough of them it's like a dirty vibrating symphony.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

This day shift rotation I have been purposely driving 10 to sometimes 20 under the limit just to see how many cars I can get behind me that won't pass me.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Ducks are cool, its the geese who are vicious little bastards.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Beagles are awesome. One of my wife's beagles is a former beagle brigade dog. Ive used him on several occasions to find things I've dropped and lost in the yard.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Just 20 minutes ago I saw a medic smash a guys face about 10 times with a metal clipboard because he was being combative in the back of the meat wagon.Band-Aid Buggy.

I've also seen the old "lets use the biggest loving catheter known to mankind" trick from a 5' nothing 100 lbs smoking hot nurse with a poo poo eating grin on her face.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Untagged posted:

We can't call them rookies. It says in our general orders that it might hurt the new guys feelings.

We call them FUNGUS: gently caress U New Guy U Suck.

Other than their FTO and the supervisors we don't really talk to the new guys unless they do something really stupid or really awesome. If we hire someone whose previously been a cop were a lot easier on them.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I leave it on the seat mostly. It does have many other uses other than beating people such as:

poking deer to make sure they are dead
picking up stuff that falls on the passenger floorboard
adjusting vents on the passenger side
breaking ice sickles off of my car

or good old boring stuff like breaking windows, and pain compliance.

I think the baton gets a lot more use in the UK where they aren't as free to use tasers as we are in good old 'Murica. I would say tasers are much more effective at immobilizing a subject and you can do it from 21ft or further if you have those cool long range cartridges.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Just say no to domestic violence.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Teflon Don posted:

This belt is loving heavy

What all are you carrying on your belt?

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Teflon Don posted:

Glock 17, 2 extra mags, baton, mace, two cuffs, phone, keyring with 1488 keys.

You have no radio/taser/flashlight and you're bitching about weight? Ditch the baton and phone.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Teflon Don posted:

I have flex cuffs and enough confiscated pepper spray for the staff to fog a large crowd.

I have those too except the taser because I don't care enough to get qualified. And I think not carrying a weapon is dumb because it's another option you have if you find yourself in a situation where you need nonlethal force.

Hilarious because I think it's dumb that you don't care enough to get taser qualified when it's a much more effective tool than a baton. Sounds like someone is scared to take a ride.

And yes, 2 sets of cuffs. Double cuff case up front so I don't have to reach behind me and I don't like carrying poo poo in the small of my back anyway.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Teflon Don posted:

Taser has no qualification procedure or classes here.

Then why did you say you didn't care enough to get qualified?

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Cop gay. So What posted:

I held a drunk rear end in a top hat at taser point who was threatening to "gently caress me up" for 7 goddamn minutes before a backup arrived. Had to go back and watch the dashcam to get the time stamps because it felt like a loving eternity.

What the gently caress man! You waited for backup for 7 minutes for a drunk guy threatening you?

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

If you email ahead I'm sure there is some US/UK cop liaison organization, if you're actually thinking about it I'll get one of my friends to look in to it. I get a 10 man table at the big police boxing gala's once a year, usually November. You'd have a hell of a time as an American cop at one of those.

I really want to do this.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Your girlfriend probably left with a cop.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Shift party

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Have him watch proper spray videos. I dont want to see any barely misted bullshit.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

how is freeze compared to sabre red?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Where is the spray video already?

• Locked thread