Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Branis posted:

pro advice, don't tell federal cops to suck a dick, especially 2 year boots even if they are park police.

yeah seriously fed LEO's don't lose their FLETC boner for at least 3 years and their baton arm is itchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I'm a Navy SEAL

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Cole posted:

IDR parachute spotted

In ur internetz stealin ur valour

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Partially brown is where it's at anyway people.

I've never been to brown town but I've always wanted to

My part of Canada has the palette of a jug of 2% though so I was denied my chance :argh:

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I live smelling like curry. It's a constant reminder of the delicious meal I enjoyed.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Lebanese food is p good you guys, I can dig on hummus/shawarma/giros like all drat day.

You can just leave Greek out of there because the Lebs do everything better. Good copbro of mine is Lebanese. Went to his wedding last year and probably gained 10lbs. 5lbs of which was definitely garlic and onions.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
If we're talking delicious ethnic food though, you can't leave out Ukrainian food. Perogies, pyrizhke, holubtsi, sausage, pickles, bread, everything

And they have hot women and know how to drink

Edit: isn't one of you a filthy Polack? They're like dollar store Ukrainians so you should know what's up.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

:allears: get on one of them type writers then take a screenshot for us

Yes please!

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Captain Bravo posted:

So how important is baton training for officers nowadays? I've heard that it's mostly fallen out of favor since the taser became a thing. Do any of the cops in here still carry a baton on the beat, or do you leave it on the seat?

Also, same question for the brit cops (And Bernard :v:)

Every* patrol officer in every agency I've worked with in Canada carries a collapsible baton on their belt.

* except crusty old cops from the 70's who only carry their gun and one set of cuffs :psyduck:

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I've worked with officers who will always go to the baton over OC. Because you don't have to decontaminate the bad guy after you baton him. :v:

Plus it's usually a bit more effective. Not all the time, but usually.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
snitches get stitches

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Two Finger posted:

hi cops

question about something that's going down in nz at the moment
a journalist published a story a little while ago on one of our current events programs where they obtained a gun through what they called dubious means

basically they mail ordered a gun, put in a supposedly fake gun licence number (i suspect they used the number of someone they knew, so when the check was done it came back as a real licence), then, well, i'll quote the article:

i'm sure that the journalist had nothing but the public good in mind (and certainly not her own reputation), but to me that's absolutely flat out black and white impersonating a police officer.

this was some kind of hard-hitting journalism or something showing that they take things very seriously, but cut a long story short, it looks like she just flat out committed fraud in the name of a story.

now leaving out all of the 'huh? did no one call this rebecca were and check?' am i way off base here, or as you guys understand it, did she gently caress herself over?

gonna be loving hilarious to watch if she does go down for this, she already did some item about how disruptive to her life it was to have the cops turn up and execute a search warrant on her home

In Canada that could be Impersonate PO, or fraud. I'd prefer the criminal charge. If she cleared it with the police beforehand, then it wouldn't be an offence but I'm guessing she probably didn't.

I don't know anything about NZ's legal system so I can't give you anything reliable. Nobody outside of MZ probably could, anyways. Your statute and case law is completely different from everywhere else, so I'd doubt anyone here will be able to tell you anything specific.

DrakeriderCa fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 9, 2015

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Branis posted:

where does he even keep his mag pouch?

In his belly button maybe

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Grem posted:

I'd rather get tased multiple times than do level 1 oc training again.

I've never been tased but I've heard this a lot from people who have been - 5 seconds of pain vs 45 minutes? gently caress the spray, man

Also one of the lessons I learned from my FTO: you don't have to decontaminate baton strikes

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I found the best thing was a hose of ice cold water pointed directly at my eyeballs

gently caress everything else

gently caress pepper spray that poo poo is the worst

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
OC "made for use against humans" is prohibited in Canada, but OC "made for use against bears/dogs/squirrels" isn't. So all of our robberies get done with bear spray instead.

Skoll posted:

Don't be a killjoy you goddamn limey. This is why you guys got hosed at Dunkirk.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

this is pretty much universal.

No way Canada is awesome if you don't ask the native Canadians

• Locked thread